COOL! Another Problem! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: COOL! Another Problem!

Post Count
    Hmm, tough to tell why attacking through the rivals list rather than rob/attacking would change something in the server.

From what I understand about attacks, the client sends an attack call to the server with your mafia id, some other info (cash, attack stats, skill points - most of this isn't even used) and their mafia id, the server calculates the battle result and any loot drops (items, money, RP) and returns a message saying what happened. The client should then process that info, collect the loot/money/RP (if you're in an attack screen) or show the loot/money/RP (if you're in their hood), and show the fight result screen.

So, my guess is there's some bug in the client that doesn't handle the return packet properly in that specific case (why, I have no idea). If I can trigger it I'll do some more research and send in a formal bug report. Would be nice to have CJ weigh in, first, though since it may be a known problem.

My wild guess is the client tries to put the cash/RP down somewhere, but it doesn't display since you're in your own hood (or someone else's). When the client is attempting to put it down in the victim's hood and you're not there to collect it, it disappears.
    Last edited by mxz; 10-24-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    New question: does this happen only when you're in your own hood, only when you're in a player who you're not attacking's hood (3rd party hood), or both scenarios? Does it ever happen in the victim's hood (i.e. you go to rob them, then attack from the rivals list)?
    #smug

CC Loot Drops 20130122_3

Post Count
    this is just a guess but attacks got somehow changed, it used to be attack wait a minute in a guys hood attack again and it would report two attacks and fill up the guys news feed, now they stack into one even if you wait up two atleast twenty min. so it is my assumption they changed that in this last server down for thirty min deal and the loss of respect pts and money looks to me as if it is also stacking and only paying out once?
    Excuses are like @ssholes, everybody has one and most of them STINK!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    sweet, also happening here too. Whats the point gree?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    New question: does this happen only when you're in your own hood, only when you're in a player who you're not attacking's hood (3rd party hood), or both scenarios? Does it ever happen in the victim's hood (i.e. you go to rob them, then attack from the rivals list)?
    Happens in all scenarios, my hood, their hood, another's hood... If I don't attack the actual "walking" avatar of the rival, I get no RP.

We've got people on it right now, this'll be fixed as soon as we figure out what's causing it.

Banned
    Post Count
    This issue is still occurring for me. I have not had any good robberies available since this started happening, so I don't know if robs are also affected in any way.

As for fights, here's what I can tell so far. It doesn't matter where you are fighting from, this problem will happen anyways. That means your hood, rival's hood, or random 3rd party's hood.

The rival's list isn't the problem.

If I visit a player's hood to attack them instead of attacking blindly from the rival's list, the first hit does not award cash or RP because I'm in the fight screen. If I continue to fight through the fight screen no cash or RP are awarded. I'm level 200 and can't verify this, but it makes sense that this would extend to any XP earned in a fight screen. I guess it also makes sense that any loot dropped in the fight would also not be credited, but I haven't bothered to check because that loot is as useful to me as a dirty diaper.

However, after the first hit on a rival in their own hood, if you exit the fight screen by pressing the "x" (pressing rob has always caused issues for me, so o don't ever do it under any circumstances) you can continue to fight by tapping on your rival and cash, RP, and loot won from the fight will drop in their hood. You can then pick it up and be credited with whatever you won.

We've deployed a fix, can you guys try logging out/back in to the game and let me know if this is still going on?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    We've deployed a fix, can you guys try logging out/back in to the game and let me know if this is still going on?
    Its fixed.

What was the issue CJ, if of course its not confidential?
    CC Ghost Level: 156 Attack: 56,885 Defense: 61,046 Income: $334,914

KA Ghost Level: 50 Attack: 12,178 Defense: 16,051 Income: 2570
    293-015-965

New Concept - Event With Teams Thread

Kingdom Age iOS Beginners Guide

Et Tu Brute?

Nothing Changes Unless You Make It Change

Where I Come From, People Don't Talk Unless They Have Something To Say

Power Resides Where Men Believe It Resides

Banned
    Post Count
    RP is being credited once again, so that much is fixed. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume cash, XP, and loot are all fixed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost818 View Post
    Its fixed.

What was the issue CJ, if of course its not confidential?
    Unexpected server weirdness. I don't have more details because not everyone had their coffee yet, so the emails going back and forth are rather to-the-point. In any case, it seems to be back to normal.

Post Count
    Unexpected server weirdness. I don't have more details because not everyone had their coffee yet, so the emails going back and forth are rather to-the-point. In any case, it seems to be back to normal.
    Thanks CJ, great job as usual

Post Count
    Thanks CJ, I think it was CK conspiracy to keep them at low levels
    Level 134 Att.105k, Def.84K Fights: 28290/232 (22/10/2012)
    Proud owner of:
    Black Widow Shotgun #71, Golden Defense
    , Gold Plated Shotgun (+1 energy/min)
    The Chief's Cruiser, Sister Snake's Viper, Gooch's Chopper
    Diamond Sig (+1 RP), The Pathmaker ($+20% from PvE) Loaded Dice (upgrades 25% faster),
    Bank Buster (+100 attack skill) Devil's Take Down (+2 energy/min), Striker Minigun (upgrades 30% cheaper)
    Midas Machine Gun (+40% RP), Crazy Hit'n'Runner (Car attack +20%)

Post Count
    Samsonite? I was way off!
    #smug

CC Loot Drops 20130122_3

Post Count
    Samsonite? I was way off!
    Big gulps huh?..... Well, see you later