Page 2 of 2 First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Luthienwind View Post
    I understand you mean, what I am saying is that dual elements doesn't not mean that is better than mono. Dual elements have a chance to do 100% dmg but also have the chance to receive. Mono can do 50% dmg but is target but only by one element. Nitez.
    But dual's flexibility overall exceeds any + point a mono has. Because a dual can dominate 2 elements and if you have a proper armor set you can cover all element on your team and get the benefit of having the possibility of doing 2x damage compared to a mon which only covers one, so your range is very limited so is your dmg.

So with using a mono placing it at the right spot every time you fight would be vital. Cause that's the only way I can see it shine compared to a dual. So when you find a way to do that in every fight then you would have a very valid point.

Never a chance for them to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Guo View Post
    Yep, make it 100% would be different story, and it is a good start.

I still like the element calculation in Stone age, in that game, Pure element means Maximum degree of gain or lost, if people diversify their elements into 50% 50%, then the gain or lose will never as high as Pure, even fully against the enemy, can only be 50%. And if Pure against half, that would be 50% gain or lose, pretty interesting.

For K&D, the calculation of elements actually inconsistency, due to their style: If the old factors cannot make them money, they always ignore them, no matter how bad it is. What they do is to produce new things to distract people's mind, let people purchase new and forget old.
    I totally understand your point as I know the store age game. The only thing for this game tho is it is not that comprehensive and need not to be! The key for them is to get the new boss with new items out in an attempt to make ppl buy gems! One day they will be out of ideas and as old ones will be replaced by new more powerful ones and this goes one and on, no matter how goods suggestions like this will be, it just won't happen because it won't bring them money! I am sure you know and possibly have played a number of these elements games(water,fire,earth ... Like the old pockmon ones) and there are actually plenty scope for improvement for this one! There are only 5 elements here and what you said is very valid, but I think if there is one more element in the chain, the story is indeed totally different. Probably that is much better than increasing the mono to 100%.

Another interesting suggestion (might be off this topic) is making a specific range of damage rather than fix so that the luck element play more parts and it might not be that dry for, e.g. Two identical players with Max statues. It is too bored for who hit first to get max change of winner!
    Last edited by maple1736; 05-08-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Newby here... First of all, I'd like to thank all those who have shared their experiences here with those of us who have just recently found the game.

On the topic of single element armor and its equality vs dual element armor, the one thing that I don't see being accounted for here is cost (perhaps I missed it - I've been reading a LOT of posts the past day or so). With single element armor being relatively cheap to craft, might that play into the equation?

Just a thought... Be gentle... ;-)

Grumpy

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude View Post
    Newby here... First of all, I'd like to thank all those who have shared their experiences here with those of us who have just recently found the game.

On the topic of single element armor and its equality vs dual element armor, the one thing that I don't see being accounted for here is cost (perhaps I missed it - I've been reading a LOT of posts the past day or so). With single element armor being relatively cheap to craft, might that play into the equation?

Just a thought... Be gentle... ;-)

Grumpy
    If anything, mono elements are actually harder to enchance. If you compare a hydromancer's mantle (water), to let's say a deep dragon (water and earth) . Since they're both level 70 armors, it would take the same amount of EP to level both of them up. However, in the case of deep dragon, you'll have a wider choice of armors to use as enchantment material.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.
    Guild: Rainbow Room
    Main knight's named Aiden.

My friend's list is currently full, i won't be able to accept new players at the moment.

Cheers, my fellow knights!

(^__________________^)

My saying is Mono can be advantage If you use it strategically as what Ras said. I agree Maple on the dmg should have a range, a fixed dmg will be boring when both players max all armors up.

For Grumpy, the easiest and cheapest is to enhance is water and earth elements because of snakeskin, it cost $3k and have enhancement point of 24 when fuse with same elements. Thus, it can be costly to lvl Mono armor. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by deathexe View Post
    If anything, mono elements are actually harder to enchance. If you compare a hydromancer's mantle (water), to let's say a deep dragon (water and earth) . Since they're both level 70 armors, it would take the same amount of EP to level both of them up. However, in the case of deep dragon, you'll have a wider choice of armors to use as enchantment material.
    OK... So, being an FNG, I was thinking of some of the lower level single element armors. I've only seen the ones you are referring to in the movies. I'll go back to reading now....

Grumpy

Quote Originally Posted by Luthienwind View Post
    For Grumpy, the easiest and cheapest is to enhance is water and earth elements because of snakeskin, it cost $3k and have enhancement point of 24 when fuse with same elements. Thus, it can be costly to lvl Mono armor. Enjoy!
    Hmmmm... If I can get 6 EP with basic water armor for 300 gold (assuming like elements), then for that same 3000 gold I could get 60 EP by crafting and fusing 10 water armors. It even takes less time (50 minutes) to craft.

What am I missing here?

OK... So, being an FNG, I was thinking of some of the lower level single element armors. I've only seen the ones you are referring to in the movies. I'll go back to reading now....

Grumpy
    Well, almost all other lower leveled mono element armors are basically useless unless used for enchancing, so unless you're comparing mono element 70 armors to dual element 70 armors, I can't see where you're coming from.
    Knights and Dragons iOS.

My friend's list is currently full, i won't be able to accept new players at the moment.

Hmmmm... If I can get 6 EP with basic water armor for 300 gold (assuming like elements), then for that same 3000 gold I could get 60 EP by crafting and fusing 10 water armors. It even takes less time (50 minutes) to craft.

What am I missing here?
    You're missing out the cost that's required for the actual enchancement process. In the higher levels of a armor, let's say 55, each enchancement slot cost around 15k if I'm not wrong. If you're going to use 10 basic water armors instead of one snakeskin, it's gonna cost 150k just for 60ep. As compared to using 4 snakeskin armors which only amount to 60k enchancement cost and 96ep
    Knights and Dragons iOS.

You're missing out the cost that's required for the actual enchancement process. In the higher levels of a armor, let's say 55, each enchancement slot cost around 15k if I'm not wrong. If you're going to use 10 basic water armors instead of one snakeskin, it's gonna cost 150k just for 60ep. As compared to using 4 snakeskin armors which only amount to 60k enchancement cost and 96ep
    Ok, that makes sense. I knew I had to be missing something since everyone has dismissed the basic armors as useless.

Thanks

Well, almost all other lower leveled mono element armors are basically useless unless used for enchancing, so unless you're comparing mono element 70 armors to dual element 70 armors, I can't see where you're coming from.
    That's just it... I wasn't thinking about 70 armors since I've never seen them. In fact, until I spent some time working through the spreadsheet, I didn't even know that mono-element 70 armors existed. I get it now.

Grumpy