How much real money have you spent on this game? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much real money have you spent on this game?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Klassenr@hotmail.com View Post
    Try telling every professional sports organization in the world this idea. In professional sports it is most often those who spend the most money win.
    You're partially right, but mostly wrong.

Money in professional sports is an indirect factor determining the outcome. In this game money is a direct factor.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LordB View Post
    Drugs isn't a direct analogy, as drugs are harmful to your health. This is more like being a football fan. You can do that for free watching it on TV. You can do it for a small amount of money going to home games. Or you can do it for lots of money, flying around the country in first class following your team and hiring a private box at the ground.

Football fans and KA players have nothing to show for what they spend, other than having been entertained along the way
    Anything in excessive quantities can be harmful to your health or social well-being. It doesn't have to be a drug. It can be anything.

Banned
    Somewhere between South Eden and North Utopia
    Post Count
    I've spent exactly $0.00 however I've also spent a couple thousand gems. Gree gets paid by my presence in the game, but it doesn't come from my wallet.

Post Count
    well said glitters , i like how you think

Post Count
    Excessive quantities is relative. I'm certain there are players who have a problem, but this holds true for just about anything. Spending money in any amount for any sort of entertainment can be and likely is viewed as wasteful by someone else.

KA ally code - 583-237-638

MW ally code - 861-947-758
    PvP 1 - #80, PvP 2 - #45, BfB - #33, PvP 3 - #25, BfG - #23, RfE - #27
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Leader *Retired*

Banned
    Post Count
    That "someone else" may deem it wasteful because they only see the expenditure but not the enjoyment derived from it.

Enjoyment is subjective. For things such as entertainment, the passer-by may not experience the enjoyment or may not find logic that such spending produces enjoyment which naturally leads them to think it is wasteful. They are merely judging from their own position; concerning their own income and preferences.

Post Count
    I've spent $30. I've bought $10 worth of gold to finish my BD 10 and also $20 worth of gems to try for the 10th tonic (which I did not get).

Proud member of Forum Knights Guild II, ranked 48 in Dragon's Roost

Post Count
    Spend money on whatever releases the endorphins, as long as its not illegal or hurting someone else.

I have spent nothing, because sadly there is no buzz for me when i acquire a heroic rat.
    CC: Sold up and moved on
    KA: 227 478 302
    MW: 176 838 388

Consistent Contributor Namine33's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
    a heroic rat.
    ROUS's? I dont think they exist!
    Namine -
    821-146-375
    Rogue: 190k attack at lvl 112 w/173allies
    (update) 2.8M/3.4M at lvl 143 w/500allies

Post Count
    You mean the Rabid Rat 499/501
    Kingdom Age:
    541-130-719
    378-473-726

Lurker
    Post Count
    I've spent $0, but would never criticise anyone for how they spend their money - each to their own. The really big spenders do fascinate me however as I can't understand the motivation behind it. The football analogy is good but it doesn't quite follow, as if you are a football fanatic, your expenditure gets you a very different experience - a VIP booth, a night in a hotel etc. I can't see how spending megebucks in KA would make it all that different than for a free or light gem spender. I was thrilled when my mostly free guild got into the top 200 - I'm not sure it would have felt any different if i'd spent money and was fighting for a top 3 spot. not a criticism, just an observation

Consistent Contributor Namine33's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Tilly View Post
    I've spent $0, but would never criticise anyone for how they spend their money - each to their own. The really big spenders do fascinate me however as I can't understand the motivation behind it. The football analogy is good but it doesn't quite follow, as if you are a football fanatic, your expenditure gets you a very different experience - a VIP booth, a night in a hotel etc. I can't see how spending megebucks in KA would make it all that different than for a free or light gem spender. I was thrilled when my mostly free guild got into the top 200 - I'm not sure it would have felt any different if i'd spent money and was fighting for a top 3 spot. not a criticism, just an observation
    Not that I have, but I'd rather spend $1000 in this game than a VIP booth at a football game, but thats just me.... /shrug
    Namine -
    821-146-375
    Rogue: 190k attack at lvl 112 w/173allies
    (update) 2.8M/3.4M at lvl 143 w/500allies

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zesder View Post
    You mean the Rabid Rat 499/501
    Rat (h) 1305/700

Apparently it is an order of magnitude more effective in attack than a dragon. I have debated many people over exactly how this may be. I still view this unit as the stupidest thing ever done by the developers.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Namine33 View Post
    ROUS's? I dont think they exist!
    This made me smile.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LordB View Post
    Hackstrol is also brilliant at online chess.... He has a really strong chess engine telling him the moves and he types them in
    That is very funny..lol.