Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: BUY Immunity??

BUY Immunity??

Ok, I was giving the game the benefit of the doubt.... Until I saw this update.

Let me get this straight, GREE is requiring players to pay money to protect themselves from being raided?

So, GREE makes money on the high level players who pay to enhance their stats... In addition, they now want to exploit players that are victimized by players who spend money?

This is sickening. And I'm a level 28 with a big army and plenty of options. So this isn't a personal whine or grudge.

I have just lost a lot of respect and interest in this game. What looked like a fun new platform is quickly becoming yet another money grab.

this immunity a little bit expensive and it can protect your base while you don't have army... and remember, that immunity will go away after that player will attack another player...
    Non-Modern War player, War of Nations only!

It is a gree-d game after all

I don't understand... do you people understand that these games are NOT developed by themselves? People work on these games just as you go to work 8-5 every day... they also work. Without a doubt most of these employees are probably well educated and spent a lump some for the degree they earned. You act as if your number one enemy is getting the money. The people who made this game possible are the ones receiving the paychecks and it's well deserved. If you don't like it go find a game that's like this which has no support or a development team.

Get back to me when you find it. I highly doubt I'll ever see a game title in your reply.

Sincerely, X

Typing away in an old Cold War missile silo.
    This could be interesting, it could probably save you a lot of lost units if you are stuck between some tough players. It makes sense it's somewhat expensive, it's a pretty good power up.
    |Trophy Case|
    Dust, a few rubles, cobwebs, gum wrappers, obsolete units

Quote Originally Posted by m0dulat0r View Post
    I don't understand... do you people understand that these games are NOT developed by themselves? People work on these games just as you go to work 8-5 every day... they also work. Without a doubt most of these employees are probably well educated and spent a lump some for the degree they earned. You act as if your number one enemy is getting the money. The people who made this game possible are the ones receiving the paychecks and it's well deserved. If you don't like it go find a game that's like this which has no support or a development team.

Get back to me when you find it. I highly doubt I'll ever see a game title in your reply.

Sincerely, X
    Oh please, spare me. I'm not naive, but it seems you are.

In business, when you're selling a product you want customers. You want customers to be happy so that you continue to have customers.

The video game world is VERY cut-throat, so you REALLY want to keep your customers happy.

Now, GREE starts off on a good note making a free game. It appeals to customers, and gets them in. Good so far. Then, they offer in game perks for money to enhance your experience. I'm still good with that. As you say, they have to pay the bills.

However, as you go deeper, things start to turn. Hackers are abundant in these games, and not enough is done to stop them. GREE is far too slow to react to these issues. So, people spend money to enhance their experience, which is often ruined by hackers. Strike 1.

Now, in addition, GREE is exploiting players who have complained about being quickly overwhelmed by high levels by making immunity something you have to pay for.

Instead of listening to the community and allowing people to start on a level playing field, people have to start already in the hole financially just to get started. Strike 2

We will have to wait and see what strike 3 is.

Again, I'm well aware this game doesn't come free. But trapping players to a financial commitment just so they aren't immediately run off the game is ridiculous.

Paying for immunity or shields is a common mechanic in these types of games. I'd rather have this option than no immunity unless you lose a good OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian View Post

In business, when you're selling a product you want customers. You want customers to be happy so that you continue to have customers.

The video game world is VERY cut-throat, so you REALLY want to keep your customers happy.

Now, GREE starts off on a good note making a free game. It appeals to customers, and gets them in. Good so far. Then, they offer in game perks for money to enhance your experience. I'm still good with that. As you say, they have to pay the bills.

However, as you go deeper, things start to turn. Hackers are abundant in these games, and not enough is done to stop them. GREE is far too slow to react to these issues. So, people spend money to enhance their experience, which is often ruined by hackers. Strike 1.

Now, in addition, GREE is exploiting players who have complained about being quickly overwhelmed by high levels by making immunity something you have to pay for.

Instead of listening to the community and allowing people to start on a level playing field, people have to start already in the hole financially just to get started. Strike 2

Again, I'm well aware this game doesn't come free. But trapping players to a financial commitment just so they aren't immediately run off the game is ridiculous.
    I did a ton of work for War2Glory bud, I'm far from naive when it comes to the development and work it takes for games like this... not to mention this is a new game. The game hasn't even been out for a month and a customer is not someone who downloads the game for free. You are mistaking customers for potential customers.

Perhaps you should refrain from nonstructural criticism and make suggestions for the game. Feel free to refer to my suggestion thread to see what that looks like.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Chat-Rules-Etc.
    Last edited by m0dulat0r; 07-13-2013 at 12:10 PM.

I think some of you fail to understand what many people are perfectly happy to spend on these games. I am a veteran of Modern War and I know there it was perfectly normal for people to spend $2,000 a month or more, and I think this game is much better than MW and seems like it requires less money to go well in so far.
    I think Gree are pretty switched on about how much money people are willing to spend and design their games accordingly.

No one is forcing anyone to buy immunity, I haven't bought it and I am managing just fine. But it is nice to have the option there if I need it.
    Active world 4 fighter

As for hackers, I have not seen evidence of them in this game so I think the so called hackers you see are what the rest of us call gold players!
    Active world 4 fighter

Thumbs down Two more strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian View Post

As far as I'm concerned:
    Strike 1 is lack of the ability to PM other players to ask what they prefer you attack.
    Or ask them to attack you some other time.
    Or, here's an idea. Ask them to join your alliance!!!!!

Strike 2 (or is it 3) is that you can hit an L2 Renegade Outpost with 900+ units, when they have less than 100 units, and still take out only a hand full of units.

I'd like to see much more transparency in these combat sessions.
    I've never heard it said that Units can MISS in combat, and even so, 9:1 odds whould still overwhelm.
    If you can keep your calm, while all about you are losing theirs .....
    YOU HAVE AN INSUFFICIENT UNDERSTANDING OF THE SITTUATION!!!

We took a massive assault from a coordinated attack that cost my team many ops and many units. But even after, we pulled together what we had to take this coiners L34 npc. Buying immunity was all that spared this idiots L34 npc from our team. We lost a lot, but we didn't spend a dime and cost this idiot some serious real cash. None of that was necessary.
    WoN: PH-GAMECOCK
    W1- TeamPH oldest and most powerful alliance in the game
    W2- KoNE
    W3- TeamPH

sailing around in the world in my FORTUNE CARRIER!!!
    How does normal immunity work?? I've lost 3 outposts since last night but I still don't have immunity....? I thought it was suppose to give you 24 hrs immunity for losing an outpost? Or is that only for the first time you lose one

If you'd like to know. We can play the hotter,colder game.
    I've gotten immunity twice after the first initial one. From losing an outposts. It is weird that you have regained immunity though. Anyone have any ideas as to why?
    We didn't build a faction. We built a franchise. Veteran Forum Fighters

If you have the AR DRONE, then I don't mind hearing you complain about your stuff being devalued.

I lost 2 ops before getting immunity in W2. Brutal!
    WoN: PH-GAMECOCK
    W1- TeamPH oldest and most powerful alliance in the game
    W2- KoNE
    W3- TeamPH