Ban the cheaters - Page 21

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Ban the cheaters

Lurker
    Post Count
    That is impossible. Your telling me that there is 60 people in this game that play legit...?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BRIA11 View Post
    That is impossible. Your telling me that there is 60 people in this game that play legit...?
    What I'm telling you is we didn't do the tank or Driod glitch. If a faction member would have used it he/she would have been removed. Same for any other glitch or hack.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    My faction hasn't used any glitch or hack. I won't allow it.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ezmunie View Post
    My faction hasn't used any glitch or hack. I won't allow it.
    Much respect

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Ok guys, let's put to rest whether or not this is against the rules, etc. gree has spoken
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    Please note that purchasing these items is considered a breach of the Terms of Service.

The Development Team is aware of this issue and is currently working on a resolution. Once I have more details, we will provide an update.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Its Grees own fault this whole mess happened. Guarantee that if they ban all those who bought and sold them units they would be committing financial suicide. Don't put out broke upgrades and people couldn't glitch

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Well I hope they can roll back the clock before the update came out. I don't see any way this can be corrected without have many other issues from another solution. Just not sure this is possible at least not possible for free to do.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    If they do that, they would have to roll back all the wd prizes too

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Here is the funny thing that I have seen during this WD. GREE introduced the issue in the first place. Players see this and take advantage of it. I've seen it from the Top 10 down to the Top 2000. Now that said, I've seen faction accusing players in Dockbot of using the Glitch and they themselves had players using the glitch! Now call the kettle black will you!

This has been a funny roll out and I find it entertaining personally. With so many that have abused this flaw, the simplest thing to do is just patch it, script out the Apollo rank units that players shouldn't have (and yes GREE can do this very easily) and just let it be. To ban every account or even to punish every account will cause an even more backlash and will push players away from the game (and revenue that is needed by the parent company).

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
    Here is the funny thing that I have seen during this WD. GREE introduced the issue in the first place. Players see this and take advantage of it. I've seen it from the Top 10 down to the Top 2000. Now that said, I've seen faction accusing players in Dockbot of using the Glitch and they themselves had players using the glitch! Now call the kettle black will you!

This has been a funny roll out and I find it entertaining personally. With so many that have abused this flaw, the simplest thing to do is just patch it, script out the Apollo rank units that players shouldn't have (and yes GREE can do this very easily) and just let it be. To ban every account or even to punish every account will cause an even more backlash and will push players away from the game (and revenue that is needed by the parent company).
    And what about money and valour gained

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt Kije View Post
    Let everyone keep it, game is already broke and the units are the main problem for the crazy increase in stats. Plus cash would mean lots more little teams able to compete in frontline thus pushing gold spending up again.....

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt Kije View Post
    irrelevant at the moment. If you remember the last recycle glitch that occurred the money and valor was kept. The same could be done in this case but change some of the conditions of the game for a few months to even out the cash and valor issue. This is what I suspect will happen. Remember that in the past 4-6 months, we have had the APM and Gold flaws/glitch. Gree has made application and system changes to fix this as well as some conditional changes to the events to counter the gold gained by this (as well as some of the players complaining about the events being too easy). To simply ban a player will eventually hurt the company in the long run as that is cutting off a potential source of income. The issue is to fix the flaw and ensure that steps in-house is taken so that this doesn't happen again. And this is where the heart of the issue is. Why is it that these glitches get by the QA and Testers in the first place? Also, why is it that testers tell the teams about the issues but yet the issues are rolled out to the general public? Punishment shouldn't be done to the players (even though they have taken advantage of the situation). Punishment should be done to the Development & QA teams for allowing this crap to get out of the door in the first place!
    Last edited by Indiana; 02-23-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Community Manager
    Post Count
    An update regarding this has been posted here: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...e-Valor-Glitch

This thread is being locked. Please direct all comments, questions, and discussion to the above post.