Dragons v. LTQ - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragons v. LTQ

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny0284 View Post
    Sure. They're worthless.Bring your indestructibles. I'll bring mine.Bring your High Priests and Hydras. I'll bring my Dragons.Guess who's walking away?
    LOL, well said Jonny! Dragons helped me build my stats more quickly than any other bought unit or equipment. These increases enabled better performance in quests and Boss events. Both goals are not mutually exclusive. That said, BD10 is trickier to achieve these days. I say, enjoy the LTDs while keeping your eyes open for an opportunity for your next BD UG.
    KA - Trini

Post Count
    I´m glad I already have my BD10 and I think dragons are still valuable, as it takes a lot of quests to get 1500 units out of it.
    But I would like to see a stronger unit purchasable for gold, e.g. a ´black dragon` with double stats than normal, or something like that
    ID 941 689 850

Consistent Contributor itsaklayton's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pophai View Post
    I´m glad I already have my BD10 and I think dragons are still valuable, as it takes a lot of quests to get 1500 units out of it. But I would like to see a stronger unit purchasable for gold, e.g. a ´black dragon` with double stats than normal, or something like that
    I second it.
    Lady Vishna 305-117-374
    {sA-} (Founder and Officer)
    Owner of DAUTHUS
    Owner of DALETH - 9th Guild to Receive
    Battle for Shipwreck Cove - 15th
    Dagon's Delta - 22nd; Glacial Pass - 15th; Giant's Alley - 14th
    Darkhome - 13th; Dwarven Mines - 12th; Blighted Woods - 14th; Dragon's Roost - 25th

Post Count
    I think if you are going for bd 10 this is the best time to do it. Now that you can only hit someone 10? times before they are too weak, you will lose a lot less money during an attack AND ltqs usually drop great money after each step so it would be faster collecting the money. ~ my 2 cents

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...361#post486361
    SKILL POINT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Shhhhhhh I can't let on that your really my favourite, keep this between you and me!

Post Count
    Certainly one of the downsides to relying on LTQ units is the leveling up it takes to get them. Up 10 levels in the last 18 days, and even with all the indestructibles gained, I am still fielding a lot of High Priests when attacked.
    Ents are trees in a hurry.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Honestly, this is the death knell for campers above level 30 or so. I'm in the high 60s and have been camping there for a while and it's no longer possible to go overvault. Not with every Tom, Richard, and Harry and their mom and their dog with >100k stats from the LTQs they've done in the last couple of months. I've been camping for about 6 months, and I'm reconsidering my strategy when someone who has less than 2k IPH and barely any unit buildings can attack me. I've spoken before on the benefits of camping, and the fact that there is no incentive to level. These long accepted tenets of camping are simply no longer true in this brave new world. The boss event rewards are jokes compared to the LTQs, and the dragons that everyone has been camping to purchase are also not very useful compared to freely obtainable 1k stat units. Gree has finally managed to incentivize levelling to the point where camping may not be a viable option for much longer, as you'll simply be passing on units for no reason. Without the absolute necessity of dragons to survive, IPH building may become archaic as well. But, the catch will always be: the LTQs are also available to the whales, and 10 levels in one LTQ will push you that much closer to getting owned by someone with more money than sense. I'm kind of demoralized by these changes to the game, but I guess I'll have to adapt to actually using that blue bar on a regular basis. Change sucks, but that's life. The only reason to camp (for those still under level 30) is that if you are absolutely positively sure that you will never ever ever level up, which is kind of boring. I always subscribed to the rule that you camped so that you would be more competitive at higher levels than someone who just blazed their way up. As it stands, the person who blazed their way up is actually more competitive.

One thing that I hope the developers of this game will come to realize: camping was the only way for a free player to even hope to compete. Now that it's not really an option, I'd expect your player base to become more and more dissatisfied, and your gem players will have nobody to pick on. This will not be good for the game as a whole. I realize you wanted to encourage levelling, but this is not the way. The reason we were avoiding levelling was to put off the day when we looked around and realized that we couldn't compete. That day is now fast approaching, and this game literally revolves around having a lot of players. Do the math.

As a method for solving the problem of players not levelling, I recommend fixing the root cause: gem purchase gives entirely too much of an advantage. This, combined with the fact that they are also too expensive for their value, makes it into just another class warfare problem. If you dropped the stats on the gem purchases, while simultaneously reducing the price, I think you'd find that you'd make more money, and the playerbase as a whole would be much happier.
    Last edited by Shinazueli; 03-20-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by marebear View Post
    I think if you are going for bd 10 this is the best time to do it. Now that you can only hit someone 10? times before they are too weak, ~ my 2 cents
    The reverse of this is you can't loot people of their gold as easy... so really it takes longer to build up that gold, and you are over vault for a longer time.. I'd take the 20 hits back. ;-)

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    Honestly, this is the death knell for campers above level 30 or so... gem purchase gives entirely too much of an advantage.
    Rumor has it that Gree is set to punch their profits by 40% from gem-spenders skyward with the advent of KA guild wars. I'd say there's no end in sight to this fundraising strategy on their part.

Quick math: The top 10 CC factions spent $1000usd per member to get that ranking in this past weekend's pvp battles. That's $500k (real dollars) weekend profit from only 600 players in one game.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by aphroKEN View Post
    Camping is still the best decision for a free player.

Campers may choose to stop camping and participate in LTQs. Their stats may rise but they will move into more dangerous territory with each LTQ they progress through. They get relatively weaker each time they level and will be more exposed to strong hitters.

These LTQs are really designed for gem spenders.
    As I said, below level 30, that's a fair strategy, as most of the LTQs aren't available down there. Up here in the 60s, it's not working any more. I'm seeing (fairly regularly) 100k+ people on my battle list, and invariable they have no IPH to speak of and just about every LTQ unit released in their inventory. They don't have to finish the LTQs, it's enough to make up the difference in stats without them.

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Not really, if you add up the stats til level 40 of the current LTQ (which was the level I obtained completely free this morning, no gems, balanced skill point spec) you get about 80% of the stats (and like 60% of the xp, the last five are HARD) as someone who completed it. And that's a LOT of stats.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    My point isn't that the gain is worth the xp. My point is that last week or so, after several (7) months of camping in the 60s, I started seeing people pop up on my battle list near my stats. That hadn't happened, ever. I lost over two million gold in a week, and every time I'd look at my attacker, it was always someone who'd almost completed every LTQ until now. So LTQs gave them enough stats to beat a loooooong term camper. There's literally nothing money can buy me in my army that will allow me to compete with 20k + stat increase LTQs. Other than participating in them myself. Camping above the level at which LTQs become available is dead.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    My point isn't that the gain is worth the xp. My point is that last week or so, after several (7) months of camping in the 60s, I started seeing people pop up on my battle list near my stats. That hadn't happened, ever. I lost over two million gold in a week, and every time I'd look at my attacker, it was always someone who'd almost completed every LTQ until now. So LTQs gave them enough stats to beat a loooooong term camper. There's literally nothing money can buy me in my army that will allow me to compete with 20k + stat increase LTQs. Other than participating in them myself. Camping above the level at which LTQs become available is dead.
    Ya camping is dead and so is playing the game as a free player. If you dont blow few hundred bucks on the LTQ, you are guaranteed to get ****d and pillaged by players who started a month ago.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Yeah if I'd foreseen this I'd have camped at thirty. That's the only safe place for campers now.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    if you don't increase your stats whats the use of even playing?
    I don''t mean it in a derogatory way, can you please explain to me what you get out of the game?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos View Post
    if you don't increase your stats whats the use of even playing?
    I don''t mean it in a derogatory way, can you please explain to me what you get out of the game?
    I won't take it badly then. When I started playing this game (upon release) I messed up very badly and was over level 100 before I knew it. I used my wife's phone to delete my account and start over, semi camping, only levelling for boss events. I was able to build a Very Strong Economy that way. I was putting off BD10, because I had sugarplum pipe dreams of being able to build level 10 manors. I made it to level 6 three weeks ago. I was saving for level 7s two weeks ago when the wave of players who started playing 3-4 months ago and have just about completed every LTQ released so far (and almost no other units to speak of) started showing up on my radar. Even a weeks worth of warning that I was about to get rick rolled would have allowed me to easily get bd10, I had millions for months overvault. Overnight, the game has changed. I can't go 3 gold overvault now without some idiot who has absolutely no concept of strategy comes and tries to take some of my cheese. To say I'm a little bitter about the whole switcheroo they've pulled is an understatement. If I'd realized I would have turned out being morons' ATMs, I would have quit, but now I've invested literally a year of my life into this little box of pixels and I don't want to let it to so ignonimously.

As far as your original question : what I USED to get out of this game was the knowledge that unless someone was willing and able to spend fairly large sums of money, I could play my little kingdom building free from the fear of other players. Even the gem players who would occasionally hit me would level past me very quickly. Now, idiots and douches that can drain their blue bar a few times a day can steal what I've spent a year building; and there's no respite from the onslaught of idiocy because there's an endless wave of the lemmings on their way from moronville en route to the shark pool.

I think that's enough of an explanation, it's certainly more than the developer of this game has ever bothered to spend 15 minutes of their time to type out.
    Last edited by Shinazueli; 03-21-2013 at 11:30 PM.