Why are the wars 1 hour long than all the action happens in the first and last 5mins?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Why are the wars 1 hour long than all the action happens in the first and last 5mins?

Post Count

Question Why are the wars 1 hour long than all the action happens in the first and last 5mins?

I have notices that all our wars so far all have been going the same way.

The first 2 minutes are used to take down the wall (if the enemies have one) and beating the Guardian.
    After that we have 2 to 3 minutes where everybody use the energy they have left.
    Now there is 45 to 50 minutes where nothing is happening.
    Everybody is coming back and fighting in the last 5 minutes, it is here that all the Gems are used.
    All the enemies we have been facing in this event so far have been using the exact same tactic.

So why are the wars a whole hour long than all the action are happening in the first and last 5 minutes of the wars?

I think the wars would be more exciting and intense (and GREE would make more money on sold Gems) if the wars only was 10 to 15 minutes long (and the regen time was adjusted accordingly)
    We would make around the same points per war because most of the actions are already happening in the same 10 minutes of every war anyway.

Why not remove the boring 45 to 50 minutes where everybody is just waiting for energy regen?

We would have time to fight a lot more wars so GREE could make more money on Gems.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by FisK View Post
    I have notices that all our wars so far all have been going the same way.

The first 2 minutes are used to take down the wall (if the enemies have one) and beating the Guardian.
    After that we have 2 to 3 minutes where everybody use the energy they have left.
    Now there is 45 to 50 minutes where nothing is happening.
    Everybody is coming back and fighting in the last 5 minutes, it is here that all the Gems are used.
    All the enemies we have been facing in this event so far have been using the exact same tactic.

So why are the wars a whole hour long than all the action are happening in the first and last 5 minutes of the wars?

I think the wars would be more exciting and intense (and GREE would make more money on sold Gems) if the wars only was 10 to 15 minutes long (and the regen time was adjusted accordingly)
    We would make around the same points per war because most of the actions are already happening in the same 10 minutes of every war anyway.

Why not remove the boring 45 to 50 minutes where everybody is just waiting for energy regen?

We would have time to fight a lot more wars so GREE could make more money on Gems.
    its tactics

short wars would make it ALOT more time consuming than it already is

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    its tactics
    short wars would make it ALOT more time consuming than it already is
    Yes that is correct, but the wars would be more fun (and GREE could sell more Gems)

Lurker
    Post Count
    Fun? No...irritating, yes.

We have had very few teams use the same tactic....but them again we have our own style. We did after all get the Daleth unit last war, and are hoping to achieve that again this go round

Hour wars keep you guessing...it's stressful, it's strategy, and hoping you can read the other teams tactics before you blow it. 15 min wars would be a free for all, no strategy..whomever has the deepest pockets wins.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstire69 View Post
    Fun? No...irritating, yes.

We have had very few teams use the same tactic....but them again we have our own style. We did after all get the Daleth unit last war, and are hoping to achieve that again this go round

Hour wars keep you guessing...it's stressful, it's strategy, and hoping you can read the other teams tactics before you blow it. 15 min wars would be a free for all, no strategy..whomever has the deepest pockets wins.
    that, and the way our free players play it would mean 0 sleep for the war. (some of our free players set hourly alarms to do 4 hits every hour)

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    that, and the way our free players play it would mean 0 sleep for the war. (some of our free players set hourly alarms to do 4 hits every hour)
    Same here, I agree 100%

Prominent Poet
    “An unexamined life is not worth living.”- Socrates
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I only play from noon to about 9 at night and scored over 15k CP so far. But then again, I'm level 50 and I get about 400 points a hit.
    Carnage Evolution 💪🏻

Lurker
    Post Count
    It has gone from a deep pocket game to a strategy game. I for one like it.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [ARH] ELF View Post
    It has gone from a deep pocket game to a strategy game. I for one like it.
    Totally agree - it had got the the stage that the team with the biggest budget could buy the victory.

And to a point they still can and Fun will testify too.

but for those outside the top 10 it adds some stratergy back into the game.

its a nice touch. and i for one am enjoying it massivly -

sory gotta go - fighting spectral agony!!!
    **Former** Founding member of Band Of Barbarians (till we get KA on andriod)

** TriggerHappy Terry - Special Operations Brigade**

Wanna be an S.O.B - we have 3 crews with different minimums for all levels of play

SOB 1. Top 50
    SOB 2. Top 150
    SOB 3. Top 400

Wanna come and play then PM for details - We use Line for communication

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    People need time to buy units,upgrade,build,etc.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post
    thats what you can do in the 50 mins between the start and end of war??
    **Former** Founding member of Band Of Barbarians (till we get KA on andriod)

** TriggerHappy Terry - Special Operations Brigade**

Wanna be an S.O.B - we have 3 crews with different minimums for all levels of play

SOB 1. Top 50
    SOB 2. Top 150
    SOB 3. Top 400

Wanna come and play then PM for details - We use Line for communication

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Well, get in a war that scores 1m CP per side. Action for the whole hour.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post
    People still buy units?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    There are a few tactics really; you don't have to play the knock the walls/guard pause wait deal. unless of course your willing to let the opponent call the shots. that's what your doing when you pause and wait right?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post
    People still buy units?
    Other than buying honor units i struggle with those that debate "best unit to buy" - becuase thats easy; dont buy any units for gold unless you are starting a new profile and absolutely have to until a quest starts.
    or you are lvl 200 and XP doesnt mean crap and you are just plowing through maps to get the skill point and occasionally have to buy units to kill some odd MOB