Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by gexstar View Post
    I guess you meant what Water/Spirit combo has better stats than Eurus+ and that would be Blackfrost+.

Im not saying the armors are bad, they are pretty good, just not the best. But my main concern is the 4 weeks of constant play as mentioned before. I want to decide when i play and still be able to keep up with the best.
    Thats not possible with events like this. Some may like it, i dont. Just a personal opinion.
    I agree with the 4 weeks of constant play being a pain. I'm just jogging along, getting the materials and keeping levelling the armors, but I suspect I won't be in time to get the BK+ at the end.

From my friends list it looks like a lot of high-level players have dropped the game. They haven't changed their Epic Boss armors in weeks. Whether that was prompted by the increase in Epic Boss difficulty coupled with the 3 day Legendary crafting time, or by this 'play constantly for a month' event I can't say, but Gree appear to have lost a lot of support for this game with their recent tactics. Maybe these players have just stopped fighting bosses to funnel their game funds into their Guilds for a while.

Regarding Blackfrost+, that's a DPC-only armor I believe, and very rare, so I guess it's only right that it's not quite matched by the Epic Boss armors. I'm probably never going to open a DPC unless I start getting free keys (or free gems, the offers always crash my game), so these armors are the current best I can hope to obtain.

I hope the boss stats come back before Deva
    I'm level 100+ and to make a quest like ancient dragon i have to play all day if someone want to play it's impossible if he work or study cos he don't have much time to dedicate to the game
    And i think gree lose more player if he continue in this direction
    Now i don't work and i don't study for that reason i have enought time to spend around the game
    In-game Name: Cool italia
    In-game friend code : XBC DWR ZGN
    Guild Name: Alpha Centauri
    Guild Level: 47
    Maxed armor: 2x AA+, 3x HH+, 2x Crius+, 3x LF+, 1x Flowstone, 1x Riverstone, 1x Black kaleidoscopic starmetal+, Notus+, Phyrus+, Maelstorm+, Tectonic+, Moontide+, Aegis Majesty+.
    Maxing now: Boreas+, Blazeborn+.
    Plan to get and max: Beastmaster+.
    City: 1DungeonLv2, 4ArmorsmithLv3, 8TrainingLv2, 3TrainingLv3
    Working on: Epic boss, guild levelling, maxing 1 epic+.

Yep, both of the last posts get pretty much to the point.
    I really liked the game, but 2 weeks of super nerd playing kinda took all the fun away. I could get the BK+ easily if i kept playing like that, but its no fun anymore and i think i will pass on it. Or maybe stop playing all along for a while.
    This event was like an overdose of KnD and that usually takes the fun out of everything.
    Android~~Level 87+~~Several Legendarys maxed(Aegis, Combustion, Clayplate and more).
    Send me a pm with your code if you want/need help.

I'd really want it to be a weak boss as well, these past few weeks have been extremely hectic and I'd really like to get back to Story, leveling up, and getting Shaman and Infernal.

In regards to the event, it's the only reason I'm playing right now. When I hit 100 I quit caring. I realized too late I was strong enough for pre-Deva 60 and could have been farming DPC keys earlier (got like 3 weeks before Deva). When Deva hit I was way too weak for hitting 51, and no chance of 60. With still no giild wars I was losing interest and would have quit if not for this event. So I play to get BK+ because it's an accomplishment. I hope guild wars will be enjoyable and give me something to keep playing.

Personally I think most high Lvls quit because there's no end game anymore. Lvling provides no rewards, grinding for mats is tediously boring, and the psuedo-end-game that became getting epic boss to 60 has, post-Deva, become impossible without gems. Even the arena "requires" gems to rank in the top, or capping your lvl and procuring strong armors to topple lvl 100 opponents who can farm mats, for max rewards.

Just my 2 cents
    Add me if you feel like it: xbb-dqd-pzm
    Level 120 and bored of farming.
    Sentinel in Wyverms Rage - all @ 7%
    If you're looking for guild send me a pm.
    Maxed legendary+: BK, shaman, Infernal, DP, Jian, Beast, (reg) SG

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer View Post
    Week Five (i.e. the week after the last Ancient Dragon) is going to be interesting, because many people will be occupied trying to finish crafting the +armors from the Dragons before the deadline.

What are your predictions for the elements for that boss, and will it be as tough as the last dragon, or will Gree finally return to 'normal' boss stats? Normal being Deva/Eurus levels, not pre-Deva levels.

I suspect they will make it a little easier, but with desireable elements, so people will want to continue competing. A lull after the big event is NOT what Gree will want to see.
    You missed a possibility - Boreas becoming the new normal. Didn't he take a weird jump out of the stat growth?
    Bears At Large (iOS) Beartator (recruiting for solid Guild Warriors!) - use LINE

Quote Originally Posted by Bearsuo View Post
    You missed a possibility - Boreas becoming the new normal. Didn't he take a weird jump out of the stat growth?
    Not exactly. He was the semi-toughest* boss, until Notus. Attack has been consistent since Deva, but Boreas' defence grew 2% faster than Eurus. Then Notus grew 2-3% (haven't done the exact math) faster than Boreas.

*Semi-tough, because With Boreas' elements it was possible to do 200% damage with the right armor, but with Notus you can only do 150% without taking extra damage, so Notus is a significant leap in difficulty over Boreas. If Zephyr(us) takes the same 2-3% defence jump over Notus, and is Fire/Earth, he will be the toughest boss to date. Then I'm wondering if Zephyr(us)'s stats will continue, or we'll return to Dava's, or maybe pre-Deva stats.

My saving grace for Zephyr(us) may be that with Jackalope+ maxed I have a good armor ready for the fight. If Zephyr(us) is anything other than Fire/Earth then I won't have the best armor ready, and certainly won't get the BK+, maybe not even the + armor Even if he is, and I beat him 43 times, I'm not sure I have the time/energy/interest to grind the materials to do all the armor building and levelling required.

This thread has taken a slight turn from the original theme, but it's interesting to hear the effect these 'events' have on players. both in this game and others.

I played Book of Heroes for over two years, and they would run a special event every now and then, say the equivalent of double material drops in K&D. The problem is it would burn out players by effectively forcing extra playing time, and always at a weekend when people should be free to spend time with their families and loved ones (or the NFL), so the following week there was a drop-off in play. It looks like this event may have a similar effect, with the some of the drop-off becoming permanent. In other words, the company/game gets a short term gain at the expense of long-term loyalty to the game.

I played Blood Brothers for a few months, and that had a similar problem. In addition to the regular map (which wasn't completed in my time playing) there was a weekly competition which you basically had to compete is. The competition gave you a boost to your attacks for a while, then it ended with the next competition and you had to start all over again. This annoyed players enormously, especially new ones who spent money to earn the boost, not realising it would reset to zero very soon. I stopped playing after a few months when I got tired of the same treadmill, and had completed what map play was available.
    Last edited by Musketeer; 07-21-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Not exactly. He was the semi-toughest* boss, until Notus. Attack has been consistent since Deva, but Boreas' defence grew 2% faster than Eurus. Then Notus grew 2-3% (haven't done the exact math) faster than Boreas.
    I meant that around level 14 there was an unusual disjunction in the stat distribution, which Boreas's stats corrected. I thought... In addition to the bump.

Re the larger conversation I used to play WoW and there was a SERIOUS summer slump. I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't a two pronged counter - keep players engaged and keep revenue up.

Obviously, burn out. So if week five is a knock over with candy, that might go well.
    Bears At Large (iOS) Beartator (recruiting for solid Guild Warriors!) - use LINE

*Semi-tough, because With Boreas' elements it was possible to do 200% damage with the right armor, but with Notus you can only do 150% without taking extra damage, so Notus is a significant leap in difficulty over Boreas. If Zephyr(us) takes the same 2-3% defence jump over Notus, and is Fire/Earth, he will be the toughest boss to date. Then I'm wondering if Zephyr(us)'s stats will continue, or we'll return to Dava's, or maybe pre-Deva stats.

My saving grace for Zephyr(us) may be that with Jackalope+ maxed I have a good armor ready for the fight. If Zephyr(us) is anything other than Fire/Earth then I won't have the best armor ready, and certainly won't get the BK+, maybe not even the + armor Even if he is, and I beat him 43 times, I'm not sure I have the time/energy/interest to grind the materials to do all the armor building and levelling required.

This thread has taken a slight turn from the original theme, but it's interesting to hear the effect these 'events' have on players. both in this game and others.

I played Book of Heroes for over two years, and they would run a special event every now and then, say the equivalent of double material drops in K&D. The problem is it would burn out players by effectively forcing extra playing time, and always at a weekend when people should be free to spend time with their families and loved ones (or the NFL), so the following week there was a drop-off in play. It looks like this event may have a similar effect, with the some of the drop-off becoming permanent. In other words, the company/game gets a short term gain at the expense of long-term loyalty to the game.

I played Blood Brothers for a few months, and that had a similar problem. In addition to the regular map (which wasn't completed in my time playing) there was a weekly competition which you basically had to compete in. The competition gave you a boost to your attacks for a while, then it ended with the next competition and you had to start all over again. This annoyed players enormously, especially new ones who spent money to earn the boost, not realising it would reset to zero very soon. I stopped playing after a few months when I got tired of the same treadmill, and had completed what map play was available.
    Jian is actually the toughest boss to date, it's att and def were both 2x. But it seemed like one off event so I'm not sure if that could be the case for the next boss.

As for the new normal, I doubt we'll return to pre-deva stats. With the increase in stats of epic boss armors to a standard 2200+, as well as guild bonuses, Gree seems to be gearing players up for new standards of difficulty. Hell, even the Bkal+ seem to be a sort of gear up for what is to come.

A personal advice for getting the bkal+, if you can afford the gems, all anyone needs is to get to lvl15 to get the first 50 mats, and spend 256 gems to summon the boss 25x to get the next 50.

I played Blood Brothers too, the grind for events each week with no rest took a toll on me. I had months of sleepless nights just to keep up top 50 so that i can get legendary - it was a horrible experience that I just ended up doing real money trading, buying new legendaries off other players and getting scammed sometimes lol.

In comparison, KnD is less of a grind, it's pretty easy for newcomers to gear and catchup. I look forward to more challenging bosses, and maybe even twin jian stats will be the new norm.
    Last edited by Thatzme; 07-21-2013 at 07:33 PM.
    IGN: Thatzme
    Guild: The Rainbow Room - Last Hurrah

I plan on taking a nice week or 2 off from epic bosses. Unless it's a good one. This event has been killing me!

Quote Originally Posted by Thatzme View Post
    Jian is actually the toughest boss to date, it's att and def were both 2x. But it seemed like one off event so I'm not sure if that could be the case for the next boss.
    Do you, or does anyone, have the att/def numbers for Jian at level 43?

Paging for Bethmo.

Level 43 stats (all 31,994 hitpoints)
    Admiral up to Jackalope except Twin Jian: 632/606
    Twin Jian: 1,264/1,212
    Deva, Wandering Flame, and Eurus: 1,701/606
    Boreas: 1,701/618
    Notus: 1,701/636
    IGN: Theorycrafter (level 250+)
    Proud member of The Rainbow Room, even though the guild has moved on.
    Part of the Rainbow Coalition

i'm so waiting for zephyrus with 1,701/1,212

KayOrzz
    aka
    Shikamaru

I'm your source of self-destruction
    Leading on your death's construction
    Come crawling faster
    Your life burns faster

Friend add code : XBB-ZYN-FMC
    LINE id : darthcow

"You're GREEtarded"
    "There is no cure for Stupidity"
    "Bad luck? Sucks to be you"
    "The white milk is stale, come join me and savour the sweetness of chocolate milk"
    "More pew pew, less QQ"

Quote Originally Posted by KayOrzz View Post
    i'm so waiting for zephyrus with 1,701/1,212
    I'll be very happy haha.