Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Assault and Flattery View Post
    We are making a few modifications to the Battle for Empire City Event based on player feedback that we hope will improve the event and create a better experience for you all.

Syndicate matching: We are tweaking a few configurations with how syndicates are matched. We expect these changes will achieve 2 goals: to create better matches and increase variety of the matches. Before, there were a few particularities with the algorithm that would occasionally result in very strong syndicates being paired against very weak syndicates, as well as some syndicates battling the same rival syndicate over and over. We hope that our changes will create more fair fights as well as reduce the incidence of repeat matching. While we can't reveal our "secret sauce" for matching syndicates, we can say that this new system will take into account average syndicates strength, the number of syndicates members, and the number of event points your syndicates has earned, as well as a few other factors, and as always, some degree of randomness.

Hideouts: Make sure you are investing in hideouts for the event this weekend! We are making these more valuable for syndicates, so make sure your syndicate has them lined up and ready to go!
    single person syndicate with 15/13m meets syn with 7 people and a def leader with 20m already and 100 levels lower. great improvement indeed
    lvl: 250
    atk: 17m+ @ 230 mafia
    iph: 14m

ID 431 445 807

Quote Originally Posted by vitus79 View Post
    single person syndicate with 15/13m meets syn with 7 people and a def leader with 20m already and 100 levels lower. great improvement indeed
    4 person streak synd meets single person synd.

They're obviously going heavily on syndicate size in the matching system.

Judging from my account we took the wall down and now it seemed like the points were not as good as they were in the past. Not seeming the 350+ points I used to see for beating the same level apart. Can a mod explain what the change was in the wall now that the event started.

Quote Originally Posted by vitus79 View Post
    2nd match - 4 person team meets 4 person team - again the player numbers seem to be a strong matching factor

My main account does half the damage it used to to the wall.

With almost an extra million in A/D from last battle.

We are making a few modifications to the Battle for Empire City Event based on player feedback that we hope will improve the event and create a better experience for you all.!
    So where is all this feedback begging you to give us stronger hideouts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Fish View Post
    You really provide a quantity gaming experience.

Quote Originally Posted by TZora View Post
    unless you take down the wall, u can't make good IP on your attacks. there are many syndicates that do not spend but have just enough ppl playing so that they can take down the wall and give a few hits on opponents.

with the wall becoming more tough, most syndicates will end up hitting the wall. every gree action makes you buy gold. whatever they do, it is always to make you pull out your credit card. did u see how nicely it was all worded? make you stronger by increasing your wall health .. lmfao
    Yeah, my argument is that these syns that do not have enough players to bring down the wall with free hits will be going against similar syns that can't bring down the wall with free hits either...so, if both syns restrain from spending gold, they are in the same situation they were before this change...if one syn decides to spend gold, then they should win, before or after the change...if both syns pay gold, then why didn't they spend gold in the previous wars?
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

The OP suggested that there was a change to the walls importance itself. It seems that the change is to the amount of damage Players do to the wall. This is very deceptive. GREE had a choice A) Increase the Health of a wall, B) Decrease the damage dealt by players. The more upfront approach was to increase the wall health. Although both achieve the same result of increasing the number of hits required to remove a wall, choice A) is transparent, choice B) seems like something was taken away from me. I have wall damage modifiers, and they basically negated them. Why does GREE always seem to choose the more devious, deceptive choices for their game? Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty McPurr View Post
    The OP suggested that there was a change to the walls importance itself. It seems that the change is to the amount of damage Players do to the wall. This is very deceptive. GREE had a choice A) Increase the Health of a wall, B) Decrease the damage dealt by players. The more upfront approach was to increase the wall health. Although both achieve the same result of increasing the number of hits required to remove a wall, choice A) is transparent, choice B) seems like something was taken away from me. I have wall damage modifiers, and they basically negated them. Why does GREE always seem to choose the more devious, deceptive choices for their game? Thanks...
    To me it also seems like they reduced the points you receive from hitting the wall. Especially once the wall is down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    So where is all this feedback begging you to give us stronger hideouts?
    Probably from the same people that told them the Rivals List was broken and needs fixing.

14 player synd vs brewskis? Top 10 synd. Gree is full of crap! The new match ups are designed to make you spend more gold and that's it!

Thanks gree I'll keep my $$ in my own bank from now on.
    Seems you ruined the only fun bit left In the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Molly's Side Boob View Post
    While I have you here A&F, would you mind explaining the logic behind the difference in points awarded when I win a fight during battle. As in, why one hit is 300 points and the next can be 600?

It would be greatly appreciated
    I may be late to the party, but I would also like some kind of explanation. Level 250s are already at a disadvantage, since they can only get decent points against another 250. My average for the first 3 battles is 300 points with a single score above 500. Wars have turned into a waste of time for HLPs.

We're actually looking at some changes to how points are awarded for the next war to address that very concern for L250 players. More details will be posted on that in the coming weeks, but the matcher changes are major enough we're taking things one step at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerle View Post
    We're actually looking at some changes to how points are awarded for the next war to address that very concern for L250 players. More details will be posted on that in the coming weeks, but the matcher changes are major enough we're taking things one step at a time.
    Jerle: It certainly looks to us 200 or above you want us out of the game. You once said you didn't understand why we are the only game that avoids level up. But what are advantages? Only disadvantages for at least 1.5 years.

Think about it since stat inflation what are the benefits:

1. IPH? Nope LTBs take care of that
    2. Boss: Nope they get harder as you lvl up by tiers
    3. War: Nope you are the pin cushion target for any syn
    4. LTQ: Maybe if you invested in energy
    5. PVP: Nope you get more points scoring off higher lvl

so your team finds it difficult to understand why we hate leveling up. But from our view we see no advantages, just disadvantages, of leveling up. I'd like to know what the Gree team think the advantages are. All the other games I can think of give you an incentive. Gree does not.

Wow molasses runs faster than your cc server!

We are making a few modifications to the Battle for Empire City Event based on player feedback that we hope will improve the event and create a better experience for you all.

Syndicate matching: We are tweaking a few configurations with how syndicates are matched. We expect these changes will achieve 2 goals: to create better matches and increase variety of the matches. Before, there were a few particularities with the algorithm that would occasionally result in very strong syndicates being paired against very weak syndicates, as well as some syndicates battling the same rival syndicate over and over. We hope that our changes will create more fair fights as well as reduce the incidence of repeat matching. While we can't reveal our "secret sauce" for matching syndicates, we can say that this new system will take into account average syndicates strength, the number of syndicates members, and the number of event points your syndicates has earned, as well as a few other factors, and as always, some degree of randomness.

Hideouts: Make sure you are investing in hideouts for the event this weekend! We are making these more valuable for syndicates, so make sure your syndicate has them lined up and ready to go!
    Thanks for the update but if this game gets any slower during battles I'm gonna have to get out and push! What is this? Driving Miss. Daisy? Gee Gree, another let down!