BEST RESPECT POINT ITEM FOR YOUR LvL???

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BEST RESPECT POINT ITEM FOR YOUR LvL???

Post Count

BEST RESPECT POINT ITEM FOR YOUR LvL???

What's the best bang for your buck item when spending your respect points? I have 2 doomsday frags and 24k respect points saved up already, I'm wondering if I should get another frag or by multiple items for a lot cheaper to give me a bettter boost in my stats.

MIDTOWN #10
    MARKETPLAZA #8
    CIVIC CENTER #9

OGK[Y] EE© <--- PwnSTAR
    Lvl 140/ 540k/560k DEF
    853 718 249
    SOK^ <--- Camper
    LVL 51/121K/115K DEF
    469 100 897

The Yamaha race bike is a personal favorite. Most cash vehicles suck.

Though there's something to be said of cash explosives being consumable, vs gold or respect explosives.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jame Hetfield View Post
    The Yamaha race bike is a personal favorite. Most cash vehicles suck.

Though there's something to be said of cash explosives being consumable, vs gold or respect explosives.
    At my level, I've been getting the TNT bundles. I can buy everything else. I think non consumable explosives are never a bad buy
    CC-
    572 739 028
    364 082 430
    668 483 974

Quote Originally Posted by tam
    ... if you believe you can buy a first place prize, knock yourself out buying one
    Prove to us all that its possible...I dare your do it
    Put your money were your mouth is
    its not possible to win with money

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Though there's something to be said of cash explosives being consumable, vs gold or respect explosives
    And that something is that consumable explosives are a complete waste of time and money.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Consistent Contributor PhantomNine's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bald zeemer View Post
    And that something is that consumable explosives are a complete waste of time and money.
    Can't argue with you on that point. People with consumables are great targets during a battle. Their defense starts dwindling and before you know it more people can then target them for those great points. (Saw one guy who started out with a defense of 79K and by the end of that battle he had 68K talk about wasted money!)

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Yup. With 3-4 people I took out 400+ landmines in a single battle. I can't imagine that the short-term ego boost of thinking your defense is a few k higher is really worth ~$60m/hr. In normal game play the speed of loss is slower, but the effect is identical.
    74xxxxx/47xxxxx
    IPH: $39xxxxxx

Proud owner of the XM Sniper Rifle & the .50 cal Garter Pistol

823 731 311
    292 501 770
    874 599 885

Banned
    Post Count
    Don't waste respect on explosives. Worst thing you can do. The car is probably your best bet.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragmondino View Post
    Don't waste respect on explosives. Worst thing you can do. The car is probably your best bet.
    Can you back this up or explain? I see a long term gain from explosives that are not consumable as opposed to a car that in 5 levels will have a similar car released that you can pay cash for.
    CC-
    572 739 028
    364 082 430
    668 483 974

... if you believe you can buy a first place prize, knock yourself out buying one

Banned
    Post Count
    Sorry I'm over level 200 all content is unlocked to me.
    Explosives, Att/def point per rp are just a waste. Vastly overpriced. Sadly I'm not good T showing the workings. Ill see if I can get ram or mxz or someone to come and show this for me

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeaddict View Post
    my best explosive is my left nut it froths 58k attack and i have 6 of them
    Murda? Why did you get a new account

Livin' the #smuglife

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Key Concept 1: Know your base. That is, what is the last item used for each of the main stats. This is key because the true value isn't just the new item, it is (new_attack - base_attack) & (new_def - base_def).
    Key Concept 2: NC explosive respect items are pretty much worthless, unless you have utterly fantastic stats already. Now that Android can loot, just do TLCs or other high lvl farmable explosives if you want them.
    Key Concept 3: Estimate a max amount of RP you earn during the day. Decent estimate for high level active stamina users is (PvP wins * 9) + (Robs * (7 + respect rob modifiers)). The extra bit in attack factors in the wins you get from TL and HHM. This will tell you how much you'll gain in a period of time.
    Key Concept 4: Respect does not always translate to equivalent cash, depending on what you buy. Instead it is more important to figure out RP/cash estimates for each of melee, armor, car, and gun. This can then be used to pick out which is best. Nobody will ever now max out on respect items. A super active robber may get 10K per day with +10 modifiers. I’m pretty active with robbing and can max 5K per day with a +5 modifier. Robs can get more than attacks.
    Key Concept 5: Just because something has better stats, it isn't necessarily better.
    Key Concept 6: Can't just predict long term stats for cash purchases, since donations will need to continue with syndicates as they add different bonuses, and increase the max number from 5.

I can show certain calculations if people care, but suffice it to say that respect goes farther with car than anything else. The cost is just too prohibitive for maxing out on the top cars.

**This analysis can fail at extremes (high IPH or very high stat)

At what base level is the break even point between the second tier and top tier?
    First calculate respect equality:
    Armor: 25 second tier to 12 first tier
    Gun: 160 second tier to 57 first tier
    Melee: 3 second tier to 1 first tier
    Car: 12 second tier to 36 first tier

Conversion to attack/defense (second tier to first tier):
    Armor: 480/444 to 340/275
    Gun: 7680/5280 to 4104/3306
    Melee: 105/93 to 61/38
    Car: 480/444 to 340/275

Break even points (just attack listed). That is, when is it prudent to buy higher tier items. Base is calculated different for each. For example, the twelfth lowest item should be considered for car second tier but only 5th worst for car first tier.:

Car: Base is 20 (or close to).
    Gun: Base is 34 (or close to).
    Armor: Base is 26 (or close to).
    Melee: Base is 22 (or close to).

The reason I say or close to, is depending on how long term you look, starting to purchase higher level respect items at a slightly lower base may make more sense. Additionally, melee may need to be a bit changed because of lowest cost of the respect for max tier.

What is the correct order to spend respect on?
    We now need to factor in cash weapons into the equation. Some notes:
    1) Don’t spend on second tier gun or melee. Better items can easily be had for cheap.
    2) Armor is pretty damn cheap cash-wise compared to the respect. I wouldn’t spend any respect on that, unless IPH is low.
    3) Respect explosives are worthless for their cost. Can’t emphasize this enough.
    4) 6.8mil cash gun is pretty much equivalent to max respect gun. Therefore, don’t spend respect on any gun.

Now we are left with top melee and both cars. A quick comparison between the two suggests that the base gained from the second tier car is the best for non-gold/low-gold spenders, followed by max car, followed by melee. Some more rigorous analysis can certainly be done, but hopefully this helps sort some things out.

Livin' the #smuglife

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Afed- I see where you're taking this and have done similar calculations...you've taken it a but further then I, but you just state that explosives are worthless and you never factor them in to show this. From where I was standing in calculations, you also have to factor in that consumables have a rate of beig lost sothe price of consumables is not what it says because there is an upkeep/replacement cost if you will. Now this percentage was unknown to me so I assumed tht there was a 10% chance it was lost. So a $10,000 explosive cost you that at start but after 10 battles has cost you an extra $10,000 in replacement. I know this doesn't work extremely well because not all of your explosives will be lost in every battle thus proving that my percentage is off. However, it does show that non consumables can be cost effective. I'd like to see a true working with the actual percentages on the explosives.
    CC-
    572 739 028
    364 082 430
    668 483 974

Post Count
    Wow alot of info afed thanks

MIDTOWN #10
    MARKETPLAZA #8
    CIVIC CENTER #9

OGK[Y] EE© <--- PwnSTAR
    Lvl 140/ 540k/560k DEF
    853 718 249
    SOK^ <--- Camper
    LVL 51/121K/115K DEF
    469 100 897

Banned
    Post Count
    I don't know why anyone would say to buy an RP vehicle anymore. A cash one can be purchased that is better than the best RP one.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedevil View Post
    Afed- I see where you're taking this and have done similar calculations...you've taken it a but further then I, but you just state that explosives are worthless and you never factor them in to show this. From where I was standing in calculations, you also have to factor in that consumables have a rate of beig lost sothe price of consumables is not what it says because there is an upkeep/replacement cost if you will. Now this percentage was unknown to me so I assumed tht there was a 10% chance it was lost. So a $10,000 explosive cost you that at start but after 10 battles has cost you an extra $10,000 in replacement. I know this doesn't work extremely well because not all of your explosives will be lost in every battle thus proving that my percentage is off. However, it does show that non consumables can be cost effective. I'd like to see a true working with the actual percentages on the explosives.
    To address explosives, they're just not worth it. Too often people consider categories rather than max gain. For example, a car that gives you a similar boost over base for far cheaper is a better buy. A 9,000 respect explosive is the same cost as three respect tier2 cars. The boost from the cars is far better for the same cost. Before, respect items could be mined at several per day, but with the recent cost it just isn't the case. It takes 5-7 days to get enough RP for one doomsday to increase attack stats by 100, so nobody will likely ever max out on RP items. However, in the same time you could buy 9 street vengeances (or 4 of max melee/car), which would increase stats by far more than 100. Nobody will likely ever max out on RP items now so it is best to do what will improve your stats the best at the given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Holicaholic View Post
    I don't know why anyone would say to buy an RP vehicle anymore. A cash one can be purchased that is better than the best RP one.
    Certainly the cash one is best. However, for most people, spending 10+ billion to max out on a vehicle is quite an effort, especially considering continually improving econ and donating to syns. You can max out on guns and armor for 40% of the cost it takes to max out on the vehicle alone.

Also, I fully recognize this analysis falls apart at the extremes...it is for the 98% of players without huge stat or huge econ.

Livin' the #smuglife