Upcoming Change: Eased Level Restrictions To Access Some Maps

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Upcoming Change: Eased Level Restrictions To Access Some Maps

Upcoming Change: Eased Level Restrictions To Access Some Maps

Hey all,

We have an upcoming change (the plan is for next week) which will significantly reduce the minimum level required to access many of the maps in the game. We want people to be able to take part in the Limited Time Quests, and we've had a lot of feedback on this. If anyone has any questions about this please let me know, and I'll be posting more as we get closer to that. The effects will be most noticeable for some of the higher-level maps.

Regards,

Chris

Post Count
    This would definetly hurt the lower players if higher maps were to be access thru LTQ as more energy would be use?

Ok now... Can we get updates on Guild events please
    The1nONLY
    WORLD 2

The Corporation

Post Count
    Wouldn't it be better just to remove the units from these maps after the LTQ has finished as the still spawn on these maps and cause a lot of Glitches and frustration to players using Ipad1 and so forth ?
    Some maps are totally over run by LTQ units , too many for the 1 map , or spread the event over 4 maps instead of 1

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The1nONLY View Post
    This would definetly hurt the lower players if higher maps were to be access thru LTQ as more energy would be use?

Ok now... Can we get updates on Guild events please
    I would think KA will get the role Lu after Crime cities first event. I too am looking forward to guilds in KA

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraka View Post
    I would think KA will get the role Lu after Crime cities first event. I too am looking forward to guilds in KA
    Then you will join who? ......
    The1nONLY
    WORLD 2

The Corporation

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The1nONLY View Post
    Then you will join who? ......
    well I have someone in mind if they wanted me !!!!

Oh and I do like a gem or two
    Last edited by Baraka; 02-14-2013 at 01:32 AM.

Consistent Contributor bobfishcake's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratma2001 View Post
    Wouldn't it be better just to remove the units from these maps after the LTQ has finished as the still spawn on these maps and cause a lot of Glitches and frustration to players using Ipad1 and so forth ?
    Some maps are totally over run by LTQ units , too many for the 1 map , or spread the event over 4 maps instead of 1
    The focus for Gree developers seems that the only work on income generating projects. For example here they want to make sure everyone can play ltq's

Its a shame because there appears to be numerous small things they could do to improve the playability of the game. But alas theres almost zero development outside ltq's

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Can we expect any other changes besides the name change and map level restriction? Like ratma said I have a iPad 1 and my game crashes all the time now due to the overrun with monsters on the maps. Also will there every be new honor units cause this is also really neede?

Banned
    Post Count
    CJ, please get the devs to fix the issues first! We all love the new stuff but as some have said the LTQ have created a few issues with maps. Some of the map events haven't even worked properly since.

As The1 said, more info on the Guild Wars please?

Quote Originally Posted by Proprioc3ption View Post
    CJ, please get the devs to fix the issues first! We all love the new stuff but as some have said the LTQ have created a few issues with maps. Some of the map events haven't even worked properly since.

As The1 said, more info on the Guild Wars please?
    We've actually been steadily mowing down outstanding issues for awhile now, it's just been hard to see since most of the outstanding issues are things that don't affect everyone. The map stuff is a pain in the rear, but we'll get that sorted. I'll have more info on secret upcoming spoilery awesomeness the moment any of that crosses my desk, but until then I can't say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bobfishcake View Post
    Its a shame because there appears to be numerous small things they could do to improve the playability of the game. But alas theres almost zero development outside ltq's
    We are always down to hear more of the numerous small things to improve playability. That info tends to be spread around in a lot of places.

The vast majority of the time, if it looks like we're not doing much other than what's currently in the game, it means we have our heads down working on new stuff to put into the game. Before the LTQs there was the same sentiment, and then we brought out the LTQs. Next it'll be something else (see comment above about upcoming spoilery awesomeness). The main thing above all else is to keep people engaged (i.e. playing), and the LTQs have been good for that. So yes we're going to open them up so more people can get in on it.

Also, in response to an earlier comment, I don't think it's going to hurt lower level players. The biggest changes are happening at the higher maps, and past a certain point the skill points that people put into energy does not have a linear curve on average. Also, it's giving them something they may not have been able to do at all before. "Spend a proportionally larger amount of energy than the guy ten levels above you" is better than "not be able to participate at all" in that it provides a choice.

Banned
    Post Count
    Upcoming awesomeness. I loooove it. Thanks for the update CJ sure it's soon.

Post Count
    Please...Please...PLEASE fix the maps. I have been locked out of "The Temple of Abaad" since one of the first LTQ's came out. I'm pretty sure it's due to all the beasties running around in there having a party. Now, whenever I do a LTQ, I always end up killing one more mob than necessary so that they will stop spawning and don't lock me out of another map. However, when the next LTQ that involves the temple comes out...I'll be unable to finish it which could put me at a disadvantage. I have used the help / support / what the deuce button but only received the basic "We got your message...why you crying?" response. Please...for the love of Gems...fix the maps and kick all those vagrant mobs out of my Temple.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Altergray View Post
    Please...Please...PLEASE fix the maps. I have been locked out of "The Temple of Abaad" since one of the first LTQ's came out. I'm pretty sure it's due to all the beasties running around in there having a party. Now, whenever I do a LTQ, I always end up killing one more mob than necessary so that they will stop spawning and don't lock me out of another map. However, when the next LTQ that involves the temple comes out...I'll be unable to finish it which could put me at a disadvantage. I have used the help / support / what the deuce button but only received the basic "We got your message...why you crying?" response. Please...for the love of Gems...fix the maps and kick all those vagrant mobs out of my Temple.
    This is imperative. Please fix these problems.
    Kingdom Age:
    541-130-719
    378-473-726

Post Count
    so everyone is welcome now to play the LTQ , but... a player level 100+ cant get even close to completing the quests , a level 25 player that "will" be allowed to play will not even finish 25% of it... GREE just wants to make players level up so it becomes harder and harder for them to get decent units and be forced to buy gems if they want to keep it up ... in the end its gonna ruin the game ... whoever pays more will have a front row seat ... the majority will be left outside
    Kingdom Age 238-864-928 P3rfUZZI3

AT MY SIGNAL UNLEASH HELL !!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Yes please! I am still locked out! I always try to reload the game and restart my iPad!
    -Dia