Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thanks for the great explanation!

Personnaly, I never saw a higher stat than my real stat so that would mean I always got negative or null dices since egypt started! Weird...

Each time I level up since i start to play MW, i almost always put most of the 3 points in attack skills so that would explain why my stats can vary this much (in my situation: I'm lv61 with attack of 28k but it varies between 18k and 28k).

My conclusion would be that I shouldn't have put any points in attack skills so i don't leave anything to luck (if i follow your formula): The more skill you have, the more risk!

I understand that they leave some stuff to luck, but I don't understand why those skill points can be used against us!
    Last edited by Arnaud; 03-11-2013 at 06:44 AM.
    Please PM if looking to join a consistent Top40 faction both in WD and FL.

I am not proclaiming that my explanation is entirely accurate on the mechanics - but I do know my algebra - so the math is correct - no matter how you get there

BTW - I have over 300 on defense and I know that it causes major casualties on my rivals - plus many times a get a post that says - "tough nut to crack" - so I have to think I did good to get my defense up :P
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

@Mcdoc... Have you thought about trying to factor in any of the so called stat bonuses that we get from various items, factions, and boost buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by elangomatt View Post
    @Mcdoc... Have you thought about trying to factor in any of the so called stat bonuses that we get from various items, factions, and boost buildings?
    Those numbers are perhaps already accounted for in the boosted stats - but even if they are not - they would be a constant in the equation and the variations I reported would still be accurate
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

Quote Originally Posted by milankovitch View Post
    Hell, what ARE my stats??? Android user showing roughly 56/90. other people in faction see me as 45/55. Lose fights to people with stats i shouldn't. When I look at other people's stats i don't even know if what I am seeing is correct. What I see is certainly different than what people in my faction tell me their stats are showing them.
    What's the deal?
    Also - remember that people who are the same flag as you will see your Nation Boost - whereas others will see a more raw score - so when you ask for a stat check - you will get different results based on their flag.

Hey Mcdoc,

I'm seeing wild swings in my attack score when doing multiple attacks on the same player. Boosts, skill points etc, should remain static since it is the same player.

Would the "random" factor account for a 25% swing in stats against the same player?

Quote Originally Posted by Peppers View Post
    Hey Mcdoc,

I'm seeing wild swings in my attack score when doing multiple attacks on the same player. Boosts, skill points etc, should remain static since it is the same player.

Would the "random" factor account for a 25% swing in stats against the same player?
    I have stated this before the "swing" actually takes my attack and defense below the posted values. In effect this removes my boosts. I have seen my attack go as low as 2k to 3k less than my current visible boosted attack. In my opinion my stats should never go below the my visible boosted stat. what the point of boosts if they are removed a good portion of the time.
    Just a little ole friend with a hockey mask and my lucky machete!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnaud View Post
    Thanks for the great explanation!

. . .My conclusion would be that I shouldn't have put any points in attack skills so i don't leave anything to luck (if i follow your formula): The more skill you have, the more risk!

I understand that they leave some stuff to luck, but I don't understand why those skill points can be used against us!
    You made me think today about your conclusion - what IF you remove the X factor by not having a SINGLE point in Attack or Def?

I have another IOS device that has no MW game on it - I am going to start up "Test Pilot" with NO skills going to Attack or Defense to test out if your theory can actually cut out the fluctuation of points entirely . . . . hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Philly982 View Post
    Thanks Mcdoc. I thought that what was going on, but it is nice to hear it from a respected Senior Member. Now only if Android could see the attack / defense scores we could use your logic to find out if the Android 'boosted' stats are accurate. I have heard that Android sees raw stats + faction bonuses + building bonuses (Composite Factory),have tried calculating by hand, but the stats still seem a little inflated. Nonetheless, I think this is a different problem and not necessarily for this thread.
    On the Android 'no stats' Issue: the latest update (3.6.3 build 42) introduces stats in the result screen!!
    Modern War
    --
    1) Name : Tabor
    Alliance ID : 683-947-993
    Faction ID : 207-495-340 (Ranger Eagles)
    2) Name : Tabor BS
    Alliance ID : 239-430-412

Crime City
    --
    3) Name : Tabor
    Mafia ID : 545-436-088
    Syndicate ID : 287-357-092 (Delta Force 1)
    4) Name : Tabor BS
    Mafia ID : 627-598-077
    Syndicate ID : 287-357-092 (Delta Force 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoc View Post
    You made me think today about your conclusion - what IF you remove the X factor by not having a SINGLE point in Attack or Def?
    Well, the thing is you start with 1 so no matter what, there will be a fluctuation at least equivalent to X!

This is why I was saying it is unfair: the more skill you have, the bigger the risk can be!

In Greenland, I didn't have a fluctuation this important though! In my case, it could be up to -30% of my boosted attack! (so way more than 30% of my none boosted attack). And it has never been bigger than my boosted attack. Statistically, I should have had more or less 50% to be above/below, not 100% chance to be below!

I'm LV61, boosted attack during B4E was 28k (26k without the boost) but it could be as low as 18k. My attack skill is 80. If I follow your formula, it's just impossible, X would be too important!

Not sure but i feel like several people had the same feeling in my Faction.

Prob not related, but I also noticed my casualty rate was much more important during the battle to Egypt VS PVP (or even VS Greeland)

I found one player with stats showing 10k AT&T/10k defense. But when doing attack his defense are consistently at 28k to 30k. How can it be?

Quote Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
    I found one player with stats showing 10k AT&T/10k defense. But when doing attack his defense are consistently at 28k to 30k. How can it be?
    All kinds of hidden boosts that you can't see - just like others only see your RAW stats - not your nation boost - faction boost - special unit award boosts - at low levels it seems high for those swings - but when you're up at level 200 - a 30k swing in each direction is the norm - so a 60k difference sometimes - see my math above.

By the way - i DID create a new LLP - Test Pilot - so help me out with getting some Data intel - Allie up: 218-924-252

I am using Android. The update this morning shows the A/D finally but I am seeing a massive swing in my stats as well. Alliance attack according to my profile is 514 k. In my 60 fights today I have seen 234k to 414k as my attack value in the results screen.

DEFENSE LEADER

Quote Originally Posted by digisyn View Post
    Alliance attack according to my profile is 514 k. In my 60 fights today I have seen 234k to 414k as my attack value in the results screen.
    Wow, that's even worse than me! Up to 60% of decrease!