How much real money have you spent on this game? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much real money have you spent on this game?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LordB View Post
    Hackstrol is also brilliant at online chess.... He has a really strong chess engine telling him the moves and he types them in
    Another jealous idiot ? You paid for this , and I got it for free
    So you found the God, huh? That's awesome.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    There's no enjoyment to be got from cheating though.

oK so you crawled under the fence at a football game. And you made it almost to half time before they spotted you laying in the trash beneath the bleachers. They caught you, rubbed your face in the **** and then threw you out. Yes, you got one up on the honest fans :-DDD.

I'm not going to look at this thread again now so if you try some halfwit reply you'll only look like even more of a loser than you do already. :-D

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Marcus View Post
    Actually its more like gambling than football. Football doesn't use a random system of rewards reinforced by payouts to persuade people to keep playing. Gambling does. We're all in a Skinner's box here. The question is whether or not you think its worth it.
    I actually think it is quite like football. We are talking about enjoyment here. Spending $1000's of dollars to see you team lose will cause disappointment just as spending the money only to miss out on the top prize would.

In both cases whether it be your team winning or you getting the top prize in an event your enjoyment for the money spent will be much higher if you are on the winning side.

Also another similarity I make is seeing people walk out of the stadium 3/4 of the way through a game when it becomes obvious their team has no chance is much like the moment where people stop in an event when the realize they aren’t going to win

Post Count

oK so you crawled under the fence at a football game. And you made it almost to half time before they spotted you laying in the trash beneath the bleachers. They caught you, rubbed your face in the **** and then threw you out. Yes, you got one up on the honest fans :-DDD.

I'm not going to look at this thread again now so if you try some halfwit reply you'll only look like even more of a loser than you do already. :-D
    That's some stupid example you got there man , really stupid
    So you found the God, huh? That's awesome.

Lurker
    Post Count

How much cash?

I played for maybe a year? for free and then spent $5 to win a good unit (at the time). Then spent $60 for war. Then $20 for LTQ, then $80 for war... So $165. I also have about 30 PS3 games that I bought and never played much of... I haven't turned on my $500 (?) PS3 in ages... For the PS2, I have probably 40 games. Same deal. I'm trying to rationalize my spending. But in the end, you spend what you think it's worth and what you can afford. I'm spending money equivalent to the time, energy, and thought I devote to the game (which is a hell of a lot ever since Wars came along). I'll spend more soon.

Post Count
    I've spent $80 to buy a mountain of gems with 20% sale. Used it for pve LTQ to get shadow knight that gives 2 upgrades at once. Also spent on one gem money building, some on other LTQs though not box or boss events, and a few on guild wars.
    Kingdom Age 547-115-858 Add me

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Namine33 View Post
    Let people spend whatever they want.... its their money, not yours. Who are you to say it is a waste of money?
    What would you say if I said buying alcohol or cigarettes is a waste of money? I dont buy alcohol or cigarettes, but if someone wants to, that is their prerogative.
    Alcohol and cigarettes are regulated and controlled by the government, gems aren't.

Consistent Contributor itsaklayton's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom53 View Post
    Alcohol and cigarettes are regulated and controlled by the government, gems aren't.
    What is you point. Namine33 is correct. It is no ones business
    Lady Vishna 305-117-374
    {sA-} (Founder and Officer)
    Owner of DAUTHUS
    Owner of DALETH - 9th Guild to Receive
    Battle for Shipwreck Cove - 15th
    Dagon's Delta - 22nd; Glacial Pass - 15th; Giant's Alley - 14th
    Darkhome - 13th; Dwarven Mines - 12th; Blighted Woods - 14th; Dragon's Roost - 25th

Banned
    Post Count

To be honest, there's also no enjoyment from paying for stats. Or paying to win.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by glitters View Post
    To be honest, there's also no enjoyment from paying for stats. Or paying to win.
    Clearly, that's why nobody does it... Wait.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    Clearly, that's why nobody does it... Wait.
    Well if the person I quoted feels the need to make an unthoughtful generalization, I feel the need as well even if it would be false on many occassions.