Question about Hero Strength

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about Hero Strength

Consistent Contributor Namine33's Avatar
    Post Count

Question about Hero Strength

I am starting to question the purpose of Hero Strength. Currently, I am lvl 143 with 171 HS, however, since as long as I can remember, I have not been able to top 262 dmg per mob. I know for a fact I have fluctuated between 197-262 (mostly in the 202-215 range) for the last 20 levels. I have brought this up with some guildies, who, has a lower HS, but they are topping 320. Is there something I am missing when it comes to attacking mobs?
    I am getting annoyed that any mob over 225 hp, I can rarely 1-shot.
    (FYI, I am sitting at 2.8att/3.4def).

Thanks
    Namine -
    821-146-375
    Rogue: 190k attack at lvl 112 w/173allies
    (update) 2.8M/3.4M at lvl 143 w/500allies

Banned
    Post Count
    What weapon and armor does your character have? This is a very big part of it.

Post Count
    Lately hero weapon and armour plays a role on damage that you give to monsters.
    I think depends on monster dificulty its based your hit,example if i hit a monster that is easier to kill my damage to monster is 120 lets say,if i hit monster that i can't kil with one hit my damage is in range 280 -320 lets say...
    So the best investment for skills are those invested on Hero..
    But don't forget weapon play a big role too
    [FK] TITAN

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Well, with 170HS (same as you, Namine) and both w/a top possible till now (Da'ran's) I observe much wider spread. 270-370. Luckily 3/4 of hits are 300+... It's quite random but I second DragCro in what he said ^^

Post Count
    Currently, my weapon is Forceful Bow (89/79) and Da'ran Guardian (74/370).
    Namine -
    821-146-375

Banned
    Post Count
    Your weapon is your problem... My weapon has 141 attack.

Post Count
    My last weapon was the Cupid's Bow.
    What I dont understand is that 20-30 levels ago, I was still hitting for this damage. So does this mean that my Hero Strength has no bearing at all?
    Namine -
    821-146-375

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    well im at 161 HS, with 141 weapon str and 70 str from best armor... but i range from 290-360 for my hits, i dont see a problem unless you get screwed by rng alot

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I asked the same question a couple of months ago - consensus was that my weapons needed to be upgraded - so always finished all the ltq's since, in addition put each skill point earned into hero strength. It was recommended not to use the map to get weapons as they are no comparison to the ltq's.

I saw a huge improvement

Still have a wimpy avatar but I see the 300's more often than not now - I am a little more than 10 lvls below you

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I remember someone posted that your average attack should be something like 1.5 x Weapon attack + 0.5 x Hero strength + some other modifiers. If you increase 20 levels and put everything in hero strength you increase your average attack by 15. Not a hugh increase anymore. With the increased weapon attack hero strength gets less useful.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gweo View Post
    I remember someone posted that your average attack should be something like 1.5 x Weapon attack + 0.5 x Hero strength + some other modifiers. If you increase 20 levels and put everything in hero strength you increase your average attack by 15. Not a hugh increase anymore. With the increased weapon attack hero strength gets less useful.
    What is sad though, is I can no longer 2-hit mobs in Cracks of Doom... ever since I lost Cupid's Bow as my top weapon, I have been hitting lower. I missed the LTQs that had all those 100+ weapons, but I swear, I seem weaker after my deployment now than I did before.
    Namine -
    821-146-375

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Namine33 View Post
    My last weapon was the Cupid's Bow.
    What I dont understand is that 20-30 levels ago, I was still hitting for this damage. So does this mean that my Hero Strength has no bearing at all?
    Higher level mobs and usually LTQ mobs all have higher defense - effectively reducing your HS or weapon back down to crap.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    I do wonder if the mobs have been made tougher behind the scenes, and also if some other factors have been put in place without telling players.

In theory my personal attack strength should be 212 HS + 141 weapon + 74 armour (and 139 army attack if that has any bearing at all), so 427 all in. I've never yet hit the 400 mark though. Somewhere around 389 is my peak I think.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    A number of players (I am one of them) has reported that the attack value of their armor is no longer adding towards the damage total. That might have happened to you as well:
    171 + 89 is max 260, which fits your experience.
    Max should be (of course) 171 + 89 + 74 = 334. Go tell Gree.
    KA: erwin _____ 403-143-939 ______ no requests needed _____ free player _____ FKG member

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    For my part I always could verify with my players that HS + BW + BA gives the best hitting points. 85% of this gives the average hitting points (without counting last killing hit of course). And 70% gives the worst hit strength. Taking data on sixty full hits.
    I had only one situation where this "formula" didn't work, for one LLP with an HS greater than his level (level 70, HS 91). And I remembered that some discussions about HS stated that perhaps the hitting strength could be caped ... So I stopped putting skill points on HS (keeping them when I leveled up) and slowly my LLP could verify this rule again (now HS = his level) and I spend other points on other skills.
    As you can gain 1.5 HS per level on average it's perhaps a mechanic to force players to spend skill points on other skills.