Can we get a "dev" in here please

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we get a "dev" in here please

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Can we get a "dev" in here please

The mods have done and said enough trying to smooth over these consistent screw ups and quite frankly they don't deserve the ridicule for your mistakes

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Bear View Post
    The mods have done and said enough trying to smooth over these consistent screw ups and quite frankly they don't deserve the ridicule for your mistakes
    I can't say for sure, but I don't think any of these occurrences were mistakes.
    That includes the latest, STRONGER THAN BULL, 'boss'.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    I can't say for sure, but I don't think any of these occurrences were mistakes.
    That includes the latest, STRONGER THAN BULL, 'boss'.
    The Devs have probably followed the requirements from the game designers to the letter. Testers have probably tested to each requirement. I'd say check the requirements from the designers. Maybe it's working as "designed".

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mila Relyt View Post
    The Devs have probably followed the requirements from the game designers to the letter. Testers have probably tested to each requirement. I'd say check the requirements from the designers. Maybe it's working as "designed".
    Well, in a way, you're right, LAST EVENT.
    This event, they simply left EVERYTHING the same as it was for the 1st sighting of the STRONGER THAN A BULL BOSS. LOL

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Look I would not even ask if you "devs" did not lurk in this forum but come on, show a bit of pride in your work, especially and let me say that one more time, especially since we the players of let's face it a god awful developed game, are the ones that somehow keep you employed. I actually feel terrible for the mods here but applaud their constant efforts to save face, I couldn't do it.

We have BEGGED for semi glitch free events but apparently that is too much to ask. most of the players of this game including myself play other game platforms and this by far is the WORST in every single aspect from the customer service to basic game functionality. Honestly I don't know what you do from here, start over, blow it up, hire experienced devs, I dunno but spend 5 mins reading this forum or better yet read just relics post since she's been here and count how many times she has had to apologize to the players! NOT NORMAL

Post Count
    Well isn't this a fine mess....

I can certainly understand why the mods went silent, they can only be hung out to dry so many times.

The devs, now that is an interesting question. Did they know this was going to happen again, tell management that it was a mistake but still ordered to go ahead? That seems to be the most plausible explanation since if I was told to do this and had warned management that this was going to be a catastrophe I wouldn't want to show up here and have to make excuses for the idiot in charge....

If the company is so fractured internally I would guess this game is going to end very soon.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Well isn't this a fine mess....

I can certainly understand why the mods went silent, they can only be hung out to dry so many times.

The devs, now that is an interesting question. Did they know this was going to happen again, tell management that it was a mistake but still ordered to go ahead? That seems to be the most plausible explanation since if I was told to do this and had warned management that this was going to be a catastrophe I wouldn't want to show up here and have to make excuses for the idiot in charge....

If the company is so fractured internally I would guess this game is going to end very soon.

I recall being the ONLY "Chicken Little" not too many months ago.

It was a lonely task, but over those many months, others came to see the light.

Now it's almost May of 2015.

Will the sky actually fall?

Or, are we behaving deliriously?

Only time will tell, and as Cassius said to Brutus in The Ides of March scene, "Men at some time are masters of their fates. The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings. Brutus and Caesar—what should be in that “Caesar”?

Let the death watch commence.

"

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    . . ."Men at some time are masters of their fates. The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings. . .
    I've always loved that quote. I took action today to stop being a puppet. I deleted the game. There wasn't anything to do anyway. Team is sitting out RB and lagging makes it unplayable.
    A strange game! The only winning move is not to play.—War Games (1983)

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.—Voltaire

Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.—Vernon Howard

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.—Alice Walker

To complain is nonacceptance of what is...change it, leave it, or accept it. All else is madness.—Eckhart Tolle

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Pity, Bolt must be coming up on 2 weeks, wanted to ask him how he was enjoying it so far

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Well I asked and not shocked one bit not a one showed up. Heck I would have taken that 7 day wd mastermind but no dice. Guess the "devs" only show up when the sun is shining bright and we all know around here that's never the case. So I suppose the mods are left standing out in the rain, as usual.

Till next time I suppose.... When's the next event, tomorrow? See ya then lol

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    This game reminds me of a saying in my automotive career field...
    a technician tells his supervisor that this is a pile of "poop" (so mods dont have to edit)
    His supervisor reports to middle management that we have a bunch of manuer. Middle management reports to department head that we have the right condition for growth. Department head reports that things are growing quickly.... by the time upper management gets the report, all they see is that the product is all roses and ready for sale even though all they really have is a pile of "poop"
    EZ Brotherhood Officer

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Bear View Post
    You're totally right about the Community Managers: Clementine, Relic, Bolt, and Tadaaah in Facebook. They take a lot of crapola for things they have no power to control. CMs type in orange, and are paid to run the forums and to be a liaison between GREE & it's customers, the players.

The "mods", or moderators, who type in green, are player volunteers, not employed by GREE, and have as much access to & info from the development teams as any & every customer does... just to be clear. The mods are here to help the CM team with forum rule violations. They know as mush about the games as we do.

For sure, the developers read everything on the forums.
    They choose not to post. (No wonder why.)

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Hey everyone,

The Devs come here occasionally to read posts, but they're busy working on the games and are appropriately focused there and being pulled away to post isn't the best use of their time. With the much-needed acquisition of Bolt to the team, the Community staff is working on better communication to our customers. We're excited about this!

Thank you very much, Vile Lynn, for clarifying our roles here on the forum! It's been posted before but regular reminders are always welcome. Our roles are also defined in the Code of Conduct.

I'd like to thank everyone for keeping this thread pretty darned constructive. It could have turned ugly and it hasn't - this means more to us than you know.

Post Count
    Nice signature photo.
    -
    Now, how about a dev comes in here to explain how they're going to fix all the issues, promise said issues won't be recurring ones and pledge that no new avoidable issues will be foisted onto their beta testers.... Sorry..... Customers.
    -
    Then we'll see about the hug.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Nice monkeys but these are more how we feel gree operates: