Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Dumb Question?

Dumb Question?

This is a dumb question I know but, I've got to ask. When setting up outposts are all buildings needed oil rigs, iron mines, trade centers, etc. or is just command center & what other buildings are needed? Thanks
    Upgrading Mafia would like Forum members. Please send send in game names PM so I'll know who I'm adding.Thanks.
    CC: 883 932 407
    MQ:387 252 109

No specific buildings are "required". Build whatever fits your strategy. Most people build only resource buildings on their outposts.

I put my outposts places where I can get 2 or 3 resource spots, so of course I have 2 or 3 oil rigs or iron mines,
    Then I have a factory for pumping out units so I don't need to rely on being able to get them from home base, 1,000km away.
    Then I have a trading centre, and a refinery.
    If there is only 2 resource spots I get a wharehouse as well.
    Active world 4 fighter

What about Sensor Towers & Defense Grids? Need them in the Outpost?
    Upgrading Mafia would like Forum members. Please send send in game names PM so I'll know who I'm adding.Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by beaux View Post
    Not sure about them, nobody seems to know how they work!
    Active world 4 fighter

Quote Originally Posted by HunterKiller View Post
    Not sure about them, nobody seems to know how they work!
    Don't you just love the massive amount of information provided by Gree detailing how things work in their game?

It all comes down how you want to use your outpost. If its only for the resources go for your life with iron, oil etc. However, keep in mind that every outpost is a possible target. If you really want to use your outpost forever besides stocking it up with a big army and a strong commander, you will also need a sensor tower and a defence grid. The sensor tower will help you detect enemies and depending on the level of the upgrade you will get more information about your attacker. Defence grid increases the range of defence of your units. I still have no idea how or how much. It would be nice for Gree to help us a little bit but i guess we ll have to keep guessing and experimenting how to play the game.

Sensor tower is an absoulute must have as is the defence grid give your base high health harder to be taken in a capture attempt

Quote Originally Posted by DRyd3r View Post
    Sensor tower is an absoulute must have as is the defence grid give your base high health harder to be taken in a capture attempt
    Wait, are you saying it's better to have a sensor tower as well as a defense grid in each base??

New question:

How do I increase capacity? like get the max to go from 116k to say 200k?

Now we're talking I have all these questions & too dumb too ask them all help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedan View Post
    New question:

How do I increase capacity? like get the max to go from 116k to say 200k?
    build or upgrade your warehouses

One thing to consider if you are having your main base targeted. Move your Research building to an outpost especially if you are grouping around a strong faction member....
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

8(

Quote Originally Posted by beaux View Post
    You don't NEED them, they aren't Obligatory, just an incredibly good idea, which is why I find it INTENSELY annoying that Outposts are only 7 Hexes.
    If you can keep your calm, while all about you are losing theirs .....
    YOU HAVE AN INSUFFICIENT UNDERSTANDING OF THE SITTUATION!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    One thing to consider if you are having your main base targeted. Move your Research building to an outpost especially if you are grouping around a strong faction member....
    u must be the most stupid person in this forum. Better u are quiet