Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last

Story Armors/Epic Armors Gap

You are all making an interesting point about the gap but I think you are exaggerating it a little bit. The problem is, we just had the dragon event and those bosses were harder than this weeks boss or the bosses before the dragons.

That said, until the past two weeks, all I had was the big four maxed. I didn't have any of the 3* story armors. Despite that, I was able to get notus+ and phyrus+ using only my big four. (I couldn't get boreas+ or eurus+ because my big four weren't even maxed at that point!) To do this, I had to spend 22 gems to summon notus two times because I couldn't beat the level 42 boss. For phyrus, I used 20 gems on E early on so that I would have more time later to use my friends.

I also know people who got all the boss+ armors using the storyline armors. (The bigger four). If you find that storyline armors aren't getting you to level 43 on the boss, you either have weak friends, or don't know how to effectively maximize your energy usage. Now that bosses have dropped back down to Deva stats, the big four should actually be more than enough to beat the bosses to level 43, assuming you have at least 10 level 100+ friends with legendary armors. Many people probably would disagree with me, but I am speaking from experience. I DID unlock 2 legendary+ armors using only the big four. So it is possible, the gap is not too large yet. And it is definitely not too large for people with Swamp, Roc, Infernal, and DP. It should be effortless if you have those four maxed.

Quote Originally Posted by UN Kec View Post
    I DID unlock 2 legendary+ armors using only the big four.
    and 42 gems...

Thumbs up add me for boss

add me for boss :P lv 624

WBB GYZ ZYB

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    and 42 gems...
    42 gems isn't a lot. I get between 5 and 20 every day from video offers. But my point was to show that if the big four can do it with the help of 42 gems, the storyline armors can do it without gems. If you look on the last page, people were saying you have to use gems even with the story armors. I just wanted to correct them and encourage them to keep trying. The gap is still small enough. Max the big four then max the bigger four and you will beat the epic bosses 43 times easily.

42 gems isn't a lot. I get between 5 and 20 every day from video offers. But my point was to show that if the big four can do it with the help of 42 gems, the storyline armors can do it without gems. If you look on the last page, people were saying you have to use gems even with the story armors. I just wanted to correct them and encourage them to keep trying. The gap is still small enough. Max the big four then max the bigger four and you will beat the epic bosses 43 times easily.
    I'm on Android and we don't have guilds or guild bonuses, so maybe that's what's different here. I have Legendary+ armor and even when matching up elements, beating level 43 can be a challenge. By the time level 43 rolls around, the bosses hit like trucks and having a good set of friends certainly helps, but I have never beaten a level 43 boss in just 1 round (i.e. 5 knights). I've always needed the help of the additional 2 knights to beat level 43 (i.e. it's never easy and it's always close).

In most cases, if I beat level 43 without gems, it's because I barely squeaked by... it's certainly not easy and I can't imagine doing it with story level armor and no gems.

Also to be clear, you beat Phyrus on level 43 with only the Big 4 and 3 friends (no gems, except to speed up the beginning of the event)? I'm assuming you used a 5+2 strategy (i.e. 3 + 2 friends and 1 + 1 friend)? Knowing my experience on Android, I just can't imagine how that's even possible.

Having decent guild bonuses and a great set list of friends last week for Phyrus, I can't imagine how beating Phyrus on 43 is possible at all in just storyline without gems. It most certainly isn't with maxed swamp shaman+ and maxed HH+ with 4 friends all wearing maxed Jackalope+ at 1600/1600. Without gems and wearing those armors he still had 3k left. I tried twice. 4/3 strategy each time, same results.

Quote Originally Posted by dd_knights View Post
    Also to be clear, you beat Phyrus on level 43 with only the Big 4 and 3 friends (no gems, except to speed up the beginning of the event)? I'm assuming you used a 5+2 strategy (i.e. 3 + 2 friends and 1 + 1 friend)? Knowing my experience on Android, I just can't imagine how that's even possible.
    If you are using the 5 knights followed by two strategy you will never win. The best strategy is:

Fight 1: main, friend, friend
    Fight 2: one of your backup knights, main, friend, friend

It is important that you use 4 friends the second time and that the first knight is not your main because in the second fight, the boss ALWAYS opens with two crits. Let your crappy knight absorb these two shots.

The reason 3/4 is better than 5/2 is because if you actually do the math, 100% bonus followed by a 25% bonus actually does less damage than a 50% bonus followed by a 75% bonus.

I also have a 12% guild bonus on each of my knights so I do have that going for me.
    As for the last post about losing to phyrus twice, you must have had bad luck(e.g. Lots of misses)....also you said you were running 4/3. 4/3 does not work as well as 3/4! 4/3 means that in the second fight, your main knight will die in two or three hits. Assuming your main is stronger than your backup knight (which it is), you want your crappy knight to die in two hits not your main! This will let your main get in two additional hits......which is about 3000 damage. Therein lies your problem dude

I must be one of the few that actually likes the look of the armor and the boss for that matter and this armor is really solid because i have no good earth+water.
    Knights Name: JashGanz
    Knights Level: 80+
    Please PM me on here if you want to add me I get a ton of friend requests, ill make sure to add you if i receive a pm.

As for the last post about losing to phyrus twice, you must have had bad luck(e.g. Lots of misses)....also you said you were running 4/3. 4/3 does not work as well as 3/4! 4/3 means that in the second fight, your main knight will die in two or three hits. Assuming your main is stronger than your backup knight (which it is), you want your crappy knight to die in two hits not your main! This will let your main get in two additional hits......which is about 3000 damage. Therein lies your problem dude
    I still don't believe the math of it. However, the 12% bonus does change it up quite a bit from mine. (5% on each element). But I never thought about 3/4 instead of 4/3. Makes sense. Thanks for the headsup! I won't be trying to get 43 too vehemently this week, but I will definitely be testing it if I get to that point, and will be using it next week with the new boss.

If you are using the 5 knights followed by two strategy you will never win. The best strategy is:

That does burn up 4 of your 10 available friends for the day though, so you'll only get in two levels per day. Fine if you're close to 43 with plenty of time on the clock.

I like the 3/4 logic. I still wonder if, with strong armors for both your backup knights, you can get away with 5/2. IO've always used 5/2, with success. Usually the boss has very little damage left to go, and using the knowledge fro the first round (and BethMo's Formula) you can judge how many hits it will take, and who to use from your friends. Of course multiple misses, and those double specials to open from the Boss, can change everything.

42 is still a lot of gems in my book, though I am starting to get better luck with the video offers, 6 gems so far today. Gree would charge you over $5 for those gems, and as you see the handouts for both Arena and Epic Boss are very shy with gems. If you still have training fields to upgrade that's a better investment. Once you have that, then beating the boss is probably the next best thing, since the chests are so uneconomical.

I'm not really interested in this boss but I'm fighting him anyway, and judging from my leaderboard position many others are taking a week off.

It is important that you use 4 friends the second time and that the first knight is not your main because in the second fight, the boss ALWAYS opens with two crits. Let your crappy knight absorb these two shots.

The reason 3/4 is better than 5/2 is because if you actually do the math, 100% bonus followed by a 25% bonus actually does less damage than a 50% bonus followed by a 75% bonus.

I also have a 12% guild bonus on each of my knights so I do have that going for me.
    I see what you're saying about 4/3 vs 3/4. This make sense, but 3000 damage? I'm not so sure.

Also, your math for the 4/3 strategy vs 5/2 strategy is flawed. In fact, it might actually be better to go 2/5 now that I think about it. Going 2/5 allows you to throw in a backup knight to take the 2 crits on the second round, yet still allow you to run the 5/2 strategy.

Anyhow, going back to the math, the math is flawed, because 5/2 is actually superior in terms of output damage, but 4/3 in reality may be better because friends are better than backup knights. In the 4/3 strategy, you can use 4 friends instead of 3. I personally never use 4/3 and haven't tested it out, because I only like to use 2 friends per attempt. On Android, if I start using 4 friends per attempt, it puts me at a massive leaderboard disadvantage, which means I won't get my free armor. Ultimately, I want each of my friends to output maximum damage to compete on the leaderboard... in order to do this, a 5/2 strategy is important.

Anyhow, there's some good input coming out of this... the 12% guild bonus is something I wish we had for Android!

Also, to illustrate the damage output, let's assume every knight is doing 100 damage.

100 + 100
    100 + 100
    100 + 100
    100 + 100
    100 + 100
    100 + 25
    100 + 25
    Total: 1250 for 5/2

100 + 50
    100 + 50
    100 + 50
    100 + 75
    100 + 75
    100 + 75
    100 + 75
    Total: 1150 for 4/3

The 5/2 strategy is 8.7% stronger overall, if we use the exact same knights. In reality, if you're employing the 4/3 strategy, you'll likely be using a friend who may be able to compensate for the 8.7% difference.
    Last edited by dd_knights; 08-01-2013 at 02:58 PM. Reason: typo

Love it!

My favourite boss so far! Especially the special attack where he spews slime. I already have Jack+ but I'm pushing for the + version of this just because I know that my seven year old is going to go nuts when he can equip it on the earth night that's named after him.

you guys make it sound like this leap from storyline to epic + is so impossible now. I had big 4 and infernal and swamp maxed didnt even get prince yet at around lvl 85 and i was able to beat the lvl 43 of the deva to get my first epic +. its really not that hard if you plan out your ee. GEMS IS NOT NECCESSARY

and that is why we keep privileged information for the privileged, away from the unbelievers

KayOrzz
    aka
    Shikamaru

I'm your source of self-destruction
    Leading on your death's construction
    Come crawling faster
    Your life burns faster

Friend add code : XBB-ZYN-FMC
    LINE id : darthcow

"You're GREEtarded"
    "There is no cure for Stupidity"
    "Bad luck? Sucks to be you"
    "The white milk is stale, come join me and savour the sweetness of chocolate milk"
    "More pew pew, less QQ"

I like the way this one looks, it's cray.
    I'm a level 87 with the big 4 and swamp shaman + (lvl 50). I have 34 gems, any idea what I should spend them on? Almost used them on the dpc but I rarely get gem offers and I know the odds are bad. Any chance I could break lvl 43 on the epic boss or is 34 just not enough gems? I only got to 25 on phyrus without spending gems if that helps as a reference point