XP in the LTQ, raiding glitch last night - Page 7

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: XP in the LTQ, raiding glitch last night

Post Count
    For those complaining about how they finished the LTQ before the copious amounts of XP were dropped down and giving those who didn't jump right into it an advantage, who made the decision to keep playing the LTQ knowing full well it was chock full of XP? Think carefully before you answer, because whoever is responsible for that is also responsible for you gaining all kinds of levels you didn't want.

Quote Originally Posted by E-I View Post
    There is a real simple fix, that would require minimal coding. Export level/XP data from the most recent backup before the LTQ started, import those rows into the live database, zero out XP earned for the remainder of the LTQ. Yeah, it isn't going to be a perfectly accurate solution to the problem, but it is going to be a fair solution to all players.
    I didn't say the solution would be hard or easy. I just said it would be incredibly time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by procsyzarc View Post
    It is there job to fix it not mine. I don't ask Gree employees to come to my company and manage it for me.
    Do GREE employees complain about how you do your job? They don't? So your comparison isn't valid? Oh, okay. Thanks for playing!
    "I make no apologies for the way I play the game.
    It's not my fault if you are weaker than I.
    It's yours. Don't whine about it. Fix it."

Consistent Contributor LordIndy's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeytah View Post
    For those complaining about how they finished the LTQ before the copious amounts of XP were dropped down and giving those who didn't jump right into it an advantage, who made the decision to keep playing the LTQ knowing full well it was chock full of XP? Think carefully before you answer, because whoever is responsible for that is also responsible for you gaining all kinds of levels you didn't want.

I didn't say the solution would be hard or easy. I just said it would be incredibly time consuming.

Do GREE employees complain about how you do your job? They don't? So your comparison isn't valid? Oh, okay. Thanks for playing!
    Sorry bro. These answers don't hold water. If a restaurant screws up your order, they don't tell you eat it or starve, it will take too long to remake it, by the way here's the check.
    "You call him Docta Jones!"

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeytah View Post
    for those complaining about how they finished the ltq before the copious amounts of xp were dropped down and giving those who didn't jump right into it an advantage, who made the decision to keep playing the ltq knowing full well it was chock full of xp? Think carefully before you answer, because whoever is responsible for that is also responsible for you gaining all kinds of levels you didn't want.
    omg. Lol!!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeytah View Post

Your responses are ridiculous.

1) when deciding to do the event despite high exp gains, most did it with the knowledge many people wouldn't. Thus, they traded gaining exp over gaining an advantage on those sitting out.

2) quality assurance and customer service are cornerstones to any good business, regardless of how long it takes.

3) GREE doesn't get paid by me to fix the problems in my company, however, many players here do pay them, so they do have that obligation to provide the service expected.

KA ally code - 583-237-638

MW ally code - 861-947-758
    PvP 1 - #80, PvP 2 - #45, BfB - #33, PvP 3 - #25, BfG - #23, RfE - #27
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Leader *Retired*

Post Count
    Never have I seen a game where the long term strategy is reducing playing time and experience gain, so I don't buy into the argument that we should of been forewarned about the exp gain before this ltq.
    Bottom line, it seems to me from these pages of comment threads everyone wants the same thing, a system that rewards exp gain rather than penalizes. And I have to imagine it rewards Gree as well because then you have more people buying gems to attack monsters.

Cj and Sirios, I bet you guys are strapped but it looks like this exp issue has reached a boiling point.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm getting 250 gold and an extra 25 XP per hit (at 43/50)

Lurker
    Post Count
    I don't think I have seen this solution posted... These LTQs have been increasing stats about 40,000 to 60,000 depending upon boosts, etc. During the last LTQ I increased 2 levels, from L150 to L152 which was a function of my hero strength and the XP of the mob. I am assuming once the current LTQ was fixed (I am saying fixed because it had to be broken otherwise why change anything?) I would have only increased 2 levels as in the previous LTQ and would have finished at L154 instead of L160. Since I increased 6 levels instead of 1 then I should be awarded with the stats for the 5 additional levels, so Gree should give me units that will add 250,000 to my stats. This is a simple solution that should not require any programming, just go into my account and give me 5 more of everything from this last LTQ. Since it takes hundreds of requests for Gree to fix something and nothing has yet to be done about this problem then this solution would only need to be applied to a few accounts. At this point it is much more equitable then doing nothing at all. Of course the most equitable thing to do in the beginning was nothing at all.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by leek View Post
    I do not agree with your suggestion. I think CP points based on level match ups is fair and equitable. If you are at a higher level, you can bring more allies and units to war. This in turn translates to higher stats. How would a low level player be able to compete against you if he is restricted by the ally count afforded at his level? That's akin to stealing candy from a child. LLPs work hard and smart, with patience to get to a high Stat/level ratio. Where's the fun if you take away this strategy aspect of the game. So stop complaining.

On the other hand, you must be one of the high level players that get hammered with 1000+ losses in each war and that must have not looked good on your CV. But who cares, its a game. Have fun with it or move to some other games
    As you say, I do not agree with your suggestion or your false claim. You do have every chance to increase your ally count up to the max. It's called leveling! Since you choose not to do that then you should be the one experiencing the negativity of that, not the rest of us who choose to level normally, as the game intended.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LordIndy View Post
    Sorry bro. These answers don't hold water. If a restaurant screws up your order, they don't tell you eat it or starve, it will take too long to remake it, by the way here's the check.
    I'm sorry. I didn't realize there was a menu where we could pick and choose the options for our gaming experience. I had assumed we were all playing the same game. Must have missed the memo letting me know this was Burger King where I could have it my way exactly.

This is why playing Kingdom Age is not the same as going to a restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjctnorris View Post
    Your responses are ridiculous.

1) when deciding to do the event despite high exp gains, most did it with the knowledge many people wouldn't. Thus, they traded gaining exp over gaining an advantage on those sitting out.

2) quality assurance and customer service are cornerstones to any good business, regardless of how long it takes.

3) GREE doesn't get paid by me to fix the problems in my company, however, many players here do pay them, so they do have that obligation to provide the service expected.
    1) For the record, I agree that changing the rules or rewards in the middle of anything is a bad idea, but Maybe instead of complaining about GREE, why not complain about the people who whined about the high XP which led to GREE changing it to accommodate all the people whining about high XP (which is a very high percentage people on the forum. GREE was trying to make people happy for once and it blew up in their face.

2) Yes, they are. You know what else is a good business practice? Prioritizing. Like I said before, time and resources are limited, and this is something that should take a back burner to all the other issues, like the ones that ate up gems and actually cost people real money. Something this did not. If there weren't all these other issues at hand, then maybe work on this. As mentioned above, I agree that changing the xp levels mid quest was a really bad decision, but GREE doesn't owe anyone a roll back, since it didn't actually cost anyone any money. In fact, this helped people save a little money buy providing a few extra energy refills, full energy refills, not just the 1,000 energy a gem refill gets you. So, really GREE hurt themselves. I, for one, went up about four levels, which saved me 8 energy refills, or about 140 gems, since I have about 2010 energy. Some people leveled up six or more times. That's a lot of gems people aren't having to open their wallets to replenish. So, really, we traded not leveling for saving a few bucks,

3) No, you aren't paid by them to fix the problems, nor anyone else on this forum. As someone who works in customer service, I can tell you that customers who try to tell you how to do your job, even though they haven't the slightest clue how your job is done, helps absolutely no one. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if a large group of people who didn't know how to do your job just showed up one day where you work and started to tell you what needed to be done, how it needed to be done, and when it needed to be done why.

Quote Originally Posted by Bb233 View Post
    I don't think I have seen this solution posted... These LTQs have been increasing stats about 40,000 to 60,000 depending upon boosts, etc. During the last LTQ I increased 2 levels, from L150 to L152 which was a function of my hero strength and the XP of the mob. I am assuming once the current LTQ was fixed (I am saying fixed because it had to be broken otherwise why change anything?) I would have only increased 2 levels as in the previous LTQ and would have finished at L154 instead of L160. Since I increased 6 levels instead of 1 then I should be awarded with the stats for the 5 additional levels, so Gree should give me units that will add 250,000 to my stats. This is a simple solution that should not require any programming, just go into my account and give me 5 more of everything from this last LTQ. Since it takes hundreds of requests for Gree to fix something and nothing has yet to be done about this problem then this solution would only need to be applied to a few accounts. At this point it is much more equitable then doing nothing at all. Of course the most equitable thing to do in the beginning was nothing at all.
    You can't be serious...

Surely, LordIndy and Kjctnorris, the three of us can at least agree that this solution is absolutely insane, right?

Quote Originally Posted by leek View Post
    I think CP points based on level match ups is fair and equitable. If you are at a higher level, you can bring more allies and units to war. This in turn translates to higher stats. How would a low level player be able to compete against you if he is restricted by the ally count afforded at his level? That's akin to stealing candy from a child. LLPs work hard and smart, with patience to get to a high Stat/level ratio. Where's the fun if you take away this strategy aspect of the game. So stop complaining.
    Two things:

First: All players level 100+ has the same number of max allies. That's 101 out of the 200 levels that can have 500 allies, which is just slightly more than half the levels.

Second: According to your argument, it would make more sense for CP to based on ally count then level.
    "I make no apologies for the way I play the game.
    It's not my fault if you are weaker than I.
    It's yours. Don't whine about it. Fix it."

Post Count
    @Mickeytah -
    1 & 2) I understand this isn't an apples to apples comparison (but the principle is the same), but when a car company realizes there is an issue with a model, they fix it and sell the fixed version to customers who haven't bought it yet. For the customers who got the lemon, they do a recall to fix the problem over a period of time.

If GREE would offer some transparency to its customers on their plans to make it right over the long haul, this would alleviate many of the complaints they get, but they don't. Instead, we get "oops, we screwed up and offered an LTQ which did not sell well, so we'll change it up to make it more appealing to those who didn't buy in yet. Those of you who are loyal customers and bought in already are getting the wiener and that's too bad, but our profit margin suffers too much to maintain the status quo."

Regardless of how much of that is true doesn't matter. That's the perception and it's the company's responsibility to fix that, not the customers on a forum board.

As for prioritizing, you are absolutely correct, that is indeed an important factor for management to consider, and the players don't make it easier for themselves when they continue to pour money into the game when GREE prioritized things that benefit themselves instead of the customer. Many of us have already been round and round with the customers here and it just doesn't take, oh well. However, if GREE continues to let the immediate profit margin be the primary factor in the decision making process of how to prioritize rather than quality assurance and a holistic approach to long term profit margin which relies heavily on customer satisfaction, then the customers have every right to call them out each time they do so.

3) I'm not concerned with how customer service actually DOES their job; I'm only concerned with the end result. That's their job to figure out how to meet that. If they deem it's not cost effective to attempt to meet the customer demands and they're willing to lose customers while potentially gaining others, that is indeed their right, but that still doesn't take away the customers' right to voice their complaints.

Personally, I don't expect a perfect game from GREE. I fully recognize there will be bugs, mistakes, and there will always be those who either hack or figure out a way to exploit glitches in the game. However, when you're customer service tells you obvious lies as a response to your complaints (e.g. "there are quite frankly many legit guilds that have invested greatly to reach this level.") in an attempt to rationalize their lack of action, that is straight up insulting. When they continue to put out broken quests without doing their due diligence in QA because they know many will pour money into it as long as they keep rolling them out, that too is insulting.

If you can't see where these are examples of grievous issues in customer service, I really don't feel like debating this with you any longer because my issue isn't really with you. The only reason I even bothered to start is because if more customers would get their head out of the proverbial sand and echo this sentiment, perhaps GREE would offer us a better product that would maintain greater long term success rather than focusing on the immediate profit margin.

As for Bb233's suggestion, I have no comment. There are plenty of good and bad ideas being thrown around by the players. It's GREE's responsibility to sift through them and find and implement them in a manner that will satisfy its customers.

Lastly, I enjoy the game; I really do. But with these issues, I don't spend nearly what I used to. This affects both GREE and me. I don't enjoy the game nearly as much when I don't spend as much, and GREE doesn't make as much. Surely they can figure out a way to maximize the experience for both parties with an adjustment to the way they prioritize. That's all I'm really getting at.
    Last edited by Kjctnorris; 06-23-2013 at 05:53 AM. Reason: For better clarification

Post Count
    Good grief that was long... It's probably filled with redundancies, so apologies for that.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjctnorris View Post
    Good grief that was long... It's probably filled with redundancies, so apologies for that.
    Yes..... But I'd say accurate.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Cool, martyrdom now. Keep me posted on how that works. I know it doesn't read very well.

I have looked through your posts over the last few days, and it seems you are really due for a rage quit. It will be painful at first, but in the end, you will feel liberated. You are far to emotionally invested in a game on your phone. I hope you are as equally passionate about your loved ones and career, otherwise this would look dangerously out .
    Rage quit, that's funny, just because I. Passionate about the dealings of family and career are foremost not that it's anything to do with you, and I provide for them, they do not miss out and I am fair, unlike some aspects of the game, I take most things in my stride and abide by rules and regulations, but when the rules change to benefit those that started late that's a different story, why should I be penalized for starting the LTQ on time and playing what I was dealt!
    Unlike the rest that started late and 1/3 XP to what I got, of course it's a game but changing 3/4 way through it just plain out and out unfair, am I worried about what level I'm at...nope..I'm also not worried about being hit by level 200's, I can hold my own and have done so since I started playing, but if I was the same player and started later after Gree changed the rules I would be 3 levels better off, which would have given me a better oppurtunity to see those around the levels I bypassed, cause I like to visit certain Kingdoms, an opportunist maybe, but I have missed those in comparison to someone late starting, as for quitting I have done this before and will do it again when I'm ready, I don't NEED the game the game NEEDS me..weather as a free player or spender it's my choice...but I did not have a choice when they changed the rules...all was needed was a notification and everything would have been honky dory...but they didn't and went about it with dubious intent to gain more players to spend more..that is not my choice...if I had known I would have waited...so i am with my rights to voice my concerns and ask for FAIR play

Lurker
    Post Count
    Mickeytah, My solution to the problem that Gree created is no more insane than the fix they decided to implement. My solution on its face is absurd, but it meets one of the requirements that you had alluded to in an earlier post in that it would be simple. However, if they did decide to go this route, every customer that took on the LTQ prior to the fix would be happy and with that every customer would be satisfied - the ones that complained about the too high XP in the LTQ have been satisfied with the fix and the ones that took on the LTQ before the fix have been satisfied. When is pleasing all of your customers ever insane? Mickeytah, your posts do not offer solutions. All you do is criticize others for having an opinion that differs from yours. You belittle others while attempting to show your superior intellect. If you think gem refills is the most important customer service issue then by all means start a new thread on that, it should be no time before that thread has 11 pages of comments like this one. Clearly, this LTQ fix is a customer service issue, Gree has every right to ignore it but that doesn't mean all of the customers will even if you think they should. There is a small book on customer service written by a car dealer in Texas - Customers For Life - it's a quick read and basically boils customer service down to this - under promise and over deliver. Telling customers to move on after Gree made this mistake doesn't pass the test for customer service.

Post Count
    Hmm

I see a lot of this test before release honestly no qa team is 100% on fixing bugs.
    Examples
    1b. Skyrim full of bugs still to this day.

2b. Assassins creed 3 released with out qa was full of bugs they knew and said they would fix after game release.
    Do I need to go on with this list.

Qa takes a back burner on a lot of game makers priority list then others do not want to pay for qa so the release it and get free qa from gamers.

Online gaming company's are more like casinos than other businesses. So comparing it to your little mom and pop business does not really work.

Stuff gets changed it is that simple you going to yell at burger king if you bought food and a hour latter the price changes no your not.
    Same as gas that price changes all the time heck I've bought it and went in to pay and find out it was 50 cents more it.

Life is harsh and unforgiving it's allways throwing you road blocks.

I do support a different system for cp in wars. I do not support the ally version thought.
    But do support higher stats better reward.
    KA ID kusajishi 442-667-646

SAILOR SCOUTS GUILD MEMBER