DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Explosives Question!

Post Count

Explosives Question!

I'm level 73, 500 mafia, attack 14203, defense 18597

And this guy lore keeps robbing me with:
    72, 411 mafia, attack 12720, defense 13459

I'm constantly purchasing and upgrading Gatling Turrets, so it's really annoying that every time i log in he's robbed all my buildings. I don't have much in the way of money as i've just bought a Crematorium.

My question is, do explosives make that much of a difference? I hav 62 stun grenades, and 3 hazard grenades. Should i just buy a load of stun grenades? Will that actually hold him off?

Thanks
    The Alliance - World 22 - Looking for both new and experienced players

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    No , to prevent robberies you need to have defense 2x his attacking stats to be totally immune

also don't forget defense skill points , so forgo defense or buy a bunch of crates and kick his ass...
    But then you end the endless spiral of spending .

so best just to accept it and move on .

Post Count
    Ill let someone else explain all the theories, just remember that the best defense is to collect your buildings on time.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by swood View Post
    I'm constantly purchasing and upgrading Gatling Turrets...
    It appears to add 50 defense at level 2, but in reality it's only adding 37.5 defense. It's not actually adding as much defense, it's an invisible amount. You need to bolster your defense with more powerful items, in my opinion.
    Level: 238 - Mafia: 500
    Fights Won/Lost: 42,695/7,013
    Robberies Won/Lost: 22,601/587
    Attack: 53,285,488
    Defense: 42,211,410
    IPH: $14,972,834
    Syndicate: HTC White
    Updated: 5/21/14 11:21 PM EST
    Add me! - 544754891
    Add me! - 113853218

.:|Twitter: https://twitter.com/Saw_JaD |:.
    .:|Help me get a partnership! - www.youtube.com/user/eQXIIX |:.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    At level 73 you only need 365 mafia. So since he has 411 you could drop mafia to get off his rival list (this is assuming you hadn't retaliated so he has a direct line to you).

All said and done the best defense to prevent getting robbed is collecting on time. So sync your buildings to fit your schedule.
    Always Famous......

Post Count
    In this game, the best defense is your offense. Build up your Atk stat and hit back twice as hard and force he to call a truce. If not, you can always ask him nicely to stop and add you to his mafia....
    I'm a chick magnet, only problem, I repel....

Post Count
    Search the forums, read the BoB, then come back in 30 days.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by nopenopenope View Post
    Search the forums, read the BoB, then come back in 30 days.
    you know this guy is going " what the heck does bring own beverage have to do with anything? " lol
    Excuses are like @ssholes, everybody has one and most of them STINK!

Post Count
    and 3 hazard grenades.

Thanks
    Don't ever buy explosives that have defence and attack. For the price of a hazard you can buy ten hand grenades and five stuns, total attack gain 40, total defence gain 30. Beter than 8!

Have you tried talking to the guy? Shoot him your number and a message like "your fab" or somthing. Personaly I wouldn't do this, but if he has more time than you it maybe the only thing to do.
    Add me and I'll take a look at your inventory and see if it can be tweaked for better gains.
    Good luck
    []

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny70 View Post
    you know this guy is going " what the heck does bring own beverage have to do with anything? " lol
    You mean i don't have to bring my own booze? Thank god. I'm skint atm!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldjoey View Post
    Don't ever buy explosives that have defence and attack. For the price of a hazard you can buy ten hand grenades and five stuns, total attack gain 40, total defence gain 30. Beter than 8!

Have you tried talking to the guy? Shoot him your number and a message like "your fab" or somthing. Personaly I wouldn't do this, but if he has more time than you it maybe the only thing to do.
    Add me and I'll take a look at your inventory and see if it can be tweaked for better gains.
    Good luck
    Is there a certain amount of explosives you can use during a fight? If not couldn't i just buy a couple like 4 thousand or more Smoke Bombs for 600,000+ cash? That would boost my defense a fair bit

At the moment i'm focusing all my money on buying defense building and upgrading money buildings, and my respect points on Full Combat Gear (best defensive piece i can buy at my level.

Ok i'll add you Coldjoey. Thanks for the help

Post Count
    Is there a certain amount of explosives you can use during a fight? If not couldn't i just buy a couple like 4 thousand or more Smoke Bombs for 600,000+ cash? That would boost my defense a fair bit
    The limit for explosives is the same for every other category of weapon. It will pick the 500 highest attack explosives for when you are attacking and the highest 500 defense rated explosives for attacks and robs.
    Level: 238 - Mafia: 500
    Fights Won/Lost: 42,695/7,013
    Robberies Won/Lost: 22,601/587
    Attack: 53,285,488
    Defense: 42,211,410
    IPH: $14,972,834
    Syndicate: HTC White
    Updated: 5/21/14 11:21 PM EST
    Add me! - 544754891
    Add me! - 113853218

.:|Twitter: https://twitter.com/Saw_JaD |:.
    .:|Help me get a partnership! - www.youtube.com/user/eQXIIX |:.

Post Count
    Ah so you can't have 500 of each explosive. Only the most powerful explosives will be used? Damn, there goes my plan :-/

Post Count
    Be very careful about using defence explosives. If you are doing it to prevent loosing money because you are being robbed, it probably won't work as the amount of D you need to add to be immune to robs is significant, and probably not achievable by use of explosives, all it will do is mean you loose more money in continually replacing them.

A better strategy is as follows:

1.) collect on time, if you can. Buildings that you can't collect on time (unless it's a night club, or other quick collect high end building) are probably not worth the collection anyway. If buildings collect at different times, to and sync them up to a time at which you can collect such as when you get back from work. Or that particularly boring status meeting.

2.) Don't attack him back. Doing so provides him the cc version of speed dial back into your hood.

3.) reply with a witty, or otherwise humorous post MAKING SURE that you come across as seeing the funny side. I tried to come up with a few, but I've spent all day packing my house up to move tommorow, so I'm all out of funny.
    Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968

Post Count
    when you reach level 100 you will use 500 mafia, at that point you will need to have 500items in each category to be at full potential attack and defense but because of the cost of maintaining consumable explosives most people dont use them. you equip your mafia so right now you need 365 guns, melee, armor, and vehicles. if you have more than that it automaticly uses the best stat items in each category either for defense or attack. defense buildings is a whole other story... to make it short build all you can of the smallest footprint def buildings and only upgrade them to level 4. all the gun, gattling, & missle turrets. money buildings, I only like 24 and 48 hour buildings because they are easy to collect on time, by the time you hit the higher levels a lot of people sell off most of the others.. so keep that in mind when you are spending time and money upgrading them.
    Excuses are like @ssholes, everybody has one and most of them STINK!

Post Count
    Be sure to pick up a couple henchmen.....they can help in a pinch.