My decision to post pone the Breeding Den 9 & 10 runs.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My decision to post pone the Breeding Den 9 & 10 runs.

Post Count

Post My decision to post pone the Breeding Den 9 & 10 runs.

Throughout the day I have accumulated over $300k to a whopping $405k that I sat around with for about an hour. I even felt bad raiding someone who was over vaulted in their own efforts it appeared, for Breeding Den 8.

I may be pretty well off for stats against even 300+ and some 400+ ally count. My PvP report is pretty green in those regards.

But, in the end I purchased another 45 Hydras. And, dwindled it down. Why? Here's my strategy being at such a higher level player making this run.

If I shoot for 333 Allies, it means I'll bring in 999 units to Battle. I've been farming a lot of decent Weapons/Armor and I know that my entire army will not be utilizing 0/3 & 1/5 equipment. lol It also means that my Atk / Def will be roughly 100k/100k. I have not seen a single high ally count player in my PvP screen with those numbers. It means I'll stand a chance to have an honest defense against the raiders.

What do you guys think? I'm at 215 Allies with 685 Hydras. At a rate of adding nearly 20-30 a day I can reach my target, settle down, start adding the Allies and brace myself.
    Knights & Dragons
    My Code: XBB - HBY - YPD
    Level 101

Consistent Contributor itsaklayton's Avatar
    Post Count

Waiting on Breeding Den

Me too! I am anxious to here the guidance and suggestions (and probably a few criticisms) of your approach. I am nearing your level, bunt don't do much PvP. Trying to build as much as I can afford and keeping a low profile while I move along. I have used some gems along the way. I have tried to read everything on the Forum, and incorporate as much as possible into my game. Well, thanks again for posting this.
    Lady Vishna 305-117-374
    {sA-} (Founder and Officer)
    Owner of DAUTHUS
    Owner of DALETH - 9th Guild to Receive
    Battle for Shipwreck Cove - 15th
    Dagon's Delta - 22nd; Glacial Pass - 15th; Giant's Alley - 14th
    Darkhome - 13th; Dwarven Mines - 12th; Blighted Woods - 14th; Dragon's Roost - 25th

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny0284 View Post
    What do you guys think? I'm at 215 Allies with 685 Hydras. At a rate of adding nearly 20-30 a day I can reach my target, settle down, start adding the Allies and brace myself.
    I am level 129 with 499 allies (146k attack and 138k def) and find that roughly 40% of the people in my attack list have less than 100k attack or defense (many actually in the 60k-80k bracket) and no BD10. However, the higher you go, the more likely you will find people with dragon armies.

It also depends on your style of play. If you just want to PvE, build your economy (ensuring you collect regularly) and participate in events and try to stay away from PvP you will most likely survive and just be hit upon by people completing quests etc. However, if PvP is your thing, you will need stronger figures than the ones you have and/or are aiming for.

One thing also to bear in mind is that alot of the people in the higher levels, levelled up quickly and are now starting to realise that there are many people who camped or semi camped in the lower levels to get to BD10 and BK10 and who are now progressing up the levels with some massive att and def figures and who are steam rolling over everyone.

If you do decide to go for the BD9 & BD10 run, its not impossible at your level.

Ave Atque Vale

Post Count
    What I dont get is why people never go full allies (500)? The higher level players can still see,find you even with your low allies count.

By maximising your allies it boost your stats even more.
    The1nONLY
    WORLD 2

The Corporation

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The1nONLY View Post
    What I dont get is why people never go full allies (500)? The higher level players can still see,find you even with your low allies count.

By maximising your allies it boost your stats even more.
    This.^^

Also, I've said it elsewhere... It doesn't matter how many people are below you on the battle list. It only matters how many are above you. It only takes one. Also, you are fast approaching whale zone, sir, so if you want to build a BD10, you'd best apply the brakes to experience, or you will have a MUCH harder time in ten levels or so.
    KA : 831745853
    BnB is recruiting : http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-is-recruiting
    MW: 301523231

Fortune doesn't favor the bold, that's stupid. Fortune favors the intelligent, prepared, and patient. - Me, 2012

Please stop complaining about how bad Gree is at <fill in the blank>. A cursory search of the forums with the keywords 'Gree' and 'sucks' should let you see that we already know. - Me, 2013

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny0284 View Post
    I'm at 215 Allies with 685 Hydras. At a rate of adding nearly 20-30 a day I can reach my target, settle down, start adding the Allies and brace myself.
    Well, with 215 allies, you're only able to bring 645 units into battle, so right now you already have a minimum of forty hydras riding the bench while the others go into battle. Of course, this is only the situation if you don't have any units stronger than your Hyrdas.

My suggestion is to make an inventory of your units. I did one using Excel like this:

It's a little outdated as I have long since I made it more than a dozen levels ago. But you get the idea. You can even plug in your own units and remove the ones you don't have.

I have two separate sheets in that file, one for defense and one for attack.

This way you can see exactly what units are going into battle when you attack and what units are stepping up defensively when you are attacked. You'll be able to determine exactly when you'll have enough hydras so when you do have 333 allies, your weakest unit is a hydra. This way you don't buy a ton more than you need and waste gold.

I've been using this chart since way back when my best offensive unit was a manticore and they were only a 16/9. My military might has increased greatly since then. My roommates poke fun at me, but they come to me for advice about their military.

If you want the Excel 2010 file, just pm me your email address. The chart at the top looks complicated, but it makes perfect sense, I swear.

Post Count
    I would suggest going for it sooner than later. Then again I am an event camper and have no clue what life is like over level 50...I will start bd8 Thursday morning and level 9 Friday late afternoon

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinazueli View Post
    This.^^

Also, I've said it elsewhere... It doesn't matter how many people are below you on the battle list. It only matters how many are above you. It only takes one. Also, you are fast approaching whale zone, sir, so if you want to build a BD10, you'd best apply the brakes to experience, or you will have a MUCH harder time in ten levels or so.
    I have to agree with The1nONLY. When I made my run for BD100 I maximized my allies. That way my attack (and defense) went up to a level that most likely deferred many players to attack me. I had a smooth run without any (not one) loss of money.

Post Count
    Oh, I'm attempting to go heavy on Allies. I see maxing out as beneficial, and I understand the validity of it. I have hundreds of High Priests, and the same if not more of Basilisks. I have slowed down the XP earning quite a bit and I have only touched the 4 newest maps to earn the Equipment and then immediately halted. I have about 18 units that are better than the Hydra and can only hope to acquire more through events.

Ok some other facts about the situation I'm in. I have only seen 1 BD10 in my entire PvP scoping. I have seen 4 BD8. And, the rest it seems are people who feel like BD5 is a "great place to plant a family". I have only run into one person with an Atk of 97k and Def of 69k...(no dragons? can't remember, he may have been the BD10); I also believed he became an Ally. He has been the highest player I've run into.

Well, with 215 allies, you're only able to bring 645 units into battle, so right now you already have a minimum of forty hydras riding the bench while the others go into battle.
    Oh, I know they are riding the bench; but they are also ready to go in immediately with any Ally request. In a perfect world, I'd have like to seen a 1000+ Hydra army; but I may have to abandon that and delve in with what I got.

I also leveled way to gawddamn fast from 40 through 80. :-/ Worst. Mistake. Ever. Even then, I too, assumed BD5 was an awesome place to reside. I consulted with MareBear in October when I got my BD8.
    Last edited by jonny0284; 12-04-2012 at 06:45 PM. Reason: *

Post Count
    I agree with albeezy and the "sooner rather than later" approach.
    My take--Why waste so much gold on a pricey unit (hydra) that you know you'll be replacing in the very near future.
    I skipped them completely and went straight from flaming catapults/high priests to dragons.

KA: 294-054-022
    IGN "War Eagle"

Post Count
    Save the gold for BD10 dont buy any more units.

Max allies and buy only dragons when BD is up
    The1nONLY
    WORLD 2

The Corporation

Banned
    Post Count
    Yeah, I've got to agree. I could have bought an army of siege tanks when I was sitting in the mid to high 40 lvl range, but decided against it. There is no real point in wasting all that cash on Hydras when you have the capabilities of breeding the strongest gold purchased unit in the game. If there's no issue with people attacking you, then now is the time to go for BD10 as you can be sure you won't loosing cash if not lose any at all.

Post Count
    Great advice ! cause when i do PvP i always go for the low ally count as they will normally have lower A/D.That means more gold for me when you over vault, as I have full allies and working on better A/Dmyself just started collected Ballistic so i have a fair way to go as well but are better of cause full allies.

Post Count
    Thanks guys so far for the input.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
    I agree with albeezy and the "sooner rather than later" approach.
    My take--Why waste so much gold on a pricey unit (hydra) that you know you'll be replacing in the very near future.
    I skipped them completely and went straight from flaming catapults/high priests to dragons.
    Completely agree, in fact I went from siege towers (only costing 1100 gold) and high priests all the way to dragons. The only costly wasted units are my 1200 high priests but they were required to protect myself during the run. If you build a full army of hydras only to be replaced by dragons at some point that is millions of wasted $ in the long run.
    Free player
    726-176-397