Page 10 of 16 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Meepo View Post
    Maybe you don't have to beat them four times to ensure victory, why not just beat them three times to ensure the win, and giving yourself the best possible position for next battle as well.

Yes a top guild like RR who not only spends a lot of gems, but spends them effectively deserves to win, and will win. However if RR doesn't spend energy effectively and Untouchables does, then Untouchables should win.

I'm sorry if I seemed totally against beating a single person into the ground as it is a valid strat. However, the victory system encourages saving energy for next battle rather than expending all resources on a single battle to go 1000000000-100 against another guild.
    Beat them three times instead of four? That is a great idea, but until the timer reaches 00:00, I'm going to do what I can to ensure victory. If that means beating you six times, I'm going to do it. I don't know how many people will log in at the last minute and outscore me, or how many resources they have left. So my only beating someone 3 times, might not have been enough. There is no "ensured" victory here. That is the problem. There is no mercy rule. Especially not in war, last time I checked. This isn't T-ball where everyone comes out a winner or gets a participation medal.

And yes, if RR doesn't spend their gems effectively and Untouchables does, you know what, they probably will win, and they'll deserve it. I don't disagree with that statement. The next one however, as I've said before, I do.

There is no guarantee that the next battle will be any easier or harder. Also, the way you word it, you are talking limited resources, as if you HAVE to conserve them. That means throwing gem spending out the door. Real wars have limited resources as well... but you also call for reinforcements, or reload your gun when at all possible too, thus boosting your previously limited resources. (gem spending)

Clearly from this and previous statements, you're the type who will pack it up and go home after you've scouted and say "nope, not worth it." Good for you. I want the person on my team that is going to say "hey, its isn't over until the fat lady sings. Lets find a way to win."

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Well, I did read all those stupidly large paragraphs & I'm left with one thought.

No comment.

Meepo is right.

Busteroaf ... go to bathroom and keep doing it.

Tacoma, will eat you in next GW. I ll make sure i plump you 100x.

Quote Originally Posted by Alitia View Post
    I second that. My apologies. Buster is just seems quite aggravated so I reacted. So just lock the list line up. I'm ok with that.
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...522#post906522

You all must have missed this thread I started a month ago

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    Well, I did read all those stupidly large paragraphs & I'm left with one thought.

No comment.
    Haha it's funny isn't it? Well it is to me. It's nice I could join in haha. Hardcore stress reliever haha!
    Alitia
    Alae Caelestia
    Food =3

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    Beat them three times instead of four? That is a great idea, but until the timer reaches 00:00, I'm going to do what I can to ensure victory. If that means beating you six times, I'm going to do it. I don't know how many people will log in at the last minute and outscore me, or how many resources they have left. So my only beating someone 3 times, might not have been enough. There is no "ensured" victory here. That is the problem. There is no mercy rule. Especially not in war, last time I checked. This isn't T-ball where everyone comes out a winner or gets a participation medal.

And yes, if RR doesn't spend their gems effectively and Untouchables does, you know what, they probably will win, and they'll deserve it. I don't disagree with that statement. The next one however, as I've said before, I do.

There is no guarantee that the next battle will be any easier or harder. Also, the way you word it, you are talking limited resources, as if you HAVE to conserve them. That means throwing gem spending out the door. Real wars have limited resources as well... but you also call for reinforcements, or reload your gun when at all possible too, thus boosting your previously limited resources. (gem spending)

Clearly from this and previous statements, you're the type who will pack it up and go home after you've scouted and say "nope, not worth it." Good for you. I want the person on my team that is going to say "hey, its isn't over until the fat lady sings. Lets find a way to win."
    Ok, in a fairly even battle, go beat them four times. However, in a completely one-sided battle, why would you need to beat them four times to ensure victory? Just save energy for next battle.

Miyabi, I'm not suggesting that it won't be pay-to-win. For example a person who spends 1 million gems on DPCs will be ahead of a person who spends 350 on TFs anyway. But for guilds with similar gemming capabilities, the factor that differentiates them should be efficiency rather than who can spend an extra 15 gems.
    Itherael - Level 1xx
    *Net *Poof *Poof *Poof *Poof *Blink *Poof *Net *Right Click *Net *Right Click *Net *Right Click...

Haha it's funny isn't it? Well it is to me. It's nice I could join in haha. Hardcore stress reliever haha!
    Stress reliever? Not so much. Reading people's comments & ideas just reinforces my belief that the human race is retarded & needs to be eradicated asap.

Farming weaker players extremely efficient. That is fine but wanting to prevent these weaker players the ability to defend themselves is just greedy. Sine RR is one of the top guilds in knd, why does it bother your team so much that name changes should not be allowed during a guild war? It is probably the only way weak guilds can defend themselves and stop their opposition from obtaining the maximum points they can in that 1 hour. Just because it frustrates your team and interrupts their flow of efficiency, so it has to be prevented? I think not. Your team chooses not to do that, because you don't need to do you? RR is a strong guild that's has been at the top for how long? RR has attained many great rewards only others could only hope for. And if you a relatively strong guild uses this tactic then, deal with it. There are a lot more weaker guilds than stronger ones in the game so think of it as giving the weaker guilds a fighting chance.

The point I'm saying is that, eun shouldn't find it necessary at all to make these changes.
    There has only been 2 wars. And while we won the first, and came in second in this last one, I really don't know if people consider them full/true wars. Being filled with so many bugs, and then the second only being 4 hours, isn't a true test. So really, we haven't attained many great things. Currently, we have Cloudrange+, to other guild's Cloudrange, from the first war. All other rewards can be found in chests, or bought. The second, being all fusion stones and fusion boost armors... not any HUGE reward. So really, we haven't gotten much of an advantage from our wins, if any, if that is what you're saying. Our main advantage, much like many other guilds, is simply the caliber of players we have that make up the guild. Much like Centurions and PB and Untouchables and the like, I feel that we have the best players in our guilds. That is our main resource and advantage.
    Last edited by busteroaf; 09-02-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Busteroaf
    Retired

Ok, in a fairly even battle, go beat them four times. However, in a completely one-sided battle, why would you need to beat them four times to ensure victory? Just save energy for next battle.

Miyabi, I'm not suggesting that it won't be pay-to-win. For example a person who spends 1 million gems on DPCs will be ahead of a person who spends 350 on TFs anyway. But for guilds with similar gemming capabilities, the factor that differentiates them should be efficiency rather than who can spend an extra 15 gems.
    Um, no? How do you define efficiency if two guilds are even & have same gemming capabilities? Gemming more than the other guy.

The only way this idea you have spent far too much time elaborating on would only work if gems aren't allowed during war WHATSOEVER. I fully support this, but good luck?

Oh wait that's right, Gree business models don't matter, just that the player have a good time & everything is fair between the players...

How's your day off going, by the way? Sucks you only get one day off. I remember hating 8th grade.

Again... you miss the idea. There is no "ensured" victory until the clock has 00:00 on it and "Victory" pops up on the screen. You don't know how many people they have fighting, or possibly "waiting" until the last minute to plunk down some energy because the other guild got complacent and eased up when they thought the win was in the books. Or, when do you say "this is a guaranteed win"? When you're up 1000 points? 2000? 20k? The point is, you never know.

Did you see the Texas football team that was down by three or something with a second left in the game? Did they pack it up? No, they ran a little flea flicker off of the kickoff and came back to win. link to the story here

Busteroaf
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    Um, no? How do you define efficiency if two guilds are even & have same gemming capabilities? Gemming more than the other guy.

The only way this idea you have spent far too much time elaborating on would only work if gems aren't allowed during war WHATSOEVER. I fully support this, but good luck?

Oh wait that's right, Gree business models don't matter, just that the player have a good time & everything is fair between the players...

How's your day off going, by the way? Sucks you only get one day off. I remember hating 8th grade.
    No,no,no. You're missing what I mean. Imagine there's two high level guilds, both in combat with weak guilds. One guild goes all out, spending all their energy to win by a huge margin, while the other does what they need to in order to win, saving their energy for next battle. In the next battle, both these high level guilds face off against each other. The guild that should end up with more points in the end should be the one who recognises that they might need their energy in a future battle in order to beat a guild of equal strength, not the one who mindlessly expends all energy in the previous battle.

This is an advantage that was earned from decision making. However, it can be completely reversed if the other guild spends gems to get their energy back to full. This makes the winning condition a combination of resource management, and gem spending power.

Oh, and I don't get a day off... Why do you get a day off?
    Last edited by Meepo; 09-02-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    Itherael - Level 1xx
    *Net *Poof *Poof *Poof *Poof *Blink *Poof *Net *Right Click *Net *Right Click *Net *Right Click...

Buster: But what if your 40-man guild go up against a 2-man guild. There's a point, within reason, where you can go: Guys, we won this one for sure, lets prepare our resources for next battle. I'm not talking about football, where a team only plays one game at once. I am talking about guild wars, where battles can happen again and again. Preparing for the next battle should hold a similar importance to winning the current battle.
    Itherael - Level 1xx

Buster: But what if your 40-man guild go up against a 2-man guild. There's a point, within reason, where you can go: Guys, we won this one for sure, lets prepare our resources for next battle. I'm not talking about football, where a team only plays one game at once. I am talking about guild wars, where battles can happen again and again. Preparing for the next battle should hold a similar importance to winning the current battle.
    Like i said this game if u are in top guilds, even if facing 2 man guilds, thats the time ppl will spend more to regen energy, you dont wait and say we got this win, lets wait 1hr+ for the next battle.
    If doing and think like this, your guild will never get a place up high.

In game: Miyabi
    Guild: Konoha

See you keep talking like there are finite resources available, and you need to "ready up" for the next battle. Also, if you aren't aware, you could be matched up against multiple easy or weak guilds back to back. Saving up resources after a point, is actually wasting them. If guilds don't use their energy for something, the guilds that are currently in battles with larger guilds, and using said resources, are flying by you on the leaderboard. If I only use 1 energy, or 25, whatever you consider it... then yes, I could start with 3/75 next time. But, its not like I start with my energy PLUS the 3/75 that I didn't use the last time. You can't stock up extra energy for the next battle. Once it is maxed out, its maxed out. Use it or lose it.

Busteroaf
    Retired

All these arguments are going round and round - Meepo has strong ideals abt how the wars should be (league system of chalking victories instead of piling up warpoints), whereas the rest are just trying to convince him that as much as his ideas are nice, it's never gonna happen becos of the way Gree runs all its guild wars and all its games. Is it good to dream? Ofc it is, but one has to wake up at some point and smell the air and find that it's not that fresh after all.

Sure forum is for sharing of ideas on how to improve the game - at some point we need to move from ideals to pragmatism.
    IGN: Thatzme
    Guild: The Rainbow Room - Last Hurrah