Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unplayable

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    latest update keeps locking up on PvP

an Android with no other apps running

Banned
    Post Count
    Well that's weird. It looks like the problem is mostly affecting android, so why is my game so effed?!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    I have nothing else open but CCHD when experiencing the crashing issue. I don't have the latest iOS because I don't really have a computer, but I do have the latest CCHD.

I am starting to wonder if my account is being hacked.

I just had a rainbow attacker flood my news. The whole page, top to bottom, was red/green, topped off with the comment "sissy".

The game crashed as soon as I saw the latest story, the wall post, and when I logged back in this is what I saw:

Regarding gold/Tapjoy, the total shown in this photo comes from two sources. One is literally months of Tapjoy with minimal spending. The most gold I have TJ'ed in one day is about 50, the first day Tapjoy was available. Since then it's been ~10 max on a good day. Good days aren't the norm though, a more realistic number would be about 3/day. Some days I get zero.

The majority of that gold is from support though. I was given 650 as a "sorry for taking so long" because I had an issue that took over three months to get looked into, and it's still not fixed. Even after actions were taken to correct the issue, which was the disappearing cash from jobs problem I posted about, the problem still occurs daily. The ticket was closed and I was sent a survey, so I think it's safe to assume I will be plagued with the disappearing job cash bug forever.

In addition to whatever other hundreds of issues my account clearly has.

No news is good news.
    LMAO

Post Count
    playing on ipad2 latest version of ios and cc and no problems here. Dudeman i don't think you need a computer anymore to get the latest ios update you can update now totally wireless no computer needed. just plug your ipad into a socket when you do.

Post Count
    It happens to me a lot too. But when my iPod FULLY DIES and complete recharge it works fine for a couple days....

Post Count
    Well that's weird. It looks like the problem is mostly affecting android, so why is my game so effed?!
    My game constantly crashes during PvP as well, so it's not just android that it happens on. I have so many crashes a day it's ridiculous. I get more crashes during events, so thankfully when the last event just ended my rate decreased by about 50%, but I still crashed several times an hour :L
    Level: 238 - Mafia: 500
    Fights Won/Lost: 42,695/7,013
    Robberies Won/Lost: 22,601/587
    Attack: 53,285,488
    Defense: 42,211,410
    IPH: $14,972,834
    Syndicate: HTC White
    Updated: 5/21/14 11:21 PM EST
    Add me! - 544754891
    Add me! - 113853218

.:|Twitter: https://twitter.com/Saw_JaD |:.
    .:|Help me get a partnership! - www.youtube.com/user/eQXIIX |:.

Post Count
    Dudeman, you don't have to have a computer to update to the new OS. Just go to settings and software update. It will do it in about 20-30 mins. It doesn't erase anything.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Well, playing on Galaxy S3 (Android) I also experience crashes of the game since the last couple of updates.
    It happens randomly.

What I also have noticed that when going into PVP and checking out the stats of the rival it now takes some time to show the stats.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
    Dudeman, you don't have to have a computer to update to the new OS. Just go to settings and software update. It will do it in about 20-30 mins. It doesn't erase anything.
    Thanks, I'll have to try that again. The last time I tried doing that was when 5.0 came out and I was prompted to connect to my pc. I haven't bothered trying again since I expected it to (still) not work like that.

The game seems to be running more smoothly since I started this thread anyways, but an update will allow me to do some free Tapjoy offers I've been unable to complete due to not having a more recent os.

Post Count
    Maybe you should stop letting your tears fall onto your iPad.... Maybe all your salty tears have fried your iPad ????

Post Count
    Thanks, I'll have to try that again. The last time I tried doing that was when 5.0 came out and I was prompted to connect to my pc. I haven't bothered trying again since I expected it to (still) not work like that.

The game seems to be running more smoothly since I started this thread anyways, but an update will allow me to do some free Tapjoy offers I've been unable to complete due to not having a more recent os.
    Yeah you can still work on it while it updates too. Until it wants to reboot then it takes a few mins of downtime.

Post Count
    You might try to do a factory reset and install only those apps absolutely needed (typically less than 5%).

If CC is that important for you only install CC, see if it works. If yes, install the other apps one at a time and see which breaks CC.

Because the iPad and either iOS 5 or 6 have no issues with CC per se.

Post Count
    I had lot of chashes this last summer (playing with Ipad 4.2 IOS)
    Can't fight or take any respect coin or money from anybody.
    After various support emails, they suggest me to made a sync.
    Then I deleted CC and reinsall CC again. All is going well after this.
    Three months later, some chashes again.
    EX HTC - retired - living in the bar

Post Count
    Threads titled "Crash City" have been over done, but the only difference here is the name of the thread.

CC is in an almost unplayable condition. I cannot do more than a couple fights/jobs/anything without the game crashing.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

CC is as broken as ever. It's obvious now that it will never be fixed.
    ur not alone there dudeman. i'm getting pretty good lag and hangs. the only way i can then play the game is by restarting my phone. the game is heating up my phone, guess some bad programming is kicking in ..

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 499450793 View Post
    ur not alone there dudeman. i'm getting pretty good lag and hangs. the only way i can then play the game is by restarting my phone. the game is heating up my phone, guess some bad programming is kicking in ..
    Well, no. I can defend the developers on this one. Imagine making a game that plays on real time. There needs to be checks every millisecond to determine when tasks finish. Any game like this one will cause a lot of heat because the processor is constantly doing work to do calculations and checks. The game needs to check constantly for buildings to complete, for energy to replenish, stamina, and also when the events come in it needs to do additional timers for that as well. The only way I have tried programming it so far but it goes something like this:

The process happens every few seconds or so. Most likely GREE would have probably made a single tick (a single update of everything) every half a second, or quarter of a second. Something that easily divides into 1000 milliseconds.

end is defined as a boolean (true/false)
    lastUpdateCheck is a long integer, the last time the system was updated
    tick is an integer, the number of milliseconds during each tick (250, 500, 1000, ect.)

Code:
    do //program started
    {
    	end = false;
    	if(System.currentTimeMillis() > lastUpdateCheck + tick)
    	{
    	updateBuildings();
    	updateEventTime();
    	updateBossTimer();
    	end = forceUpdate();
    	lastUpdateCheck = System.currentTimeMillis();
    	}
    }while(!end);
    and after this loop ends, the game crashes. This would be useful if the game knows there is a new feature scheduled to come out, so it would crash the client forcing a restart. If any of you other guys who are good with programming have an issue with me using java, I'll gladly use c++ or something
    Level: 238 - Mafia: 500
    Fights Won/Lost: 42,695/7,013
    Robberies Won/Lost: 22,601/587
    Attack: 53,285,488
    Defense: 42,211,410
    IPH: $14,972,834
    Syndicate: HTC White
    Updated: 5/21/14 11:21 PM EST
    Add me! - 544754891
    Add me! - 113853218

.:|Twitter: https://twitter.com/Saw_JaD |:.
    .:|Help me get a partnership! - www.youtube.com/user/eQXIIX |:.