Android Crashes

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Android Crashes

Post Count

Angry Android Crashes

Anyone else sick of and experience hundreds of Android MW crashes a day, having to force end, task manage end, have it just lock up, even have to reboot? This game is THE ONLY APP on my device I've ever had to do it with and it's every day. When are they going to fix this crap! Pretty annoyed
    WD- Greenland : Rank 24th
    Team MilSpec - 48 Slots
    I am the Faction Leader - Callsign - Diesel

30% Building Defense
    30% Air Defense Bonus
    30% Ground Defense Forces Bonus
    30% Infantry Defense Bonus
    30% Sea Defense
    25% Health Regen
    25% Casualty Reduction
    25% Infantry Attack
    20% Money Building Boost
    20% Ground Attack
    20% Air Attack
    10% Sea Attack

Apply: 347-861-124

If you apply PM me here with your Level & Stats, thanks!

Post Count
    Started happening to me recently, before the LE set i wasn't crashing at all..

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    We have 2 droids and 2 apple devices. Droids crash, lock up and buildings disappear constantly. It did get better for a few days, but now it's back to same thing. Apple dev's work much better, but ipad2 now goes into snail slow mode.

Post Count
    it's unfortunate they don't care about Android users
    Team MilSpec - 48 Slots

30% Building Defense
    30% Air Defense Bonus
    30% Sea Defense
    25% Health Regen
    25% Casualty Reduction
    25% Infantry Attack
    20% Money Building Boost
    20% Ground Attack
    20% Air Attack
    10% Sea Attack

Banned
    Post Count
    Same here...only app that crashes on my mobile, and the need for a reboot several times a day.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    running kindle fire here (android)... always getting issues... tons of crashes daily....

Verbose Veteran Ph4ntom Stranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yup I'm very annoyed with all the crashing as well. Crashes every time I hit someone a few times in a row, crashes trying to travel to a rival base and even allies bases, it's even crashing in the middle of fighting the boss which throws off how many times I can hit him. Getting very old very quick. It needs to be updated soon!

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Lightbulb

Possible solution guys:
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?45441

Add scratchers to the list of crashes, PS :P
    |Android|Level 73|662-896-691|IPH 947k (908k*)|Captain-2|Россия|iBOB|
    *Realistic IPH; not counting <1h buildings, 1h-75%, 3h-33%, 6h-25%, 8h+ 100%
    Strategy: Strictly free player! Camping - except during events!
    Event history: #1T:0 #2T:9 #3A:14 #4A:14 #5T:9 #6T:10! #7A:15 #8T:10! #9A:14 #10B:1R #11A:12 #12B:1R #13T:10! #14B:1R #15T:9 #16B:0R0C #17A:16 #18B:1U #19T:9 #20B:1R2U #21W:T1k #22B:2R3U #23A:21 #24B:3U #25W:T100 #26A:20 #27B:2R3U #28T:9 #29W:T100

Consistent Contributor Chuck Nuts's Avatar
    Post Count
    Modern War is the only app that is not rock solid on my Android. I even play Crime City on my Android phone with only an occasional glitch ... oh yeah, and the fact that they delay the CC updates for Gree players so we usually don't get new content until several days after the iOS folks.

This game is broken on Android. Some recent change has made it much worse. Stop adding new buildings and messing with vault sizes until you have fixed the basic software problems!!!

Don't advertise this game as "cross platform" until you get the only other major platform working.
    You can't get ahead if you spend all your time trying to get even.

Post Count
    Here is my log of crashes so far this morning:

1. Fresh boot of my cell phone, full battery and strong wireless connection. CC starts fine, collect all my income, check my news, close CC, no problems. Start MW, locked up when I hit "Scratch All" on my free scratcher. Waited, eventually got the "Modern War is not responding" message.

2. Hit the OK button in the error message to close MW. Automatically tries to restart the game, but the progress bar freezes at the opening screen. Let it sit for over 30 minutes. No change, so hit the home button and then my shortcut to Force Stop and restart MW.

3. Third boot of the morning. Scratcher shows up again, but also freezes again when I hit "Scratch All". This time I don't wait for the "not responding" message and I just use my shortcut to Force Stop and restart.

4. Fourth restart of the morning, locks up on the opening screen again. Force stop and restart... getting less patient at this point.

5. Fifth startup of MW and this time no free scratcher (woo-hoo!) but unfortunately I only get a blank desert and the "base failed to load" error message. At least this time I can properly exit the game instead of doing a force stop.

6. Unfortunately, exiting the game properly does not help because once again it freezes during the start screen and fairly quickly I get the "not responding" error message.

7. Hit OK on the error message and this time it just closes the app, but doesn't try to restart it. So I tap the icon to start it up again. Joy, this time I get three splash screens and after Xing them then I can see my base with about 70% of my buildings. ....70% of my buildings is actually pretty good compared to the times when I can only see about 5 defensive buildings and my composites factory.... funny how my composites factory is always visible even though it is the one building that I would really like to be invisible.

8. Collect income from my visible buildings. I don't think that I have collected anything from my Oil Rigs in over two weeks now because they are never visible.... I only know that they are still there because when I try to move one of my Desalinization plants I can still see the squares that are occupied by my Oil Rigs.

9. Got a little cash, so try to put it in my vault. Freeze with a spinning timer circle on my screen for about 10 minutes before I finally decide to use my Force Stop shortcut again.

10. Another restart freezes with the progress bar at about 80% on the opening screen. Home, Force Stop, restart again.

11. This time when the game starts again, I get a splash screen showing that my Faction lost a WD battle against a blank rival with zero domination points.... not sure what that's about, but I hit X and now I can see my base again. A few more buildings are visible this time, joy!!!

12. I vault my cash successfully this time, joy!!! Next I go to my rivals list to attack someone so that I can trigger the boss event. I already know that I cannot visit a rival's base so I only do blind attacks from my rivals list. First attack, success! Splash screen with the results. Second attack, success, but this time most of the unit icons are blank on the splash screen. Third attack, the diagonal doors come about half way closed and the game sits there with the "vs." logo in the middle. I think that this means that the boss was triggered but it locked up the game.

13. Force Stop, restart, freeze during opening screen with "not responding" message.

14. OK, game does not restart automatically so I tap the icon. Game loads back to my base, but this time I can only see 12 buildings out of 94. I'm used to it. I want to battle the boss so keep going. Quick look at my goals icon does not show the little yield sign, so apparently I didn't actually trigger the boss last time when it locked up.

15. Blind attack from my rivals list. Success splash screen, but unit icons are all blank.... that never bodes well.

16. X the splash screen then another blind attack from my rivals list. Success splash screen and this time it does trigger the boss. Unfortunately, when I hit the "fight" button then I only see the background for the boss battle and two health bars, but the Attack button does nothing but make the timer icon spin. However, if I hit the back button then it at least makes the spinning timer go away and I can hit the "retreat" button from the boss screen and I'm back at my rivals list.

17. No use, when I try another blind attack from my rivals list then the diagonal doors try to close, but they get jammed about half way and the game is frozen again.

18. Force Stop, restart, lock at the opening screen.

19. Force stop, restart, back to my base and it looks like about 30% of my buildings are visible. No worries, I want to battle that boss. This time I go straight to the yield icon on my Goals icon.

20. Opens the boss splash screen, but this time I cannot see the face of the tycoon boss and all of the prize icons are blank. No worries, this is normal and I still may be able to battle the boss. Open the boss battle screen and it is solid bright red, but there is my little dude and the tycoon boss is visible so we'll call it good. Attack, Attack, Attack, wait for a minute, Attack, Attack.... freeze.

21. Force stop, restart, let it sit for a while on the opening screen with the progress bar at 80%. Eventually "not responding message", click OK and the game does nothing... just sits there with the "not responding" error message stuck on my screen. Alright, this is still something that I'm used to, so I hit the home button... still stuck.... home, back, power button... nothing, just the "not responding" error message. Hit my power button a few more times... can't even put my phone into standby.... OK, hold down the power button for 5 seconds, power down.

22. Power my phone back on, wait, tap the Modern War icon. Pass the opening screen, but my base is a blank desert and I get the "Chuck Nuts base was unable to load" message. Back button, would you like to shutdown? Yes. Wait.

23. Tap the MW icon again and this time it loads, I can see my base and about 30-40% of the buildings, but for some reason all of the numbers in the little tabs across the top of the screen are just dash marks. Eh, seen it before. The yield symbol is gone from my goals folder icon, so I hope that means that I beat the boss with my last attack before it locked up.

24. Go to my profile and my inventory. Try to search through my inventory to see if I have received any prize unit from the last battle. Works fine when I scroll through my Infantry and Air units, but locks when I click the tab for my Sea units.

25. Force Stop, restart, freeze during opening screen.

26. Force stop, restart, I can see some fraction of my base again. This time I just go to my Goals folder icon, then I go to the Tycoon Boss mission and I can see that it has incremented up one more time, so it does look like I beat the boss that last time.

27. I don't know what unit I won from the last boss and I can't see how much cash I have because it is just a dash mark at the top of my screen, but I should have some unvaulted cash now so I go to my vault. Freeze while opening the vault screen.

28. Done for the morning. I beat the boss and I'm sure that I've got some unvaulted cash now, but not worth another restart. Force stop, but this time I do not restart. I'll wait for an hour or two until my boss health has recharged and then I'll try it again.

Did anyone read this all the way to the end? I can't imagine anyone did because the only thing more annoying than playing Modern War on an Android phone is reading about someone trying to play Modern War on an Android phone.

The game has been bad ever since I had more than about 20 buildings on my base. It got a LOT better for graphics reliability and smoothness of sliding around on the screen when I got the Jelly Bean software update for my phone, but it still locked up a lot. It has gotten much worse very recently and I don't know if it is related to having the Arctic Mining Rigs on my base or perhaps the new LE splash screen or the new boss event. Regardless of the cause, if it does not improve before the Battle for Greenland then Android players are going to be virtually useless to their factions.

I have submitted tickets and I either get no response or the generic "We are aware of the problem and working hard to fix it" .... but I have some of those responses that are over 10 months old and the problem has not improved at all.

PLEASE HELP, GREE!!!

Post Count
    I was just able to "CLEAR ALL DATA" in app management

it deleted 250 mb of data

retsrated game base was gone untill it pushed a data download

Seems a little smoother and is only taking up 39mb right now
    Team MilSpec - 48 Slots

30% Building Defense
    30% Air Defense Bonus
    30% Sea Defense
    25% Health Regen
    25% Casualty Reduction
    25% Infantry Attack
    20% Money Building Boost
    20% Ground Attack
    20% Air Attack
    10% Sea Attack

Post Count
    I have never seen mine report any more than about 35meg of data for the Modern War app.

Post Count
    The new update for Android software has made remarkable improvements. If you haven't downloaded it yet, then do it now because it is wonderful!

Today was the first time in over 8 months that I was able to go through all of my stamina points without having to Force Stop at least once.

I was also able to visit two rival's bases in a row without Force Stopping the game.... most of the buildings were invisible on the second base that I visited, but I'm still going to throw a little party in celebration of the fact that I am no longer bound exclusively to my base and attacking blindly from my rivals list!

Today is also the first time in many months that I could see every building on my base at the same time. Many buildings went invisible after I travelled to a rival's base and then returned back to my base, but I don't care because I finally saw all of my buildings on the screen at the same time! Joy!!!

Thank you Gree developers!!!! I was really starting to believe that you had abandoned Android altogether since things have only been getting progressively worse in the past few months, but you have definitely fixed a major bug in the Android software and I thank you for your efforts. The game still locks up at the free scratcher in the morning and occasionally when I try to go to my vault or visit too make rival bases in a row, but at least the game is playable now.

The new additions to our Profile Stats screen are excellent. Exactly what we have all been asking for months. Good work!

I take back most of the bad things that I ever said about you guys ;-)

We fixed a memory leak that was happening in the rivals list, that should improve things a lot.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks CJ! Base doesn't disappear nearly as fast now!