New tiers!! - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New tiers!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    So to sum things up, Gree upset all the droid users with the scrolling issue. Then they screwed up a bunch of top 500 teams with a matchup issue. Then they upset everyone by extending battle 6 hours. Then they upset everyone even more by moving it back. Then they upset everyone MORE by extending the tiers at the last minute.

The only way Gree can top this is to take all of the prizes away from this battle, but keep all the gold we paid.
    Sssshhhhhh. Gosh Monte, please don't give GREE any ideas!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I personally like Montecore's idea of extending the 1st prize reward to all teams as a way to make up for the colossal screwups and even worse solutions that occurred this war. What was the 'I'm sorry' reward for the last colossal mistake.....some little chump change item with like 300 att/def stats right?

GREE that type of item won't cut it at all You should really make things right and give the 1st place modifier to everyone!!!!!

Of course FC would whine about that, so give them the original 1st place prize as a consolation...that way everything is fair for everyone.

Post Count
    Gree should give me the charged six pack. Beer makes everything okay.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    I personally like Montecore's idea of extending the 1st prize reward to all teams as a way to make up for the colossal screwups and even worse solutions that occurred this war. What was the 'I'm sorry' reward for the last colossal mistake.....some little chump change item with like 300 att/def stats right?

GREE that type of item won't cut it at all You should really make things right and give the 1st place modifier to everyone!!!!!

Of course FC would whine about that, so give them the original 1st place prize as a consolation...that way everything is fair for everyone.
    I think if you were to go this route (which I don't necessarily agree with) the correct thing to do for a move like this is to move every team up one prize tier (Top 25 gets Top 10 prizes, Top 10 gets Top 3, etc), and give FC something else I guess. Instead of the way it is, where a few teams benefit greatly from the shifted tiers (e.g. 12th place finished with 16,293,274 IP, while the mark for Top 10 was 16,286,349 IP when there were 19 hours still to play-- GREE allowed 18 hours and 58 more minutes of the Top 10 battle-- which ended up over 23 million IP-- and shifted the tiers with 2 minutes to go), whereas the teams that had legitimately earned their spots get the shaft. It's about the scummiest move I can think of GREE pulling.

Post Count
    Towards the end of the war my syndicate floated around 29 and 30 and were still about 1.5 mill ip away from 25 so we stopped spending gold. We were all shocked to have received the "Top 25" prize when the event was over (placed 30th!)

Although we benefited from this it still is not right! BAD move on Gree's part. They thought this was a good idea to make people happy by giving more people better prizes but they did not account for STRATEGY IN SPENDING REAL MONEY! It is not fair for those who were holding on to or right behind those benchmarks to make a push WITH GOLD to hold or take over that spot.

So what's the solution? If everyone gets a prize then no one benefits because WE ALL HAVE IT! In my opinion, giving out gold is the only solution. That way it is up to us to spend it wisely whether it is for ourselves (like buying henchmen) or on our syndicate. However, if they distribute gold then those who don't spend or are light spenders will benefit a lot more than the big spenders. 200 gold won't satisfy those who fought for the top 100 and better positions.

One thing is for sure: Gree did not make a good decision!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Does anyone get the feeling that the people making the decision around Gree don't know how the game is played? Every time they roll out a solution, they seem to make it worse. I wish I could get away with that in my job. The only job where you could be wrong more would be a weatherman.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    this is not just a not good decision, this is a total **** up. mayweather fight just this weekend - round 10, 1 minute to go " btw, we go 13 rounds now". middle of round 11 "btw, this is the last round" this is a joke, damn it.

I bet the have a nice round table, having cookies and coffee, or better champagne, right now and laughing their asses of how they screwed us.
    Proud owner of the Financial District Fallout Consecutive Win (56) prize - The Adventa!!!

Blau und Weiss ein Leben lang. FC Schalke 04

offline04

Ellis Island -------------> 122
    West Side Standoff ----> 5
    Boardwalk --------------> 2 _________________ Arch Enemies ----->1(121)
    Graveyard --------------> 2
    Financial District -------> 2, but beat FC twice...
    Nightlife District WD ---> 2
    Seaside Shoot-out -----> 61

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KemoKidd View Post
    Towards the end of the war my syndicate floated around 29 and 30 and were still about 1.5 mill ip away from 25 so we stopped spending gold. We were all shocked to have received the "Top 25" prize when the event was over (placed 30th!)

Although we benefited from this it still is not right! BAD move on Gree's part. They thought this was a good idea to make people happy by giving more people better prizes but they did not account for STRATEGY IN SPENDING REAL MONEY! It is not fair for those who were holding on to or right behind those benchmarks to make a push WITH GOLD to hold or take over that spot.

So what's the solution? If everyone gets a prize then no one benefits because WE ALL HAVE IT! In my opinion, giving out gold is the only solution. That way it is up to us to spend it wisely whether it is for ourselves (like buying henchmen) or on our syndicate. However, if they distribute gold then those who don't spend or are light spenders will benefit a lot more than the big spenders. 200 gold won't satisfy those who fought for the top 100 and better positions.

One thing is for sure: Gree did not make a good decision!
    Giving everyone free gold isn't the solution either, IMO. The only way free gold would be a solution is if they only gave it to the right people/syndicates. The ones who pushed really hard to achieve the next tier and achieved it are the only ones who deserve free gold.

The best solution, in my opinion, would be to award additional prizes to the syndicates who achieved the original tiers.

Banned
    Post Count
    So....

You have server issue during an event... BAD!!
    You acknowledge you have an issue.. GREAT!!
    You fix the issue... GREAT!!!

You extend the battle time 6 hours.. FAIL!!!
    You decide to listen to the people and end the battle on time.. FAIL!!!
    Then without notice you widen the tiers?? EPIC FAIL

Are you F**K**G kidding me? Seriously?? I have never posted negativity on this board. Finally you have ticked me off.. GFY Gree..
    That was the worst thing you could possibly do.. We had a strategy down that screwed us out of 100th place.. This truly is the WORST move you could have made.. I can understand why so many people are PI**ED off...

THANK YO FOR SCREWING US OUT OF 100th PLACE GREE
    GFY!!!!

Post Count
    We spent a lot of gold to secure the top 25 when it didnt matter nor did we need to spend in the last hour... Completely unacceptable Gree. This must be fixed immediately.
    Sol Invictus - top 25

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    the best thing gree could have done was admitted to the mistake, hired some programmers who can get projects done on the schedules gree sets instead of pushing out a POS product, and not trying to f with things to make up for their mistakes. giving out gold, changing tiers, and changing show down lengths only ruins the experience. if they had just fixed the problems and not tried the extended showdown/tier changes, we would all be sitting here complaining about crappy gree programming instead of seriously wondering wtf is going on with that company.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    no other reaction than banning people?
    Proud owner of the Financial District Fallout Consecutive Win (56) prize - The Adventa!!!

Blau und Weiss ein Leben lang. FC Schalke 04

offline04

Ellis Island -------------> 122
    West Side Standoff ----> 5
    Boardwalk --------------> 2 _________________ Arch Enemies ----->1(121)
    Graveyard --------------> 2
    Financial District -------> 2, but beat FC twice...
    Nightlife District WD ---> 2
    Seaside Shoot-out -----> 61

Prominent Poet
    (noun) lo•ca•tion [loh-key-shuh n] a place of settlement, activity or residence.
    Post Count
    same here, we were at rank 130, then we went crazy to get that top 100 prize. then the tiers change.
    Proud Leader of CCKkillers
    Join room [cck recruiting] on palringo, and we can talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach139 View Post
    @ CCKalDAY: Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    thanks CCKallday
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Larry View Post
    I wish I could punch this thread in the face

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokes View Post
    Does anyone get the feeling that the people making the decision around Gree don't know how the game is played? Every time they roll out a solution, they seem to make it worse. I wish I could get away with that in my job. The only job where you could be wrong more would be a weatherman.
    Gree should actually pay 11 people from the forum gold to serve on an impartial jury. From all tiers.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by montecore View Post
    Gree should actually pay 11 people from the forum gold to serve on an impartial jury. From all tiers.
    An advisement panel made up of actual players. Great idea!