GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Three Quick Questions

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Hell, they've had so many instances of that, it's ridiculous. It's one thing to have to keep building in the foundation, it's quite another when they blow up the foundation every few months and make you basically rebuild. I guess at least you already have the property, water, sewer, and electrical in place, so it's not a complete loss, but dosnt make you feel warm and fuzzy about it either. I guess I'm used to it now, but is nuts just how many times they've done that. Then I keep hearing how new guys are screwed. It's almost the other way around. Each new round of changes the newer guys have more of a chance to catch up without spending the kind of money some spent to get their stats. I remeber what it took for me and mr dew to reach 100k early, then 200k, etc. Every penny of that was wasted. Who would even want a unit that was a hundred k today.
    Completely agree

I always think back to a few things that cost quite a lot
    - fusion apc (I think) was the first +1 upgrade I got from a crate event. Had to put a lot of gold into that, and then it became possible to buy ab eqiv unit a few years later for a faction of the price
    - golden units. I used to wait for the 2 or 3 packs and then buy lots to build up a load of bonus units. Stat inflation killed that

Could go on about more, but you've summed it up well

Post Count
    At least though all the old timers have the benefit of excellent percentage boosts from all the great boost units that were given out back then. Nowadays gree are so miserly (partly to be fair because they were trying to reign in rampant stat inflation caused by said great boosts) that new players really don't have a chance of catching old timers unless Gree reset everything with a new initiative (like failed equipment). It's just a mess all round.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    No worries! I'll see what I can find out in greater detail though it might not be today due to it's most folks time to head home^^
    Thanks for the help Sirius!

Always great to have help from those that know exactly what is going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I feel sorry for those who post and complain, seriously guys you are wasting your time.
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Rob I'm afaraid that they're not always great at sharing that knowledge with us. I think that's the most frustrating thing that people complain about. Though whenever they do, people lambast them for whatever it is, because they want it to be something different. It's pretty much a no win situation. I think if they had started out like that though, that would not really happen. At this point I just don't think anytjung they say or do would garner much postive thoughts, unless it was done in a massive scale.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I actually saw an explanation of how skill points relate to attack and defense. It was somewhere on here but would have no clue where to look. I will try to explain it as I remember it but may be a little off with info as it has been awhile. As we've always been told there is a random modifier. That random modifier can be + or - which was news to me. Likewise your opponent also has a random modifier for their defense, and again that modifier could be + or -. The number of skill points each player has allocated for their attack or defense will affect how it will affect their stats for that attack. As an example your modifier is -, and your opponent gets a + modifier. If you have a lot of skill points invested in attack the negative modifier will have a greater effect on lowering your stats for that particular attack. If your opponent has a lot of points on defense, this can boost their defense enough to win that particular attack. This can explain why you lose to an opponent with lower defense. These modifers and skill points aren't reflected in the results screen making it very difficult to understand why you lose to someone with so much lower defense.. As I said I might be a little off on some details but this is more or less how skill points are supposed to work.Hope this makes some sense and helps a bit.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    attack & def skill points do, in fact, have an impact. That impact, however, is so small that it is negligible. This could change in the future, but as of now, these skills are insignificant.

Advanced Combat Experts - ACE
    Top 3 - Win all of the things. Now Recruiting! PM for info

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I tend to leave this up for the community to answer but I'll see if I can snag a few updates on these.
    This attitude is the main problem we all have with GREE!

How do you expect anyone here in the community to have any answers when GREE does not even share anything with us in the first place!

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Sirius...still being patient on some official feedback.
    I feel sorry for those who post and complain, seriously guys you are wasting your time.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Any updates since last week? Help a brother out.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Sure, according to the records,you're another week older. Congrats.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    No worries! I'll see what I can find out in greater detail though it might not be today due to it's most folks time to head home^^
    Is there any wonder why the game and forum are in a complete state of chaos? Simple questions were asked, players waiting patiently for answers, and we all get ignored once again. You cannot possibly be that busy that you can't take 10 minutes out of the weeks this was presented to you and give us some answers. This is why your revenue has all but dried up compared to what it was. It is quite unfortunate but most deserving.

With the outcome of this thread, asking simple questions and receiving nothing in return but another "I'll get back to you" that has now been ample time to answer, I will continue to take my cash and spend it on a more deserving game developer. One that has shown in the past and present that they are more than willing to attend to their customer base in a more respectful manner.
    Last edited by Ajk; 08-17-2015 at 05:45 PM.
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Still patiently waiting. ��

Any update on when some response will be available?

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Robespierre View Post
    Still patiently waiting. ��

Any update on when some response will be available?
    I know it's not the official response you desire, but Greasy pretty much gave the correct answer way back in the 6th post of this thread.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J-manKometh96 View Post
    I know it's not the official response you desire, but Greasy pretty much gave the correct answer way back in the 6th post of this thread.
    Thanks for the help. I guess I had delusions that we would get helpful responses when help was offered.

So if there is an analogy for all of the non-working features in the game, it would be like having a used custom car where the sunroof, stereo, windows, and air conditioner are broken, but the car still sputters along?

Verbose Veteran
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Yes, but on 3 of the 8 cylinders.
    If you have a gambling problem (ie. spend money on GREE games), call 1 - 800 - GAMBLER