Is this game getting too much for most of us to handle?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this game getting too much for most of us to handle?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Is this game getting too much for most of us to handle?

Do anyone in this forum feels that this game is taking too much of your time and money?

Is gree really so hungry for money that we would need around 8-10 vaults of gold just to complete 1
    event?

GREE pls make this game more affordable for most of the people here and not for the TOP 3 factions.

I am sure most of the money that GREE earns is from us who is spending not as much as the TOP 3
    factions. But will still spend some money on this game.

Banned
    Post Count
    Amen, but if that question/statement in your first sentence was made once before, then it must have been said 1,000 times before.

I don't think very many are actually attempting it to be honest, based on what I have read here.

A good opportunity to spend that time with family & RL friends. Get off the treadmill for a while and make it a massive personal RL positive.

Time? Until recently, heck yeah. Money? I've spent a whopping $18 (I know, but w/e) on this in 4 months & I feel I give the developers a fair price for the amount of effort it takes to manage a basically non-animated & now painfully obvious on-line gambling site.
    It's the development of the "randomly generated hit" that really, really, rubs me the wrong way. 2120 energy to NOT kill an (8x86) character? 4 hits registered while giving me a bucket of XP.
    It's taken what I find to be a surprising amount of fun out of the game.
    I now really don't care to participate other than basic base/vault management, and since upgrades have reached the +100hr point, I'm only checking in every other day as opposed to +20x a day.
    Our Faction voted to go volunteer participation until after the holidays, and I'm willing to wait to see if the system goes back to 1 hit =1 hit after this strange multi-tiered event. If not, I'm likley gonna pack it in and miss my Faction a lot more than Gree will miss my (projected) $72/yr.
    I'm so very dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Speak Easy View Post
    Amen, but if that question/statement in your first sentence was made once before, then it must have been said 1,000 times before.

I don't think very many are actually attempting it to be honest, based on what I have read here.

A good opportunity to spend that time with family & RL friends. Get off the treadmill for a while and make it a massive personal RL positive.
    That is an excellent point of view. Should maybe just put the iPad down for a week or two.....

Post Count
    I Play gold free as far as I can resist I do buy the odd truck and vault but am not wasting too much time in this event as it seems ridiculously high XP for the rewards available. I agree with others, this is a great opportunity to put the game down and re establish contact with my family and friends in the real world. Suggest y'all do the same too. Have a very merry Christmas everyone! Look forward to seeing you back here in the new year

Banned
    Post Count
    People will look back upon November, 2013 when things began to unravel.
    Many attempts to quiet the truth and silence dissenters were successful before November.
    As the truth and facts are pesky things, that won't die or be silenced, they persisted.
    Eventually, DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS, were whispered and then shouted.
    The rest is history.
    Maybe, just maybe, there could be another three months of life left in this THING.
    Then again, maybe less!
    At any rate, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, and Ronnie Milsap said to tell everyone; even they see the END GAME approaching!
    Last edited by Judas Goat; 12-17-2013 at 04:57 AM.

Post Count
    Im not serious to the game anymore, dont feel anything if i raided to, open game then close as soon as i ran out my energy. Starting to play casually now. No excitement unlike before

Modern war code - 560320147, 740 526 551 add me please
    Kingdom Age code - 953-474-768

유인나 is my crush

Lurker
    Post Count
    MW has lost its excitement for me. There was a time I looked forward to almost every event. Slowly they changed the events to the point that one by one I have lost interest. This last ltq series has put the cap on it for me. I'm going to upgrade and participate in WD events until they ruin that too. I am saving a lot of money though.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Douchebag View Post
    Time? Until recently, heck yeah. Money? I've spent a whopping $18 (I know, but w/e) on this in 4 months & I feel I give the developers a fair price for the amount of effort it takes to manage a basically non-animated & now painfully obvious on-line gambling site.(
    Difference being that gambling typically involves some potential payout. Albeit a slight one. No such thing with this game other than your enjoyment, which seems to be waning.

I play this, CC and KA. MW is by far the least interesting to me and I might be on my way out. I know you will all miss me terribly

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I agree,
    I've been a long time lurker and just signed up.

My personal favorite is accidentally taking down a map boss while trying to hit one of the 20+ little people on certain areas.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    This game used to be an exciting game for me and I couldn't wait to get online. I even purchased gold to get the edge on a mission. Not anymore. It's a waste of both my time and energy to put too much into this game. Too much emphasis has been put on the almighty dollar. Nowadays, it's not about strategy and beating the other guy, it's about who can outspend their opponents.

This latest ltq has really opened my eyes. Unless you're a big spender, you might as well forget it. Quite frankly, it might be an honor for the top factions to have such an event named after them, but it's a slap in the face to the rest of us.

Lurker
    Post Count
    After several years of playing this game, I too am starting to feel its a waste. Im personally not buying any more gold in this game (use to spend an average of 20$ a month) because it's obvious to me that certain people have found a way to either exploit energy or acquire ridiculous amounts of free gold. Who knows maybe there are people out there spending 1000's of dollars on gold but There's just no way to keep up with it. At least with my wallet or morals. I'll keep playing for now, but if it stays on the same track I'm out!!!

Post Count
    Nope, I prefer more tangible items and not a bunch of bits and bytes spinning around on a platter in a server room.

Any long time player came to the conclusion a long time ago that the deck was stacked and either left or stuck around to wait out the inevitable train wreck. I suspect many of my friends and rivals are doing the same.

In terms of really caring, I feel sorry for the mods and support staff, they are left dangling by the guys doing the developing who are being screwed over by the money grabbers at head orifice. I care about my fellow team mates, I don't care about the game frankly. As it's become more of a curiosity to me.

I am impressed by the crew who have successfully hacked the server and have been able to access accounts and reset the building timers so that they can go in and rob you blind. That was very clever. So clever that I stopped rebuilding my money buildings on a couple of LLPs they have accessed. I might have sent a ticket to support if it would get past the autobots.

I feel sorry for those who post and complain, seriously guys you are wasting your time. Just sit back and watch Rome burn.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Banned
    Post Count

Wall Street Journal

Gree Earnings: Net Slides 74%

Restructuring Costs Hurt Game-Site Operator's Results

By*MAYUMI NEGI****OKYO—Social-games site operator*Gree*Inc. said net profit fell 74% in the company's fiscal first quarter, hit by restructuring costs and a lack of compelling games.The Japanese company also said it expects sales to continue to fall in the current quarter.Gree has been slashing jobs at home and abroad as it and bigger rival DeNA*Co. hurry to adjust to consumers' increasing preference for smartphone games.

To woo back users who now bypass its games site to download apps directly onto their phones, Gree will release new games for smartphones and experiment in new genres in the fiscal half through June, Chief Executive*Yoshikazu Tanaka*said Wednesday."We've raised our ability to design native [app] games," as well as in-house Web-based games, Mr. Tanaka said at a news conference.

Gree is focusing more of its resources on the growing smartphone market he said.Gree is now developing more game applications that are native toApple*Inc.'s iPhone and iPad and on mobile devices that use*GoogleInc.'s Android operating system. Just one-quarter of Gree's game revenue is generated by such native apps now, but if that percentage grows, it would mark a significant strategy shift by Gree.Gree's mainstay business is operating a social-games website where it charges developers a fee in exchange for marketing and distribution support, along with analytical tools to help developers encourage players to spend money.

But game developers are grumbling—they already pay a 30% fee to Apple and Google from sales made on their systems. Having to pay another fee to the social-games platform is painful, given what often are slim margins on mobile games.For Gree, however, letting go of its games portal to become a game developer would cut deeply into the company's profit margins. The smartphone-games arena is becoming increasingly competitive, with videogame heavyweights such as Activision Publishing Inc. andUbisoft Entertainment*SA also developing games for smartphones.Gree logged a net profit of ¥2.4 billion ($24 million) for the quarter through September, recovering from a loss of ¥311 million for the previous three months, but still down 74% from ¥9.07 billion a year earlier.

Amid cuts in promotion, outsourcing and hiring, operating profit rose 26% from the previous quarter to ¥9.8 billion, but fell 38% from a year earlier.Revenue fell 6.9% from a year earlier to ¥35.33 billion.A total of 205 people signed up for Gree's voluntary-retirement program, helping reduce personnel costs by an estimated ¥1 billion in the fiscal year. But operating profit and sales are likely to fall a little less than 10% in the current quarter from the previous quarter, the company said.Gree also is considering new revenue streams, including a trading-card business and from venture-capital operations.Shares in Gree are down 35% since the start of the year, underperforming a 40% rise in the benchmark Nikkei Stock Average.
    Last edited by Sup Me Long Time; 12-17-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    ...I feel sorry for those who post and complain, seriously guys you are wasting your time. Just sit back and watch Rome burn.
    LOL... Can't say that we didn't try but in the end it is just futile. Let me pull up a chair next to you, I'll get some drinks and marshmallows so that we can roast them on the fire and toast ourselves for getting out when the time was right. I'm sure we can have right ol' crack reminiscing of the good old days when we had lots of fun playing this game before GREE went overkill with all the faction and individual events that cost an arm and a leg to complete...