SIRIUS, any word on a patch to the update?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SIRIUS, any word on a patch to the update?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

SIRIUS, any word on a patch to the update?

I assume before you all released the current update it was tested on all devices your player base uses, if not I would offer that suggestion to your team for future updates.

There are a few threads now where people cannot log into the game after completion of the current update. One of my two accounts I can no longer log into the game, the kingdom age load screen comes up and then force closes the app before it says connection to server. Out of my two guilds, say 70 players, we have 3 so far who are experiencing the same issue. With people in different parts of the world and some who are not as active as others there are certainly more who will also be locked out. By my estimate you are losing 4% of your players right now, but any loss in my eyes is not the direction a business wants to go.

Please let us know if you are working on a patch or give us an option to load the old version. Thank you for your time.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedood View Post
    I assume before you all released the current update it was tested on all devices your player base uses, if not I would offer that suggestion to your team for future updates.

There are a few threads now where people cannot log into the game after completion of the current update. One of my two accounts I can no longer log into the game, the kingdom age load screen comes up and then force closes the app before it says connection to server. Out of my two guilds, say 70 players, we have 3 so far who are experiencing the same issue. With people in different parts of the world and some who are not as active as others there are certainly more who will also be locked out. By my estimate you are losing 4% of your players right now, but any loss in my eyes is not the direction a business wants to go.

Please let us know if you are working on a patch or give us an option to load the old version. Thank you for your time.
    Good post. One good thing about releasing apps on iOS is that the hardware and operating system is known. There is a thread asking for Android version... Really.. I dont think you want that.

As a developer myself I can say that its rather easy to make apps for iOS, specially if you dont use Retina like KA. Android is more fragmented wich makes it more difficult as a developer to ensure 100% compatibility.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thank you, I am trying to make a reasonable request to them. I am very excited about the new raid boss content, but am feeling frustration as someone who is not a developer these things seem like they would be standard operating procedure. Even if they were to do a live test of the update, shouldn't they be ready for it's failure with a rollback or patch?

Lurker
    Post Count
    If GREE doesn't fix it for iPad1 & 2 with iOS 4.3.x players, I must thank them for helping me to stop the game addiction. I'll just transfer my avatar to someone else in my former guild. There's still gems left in my account.

Post Count
    Simple acknowledgment of the issue would be nice.....our guild founder can't log in either.

Post Count
    Please help...!

I've been playing KA since the game was released and transfers are even a pita now. I want to continue playing, but I'm afraid to update as I'm on an old iPad.
    Maybe I'll try transferring my account to my phone, but it's so tiny!

I guess the Raid Boss is out for many of us.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    This amused me so ill share.

I don't play crime city so ive never been on the forum before but just went to see when Sirius' last post was (7 days ago so maybe not around atm) but at the same time does this thread give anyone else the sense that KA players are getting even more screwed here?

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...707#post939707

Paint the World Black With Us.
    Dragon Realms 840-064-428

Kingdom Age Ally Code- 734-077-018

Dragon Realms Ally Code- 911-214-292
    Dragon Realms Guild Code - 840-064-428

Articulate Author Colony Colonel's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by l3lade2 View Post
    This amused me so ill share.

I don't play crime city so ive never been on the forum before but just went to see when Sirius' last post was (7 days ago so maybe not around atm) but at the same time does this thread give anyone else the sense that KA players are getting even more screwed here?

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...707#post939707
    I feel sick.

Post Count

Post Count
    Fortunately I can still log on with my ipad2 but does anyone have advice on what to do when you need to send a ticket to support but pressing "contact support" cause your app to crash ?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydonia View Post
    Fortunately I can still log on with my ipad2 but does anyone have advice on what to do when you need to send a ticket to support but pressing "contact support" cause your app to crash ?
    Find an old ticket in your sent items mailbox and reuse it. Best to scrub the timestamp and mention why

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Before going in to work I installed iTunes on my pc. Synced up my iPad and there was a newer version of iOS available, even though iTunes showed all updated on my iPad previously. I was able to load up the game, and after three open and close have gotten back all of my stats. Have not had the chance to check any other functionality of the game at this point.

To those who cannot enter, I suggest you try to sync your iPad or iPhone with iTunes on your pc as different options are there for updates. The downside is that it wipes your unit of all apps, so backup before.

Good luck everyone!