Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Roark View Post
    thank you for this!
    my next battle versus level 27 boss: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...5X0FwT2c#gid=5
    I think you forgot to share your spreadsheet Roark? Atleast I can't open it.

/Lii

Thanks BethMo and Lii!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lii View Post
    I think you forgot to share your spreadsheet Roark? Atleast I can't open it.

/Lii
    oops, changed it to shared

Quote Originally Posted by Roark View Post
    oops, changed it to shared
    Cool, I am happy you got it working. Hope you find it useful.

Not sure it is on purpose but it looks in your sheet like you have forgotten to add guild bonuses (could of course just mean your not in a guild) and remember to change the max level of the armor when using e.g. nemesis. I have actually made some updates to the calculator to make it default to the max level of the armor you choose. To avoid overconfident calculations when switching between armors to check which one is best and then forgetting to change the max level

Quote Originally Posted by Lii View Post
    Not sure it is on purpose but it looks in your sheet like you have forgotten to add guild bonuses (could of course just mean your not in a guild)
    Roark plays on Android, so no guilds yet.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Bump it up.

Thanks for the great info!
    Knights & Dragons (Android)
    IGN: Usul [100+]

Guild war rankings: 4th, 10th, 9th, 3rd, 3rd .... more coming soon
    The Herd is growing fast and strong!

Don't feel quite up to par to be top 10 *yet*? But love to compete? We would also like to help you too! Team Unicorn and other US allies are recruiting!

I'm level 44. The calculator is off by a lot at my level. Here's what I did:

My commander in AA+ 50/50 + lvl 100 friend in HH+ 50/50.
    My guild has +4% in air/fire/water
    Boss level 16 = 749/386, 14635 hp

So first thing I see is that when I take the guild bonuses away, the armor numbers are off by a bit. My health is correct however.

The calculator says I should've killed him easily with 21611 potential damage. 24k with crits. In reality I took the boss down to half in the first attempt. Then had to use up 5 more energy with the same group makeup to kill him.

Unfortunately I didn't record each attack made and his exact health since I'm at work and don't have the time to do it, but I can try again later with the level 17 boss.

Alright I did it again at 17. Don't have individual attack numbers but I have final health value.

There were no misses along with judicious use of special attacks. I don't know exactly the upgrade values of the my friend's armors, so I put them in as a close approximation to the numbers they show

Here's the link to my spreadsheet: redacted

The boss won. He had 3903 health left. According to the sheet, with no misses, I should've gotten him to 429. Which is around 5-7 hits off.
    Last edited by DonutEnigma; 09-20-2013 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonutEnigma View Post
    Alright I did it again at 17. Don't have individual attack numbers but I have final health value.

There were no misses along with judicious use of special attacks. I don't know exactly the upgrade values of the my friend's armors, so I put them in as a close approximation to the numbers they show

Here's the link to my spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kE&usp=sharing

The boss won. He had 3903 health left. According to the sheet, with no misses, I should've gotten him to 429. Which is around 5-7 hits off.
    Don't forget, your friend's stats may be capped..
    QUIT

Quote Originally Posted by cubey View Post
    Yeah. Someone mentions numbers at http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ginners/page22

I guess for the calculations here, a level 100+ player is assumed.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    Numbers make me sleepy
    You really need to get yourself checked in at the hospital ... your sleepy AGAIN lol

Quote Originally Posted by cubey View Post
    So basically the game's numbers are lying to me?

I'm level 44. The calculator is off by a lot at my level. Here's what I did:

My commander in AA+ 50/50 + lvl 100 friend in HH+ 50/50.
    My guild has +4% in air/fire/water
    Boss level 16 = 749/386, 14635 hp

So first thing I see is that when I take the guild bonuses away, the armor numbers are off by a bit. My health is correct however.

The calculator says I should've killed him easily with 21611 potential damage. 24k with crits. In reality I took the boss down to half in the first attempt. Then had to use up 5 more energy with the same group makeup to kill him.

Unfortunately I didn't record each attack made and his exact health since I'm at work and don't have the time to do it, but I can try again later with the level 17 boss.
    Beth tracked down looking at Nehemiah's data that there's appears to be a straight penalty for not being level 100 (namely that the same armor at level 100 would produce more damage than worn at level 90 including the stat differential between 90 and 100 character level).

I've been poking away at the bosses on my alt and tracking damage done to see if it can be determined what the scaling factor is if any; @Donut: the friends are indeed capped by your main armor, it was explicitly a set function I thought at low levels but I had something strange which I didn't fully record (haven't been playing the alt much with the GW fiasco) where it may not be linearly scaled, namely my friends were doing nearly identical damage as my alt, and that was, well, unexpected.

I'll check again on whatever the next boss is as I had stopped tracking friend stats as it appeared to be a simple and known calculation.
    --Rev

Hi DonutEnigma,

As some have already mentioned the formulas in the calculator are unfortunately only accurate for level 100+ players. I have done some minor efforts trying to figure out how it works for sub level 100 players. But as I don't have an alt to test with and not enough time those efforts have not given much result yet.

Feedback I have gotten from other players that are sub 100 is that as long as you input your level and your armor values manually as they are given in the game you should have fairly accurate numbers for your own knights. However what is really off in the calculator is the damage done by hired friends due to the cap if you are under level 100 yourself.

If someone figured out the formulas for this I can easily update the calculator, until then I am afraid you will have to wait until you get to level 100 to use it. Or use it as an indicator on which armors you best use on your own knights to kill the boss.

/Lii

Hey Lii,

I didn't know about the friend capping. I thought they had changed it since my friend's stats jumped by a lot a while ago. For this next boss I'll try to record everything and see what useful data, if any, I can come up with.