Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladineguru View Post
    Why should you be permitted the tactic of scouting , without the counter of camo digital style for the opposition.
    Sounds like your just butthurt.
    Butthurt because he ended first, makes sense.
    IGN: SiRR Dot
    Guild: The Rainbow Room
    All Hail The King Cloud!

Join the Rainbow Coalition: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ild-of-Legends

Questions?
    Line id: sir.dot
    Line name: Sir.

I like the idea,
    but doesnt seem plausible to me that Gree will make the effort of determining who has the same name and then force all but the first one with that name to change it.

I quite like the idea, or perhaps there's 2 parts to your name: "Guild Tag" + "IGN"

so the IGN is locked, and the guild tag changes specifically depending on what your leader want the tag to be
    Knights&Dragons (Android)
    Bumpain
    Lv100+
    Guild: The Legends
    Armors: A weird looking helm, some armour that gives protection, a shiny sword, a not so shiny shield

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpain View Post
    I quite like the idea, or perhaps there's 2 parts to your name: "Guild Tag" + "IGN"

so the IGN is locked, and the guild tag changes specifically depending on what your leader want the tag to be
    I was just going to suggest that
    add me on crime city 287 815 212
    and join warriors of scotland Invite code 675 245 449
    no level requirement

At the end of the day, it isn't that necessary, leave as is

Meh, I just target the GM, GS and GC anyway, regardless of name.

I think the first guild war has proven that changing names doesn't do a thing against a half-decent guild.

Well, its also fun to know what "nameless" person you're actually beating up on. I know that many non-RR "friends" magically disappeared off of my (and many other guild members') friends lists, so its not like we can even battle them off my friends list. Takes the fun out of it when there are 20 of the same name. Its not always about hiding and concealing stuff from the enemies. Some people just want to brag they beat the snot out of someone. Man, I sure did beat the snot out of Joe, but that other Joe, he was impossible to beat.

So, if say, we got paired against a rival guild and I wanted to be able to say "you know what, I whooped your butt the other day Joe, Jim, and Johnny... " Wouldn't you like that better than "Gee, I defeated every GM/HC/GC/GS version of Joe from the Schmoe Guild in that last battle. Whoopty. Which of you was actually the real Joe?"

Actually knowing which opponent you're facing is a little more fun than just "2nd down in the black area past 'Dippy' is the GM. Target them." But yeah, against a half-decent guild, you aren't going to have any problems, but it takes away some of the personal targets.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    Well, its also fun to know what "nameless" person you're actually beating up on. I know that many non-RR "friends" magically disappeared off of my (and many other guild members') friends lists, so its not like we can even battle them off my friends list. Takes the fun out of it when there are 20 of the same name. Its not always about hiding and concealing stuff from the enemies. Some people just want to brag they beat the snot out of someone. Man, I sure did beat the snot out of Joe, but that other Joe, he was impossible to beat.

So, if say, we got paired against a rival guild and I wanted to be able to say "you know what, I whooped your butt the other day Joe, Jim, and Johnny... " Wouldn't you like that better than "Gee, I defeated every GM/HC/GC/GS version of Joe from the Schmoe Guild in that last battle. Whoopty. Which of you was actually the real Joe?"

Actually knowing which opponent you're facing is a little more fun than just "2nd down in the black area past 'Dippy' is the GM. Target them." But yeah, against a half-decent guild, you aren't going to have any problems, but it takes away some of the personal targets.
    As long as the war list shows the rank of any member it doesn't really work to have the same name. Only thing it does is to create some sort of nuisance - on a side note Gree needs to fix the war list so when we scroll down there would not be blacked out members. So annoying.

I'm proud of my nick and no way would I agree to have same names in RR - like what buster said, takes the fun out of knowing who you are fighting. Ofc as sentinel even if I have a generic name people would know who I am since I'm always first on the list haha. And if u beat me or any so called good players, good for u. No one is invincible in this rock paper scissors game. Just need proper scouting and right elements setup and u r good to go.

Do I want a name lock? Sure since it annoys me to see Thatzmes running around, but to pay gems to change, well I do not think it's feasible, and besides multiple people with same name, who would win the claim to be the original one. Would be one hell of a nightmare for Gree to implement that.
    IGN: Thatzme
    Guild: The Rainbow Room - Last Hurrah

Exactly, even before guild war I saw over fifty gandalfs, who's to say their game should be impinged on. Especially an RPG guild thY doesn't care about PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Paladineguru View Post
    Exactly, even before guild war I saw over fifty gandalfs, who's to say their game should be impinged on. Especially an RPG guild thY doesn't care about PvP
    But in many other games, names are original and can't be changed. Not saying this is the end all be all, but... its annoying to have a bunch of copied names going around.

I used to go by Buster, but joined a friends server in WoW, and guess what was taken? Buster... so I had to come up with something new (add the Oaf) Do most people still call me Buster? Sure, but there's some d!ck somewhere out there with an un-leveled toon that I could be using. But, I can't.

Also, if you are interested in RP, then guess what, you can't have 50 Gandalfs anyway. A little originality is key. Gandalf, Gandolf, Gandolph, Gandulf, Gandolff... Hey, guess what, it all sounds the same but at least you're different.

Same as the forums. You want someone copying your name and your signature and posting things on behalf of you? Oh wait, that wasn't you? How would I know if you're all the same name? Why does the forum make us chose different names and not the game?

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

It avoids drama :-)