Tired of Rolling Noobs, A Guide to Success - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tired of Rolling Noobs, A Guide to Success

Articulate Author
    Post Count

The laundromats, level 10 or not seriously who out there but the unemployed has time to collect every 5 mins. I cannot own any laundromats because I prefer my sanity and I have a business to run.

I would rather rob a laundromat in another hood.
    Last edited by rustbinlid; 09-14-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    u should post a screenshot of ur hood coz im wondering how u get hourly income of 10000+

Quote Originally Posted by madawgg View Post
    u should post a screenshot of ur hood coz im wondering how u get hourly income of 10000+
    Most of my hourly income isn't "real." By that I mean about 5k comes from laundromats that have insane potential, but their actual yield is much much lower because I'm not on that often.

Anyway got to love any opportunity to show off my hood. My Hood
    Last edited by MickeyTwoToes; 09-15-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Post Count
    Thank you Mickey Two Toes!! Question: How do you keep from teetering?

Post Count
    This is a really nice guide Mickey! There's a lot of good thoughts there. I think I have some things to add to the guide too, for beginners to consider.
    1. It seems like a lot of people don't know this, but there's another great thing in inviting maffia-friends, especially in the beginning. When you go to visit them, you receive 100$ for each maffia-member you visit. This may not be a lot, but it's an easy way to get some extra cash in the beginning of the game.

2. I agree with the ppl who likes to go with the low-but-fast-money buildings. First, if you're an active player you will receive more money from these buildings. Second, they're not so attractive to rob bcs people mostly go for the warehouses, meat factories etc. And if they get robbed, you'll nevertheless loose that much money.

3. A few tips.. Always keep an eye on the xp-bar. When you're about to level up, make sure you use up the last energy (since it will fill up when you level up). If you don't have enough energy left to do the job in the guide, go for another job in the same city (that you may have to do later anyways). Another tip is to always keep your maffia fully equipped. Even if you can only afford cheap stuff.

4. This is only my view of it, and I know that people thinks different about this.. Don't bother using your level-up-points on attack or defense. It's pretty much useless. Weather to go with stamina or energy is really depending on your play-style. I try to use them equally since I do both jobs and robberies a lot.

I will probably add more when I have time...
    One thing I would love is a list on what jobs to go for to get different loot-stuff. Also a list on wich jobs gives you the most xp/money per energy.

/Amber (638 775 017)
    Last edited by Amber_; 09-17-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Nice guide. Thanks.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Great guide MickeyTwoToes!

I didn't have time to write here before, but think your thread is currently the most comprehensive and you have also updated your first post with more info over time which is good, so when the tread gets long new readers don't have to read it all.

Don't know if you seen it but I posted in Popeye The Sailor Man's thread "Crime City Guide for the iPhone?" about the money buildings. I've built an open spreadsheet in Google docs that anybody can edit, with info about the money buildings and hope it will benefit your guide as well.

Link to the spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2SEN3NXc&hl=en

Quote from my other post:
    So people, please help and give 5 min of your time and put in some more data points into the document, it's really easy.

1. Just look at the list of possible buildings you see in the game and put in names of buildings that I've not been able to put in there.

2. You can also mark one of your own buildings and press upgrade to see the the cost, income and new income for the next level as well as the number of hours to update and put that data into the spreadsheet. You don't need to actually do the upgrade to find the data.

3. When you're thinking of upgrading one of your buildings go into the spreadsheet sort it after the key factors that are important for you and compare your options. That way you will know if you should upgrade the Warehouse, as you where thinking of, or any of your other buildings that gives you a better return on investment.

4. Also to plan ahead, if you can't play for a few days or just going to sleep for the night, then it might be a good time for that last upgrade you've avoided since it takes a couple of days or so. That also goes for buildings on higher levels, it can be nice to know that a building is going to take forever to build and lock up your possibilities to build Defence during that time, if needed.
    5. I could add an extra reminder to people to please not omit any data that is needed for the calculations to work properly.

By using this data as smart as I could I've managed to go from a fairly low daily income to 50 to 70k in actually collected money per day in just 1,5 weeks and it's not mainly from the Laundromats, I usually collect 8 to 15k every 3 hours, thats it.

/ TLoord: 883 565 730 (Currently at level 17, A:656, D:995)

Spreadsheet link again: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2SEN3NXc&hl=en
    Last edited by TLoord; 09-17-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teetee View Post
    Thank you Mickey Two Toes!! Question: How do you keep from teetering?
    Could you be more specific or is that a play on your name or you asking about my mental state? Not sure what you are going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison View Post
    Topic creator is probably wrong about attack and defense.

I just lost a fight to a guy with 3162 attack and 3404 defense. My stats are 4031 attack and 4093 defense.
    He probably leveled up his defense a lot more than I leveled up my attack.
    Actually if he got a 10% bonus to defense and you got a 10% subtraction to attack his defense would be 3700ish whereas your attack would be 3600ish. Not saying that is the system, just saying that loosing that attack is within my guesstimation range.

Post Count
    Nice guide! My expierence suggests thats attack/defense skillpoints are far from just a static increase but rather a hidden multiplier however.
    Think there was a post by Marc to this regard as well, but not sure where it went.

Post Count
    Yeah the gold guide is a good addition Mickey. My advice to people would be don't bother spending any gold on items. Use it on buildings. With the extra income you get from buildings you can boost your stats buying better cash items and upgrades to your defence buildings.

Gold items are a one off buy with a very limited short term gain. Buildings will keep on constantly providing cash as a great long term gain.

Brilliant guide though mate... You obviously have too much time on your hands!! Ha ha.

Lurker
    Post Count
    @cookies: I'm not so sure about attack/defense skillpoints being a multiplier. I just did a test and put one of my skill points in Attack to a total of 7(I've been avoiding both the Attack and Defence skill points for quite some time and thought they where good only in the very beginning of the game). I looked at my stats before and after and there was no change at all, so for me it was like getting an attack item with A=1 D=0. Usually you get these skill points at the same times as you level up and get more Mafia Members and that affects your stats, so it is important that those two events are separated when analyzing whats really happening. Ideally we should have a test iPhone with a clean install of Crime City and then have a test protocol to follow to test these things that might be easier to calculate at level 1.

As it is now for me buying an Uzi just gives me 2 extra attack, but buying a Maze actually decreases my Attack by 2. It would be great if we could know more about the exact mathematics behind these stats, as it is now I've seen a lot of speculation, but there is not much we really know, or have any one of you a "prof" of how it all works?

What really does it mean when each Mafia Member gets 1 melee weapon, 1 gun, 1 armor and 1 vehicle? Now I mean in the calculation process in the game when fighting. Is it the same process as calculates the Mafia Attack and Mafia Defense and it is all clumped together as a total and then there is a random factor on top of that? Or, are each Mafia member having their own fight with their respective of the opponents Mafia Members and their respective gear and then the number of "wins" get summed together and then the random factor is applied to that? And what happens with vehicles and maybe armor if they don't add up to the number of your Mafia Members? This is probably not the case, since then gold buyers would not gain much of buying insanely strong weapons. We do know that only one strong weapon can have great effects on the outcome. So, is melee, guns, armor and vehicles calculated as separate groups or not and what is fighting what? How is the Mafia Attack and Mafia Defense really calculated? Is there a difference of real fight results and what could be assumed from the Mafia Attack and Mafia Defense in our stats? Lots of questions... only Mark knows for sure. Have anyone of you in the community made calculations of your whole Inventory in relation to your stats and number of Mafia Members and made a formula that adds up every time?

Why does this matter? Well at least I would like to know what happens when I buy a Maze and it decreases my Attack by 2 and how to avoid similar things in the long term. What if some seemingly good weapons in my current setup will hurt my stats 10, 20 or 40 levels from now? Or is this just something that affects the Mafia Attack and Mafia Defense and have no bearing on the real fight? If so, maybe I should not look to much at the Mafia Attack and Mafia Defense numbers and only focus on actual fight outcome and in reality be stronger than I seem, this could be good and stealthy for me if I knew how, but for the game community in general not so much. I still believe that unknown randomness as opposed to known randomness is bad for any game and community. A game is more fun when you know its general rules.

/TLoord
    TLoord: 883 565 730

Learn more about Crime City iPhone Money Buildings and help the community in the open and editable Spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2SEN3NXc&hl=en

Post Count
    Tloord, the thing with stats decreasing when you buy a new, and suposedly 'better' weapon is a known display bug. Marc asured people that for fight calculations the correct weapons will be chose and their stats applied properly.

What really does it mean when each Mafia Member gets 1 melee weapon, 1 gun, 1 armor and 1 vehicle?

When a fight starts the game will select the best available 1 item of each type per mafia member you have.
    Lets say you are attacking someone and have 7 melee weapons, 5 guns, 5 pieces or armor and 1 car and a total of 5 mob members.
    The game will then select the 5 melee weapons with the highest attack value out of your 7 (defense does not matter for attacking), add your 5 guns, 5 armors and the car you have.

The same will be done for the person that is defending.
    If the defender has 8 melee, 10 guns, 5 armor and 5 cars and also 5 mob members, they will be bringing 20 weapons to the fight. 5 of each type, the ones with highes defense values are selected.

Attack and defense skillpoint modifiers get applied for both attacker and defender and then either compared against each other, or there may be yet another random roll element to it so no fight will ever exactly be the same (highly likely).

What these formulas are, and how exactly they work is anyones guess. Game companies usually do not make their secret recepies known to the playerbase, and the ones that have been found in other games typically come from lots of testing.
    It's not likely that the game will calculate 'real' fights for each of your mob members and add them all up in the end since it would be more costly to compute. 500 calculations every time someone attacks or robs another person on a game with thousands of players seems excessive.

Obviously i have no 'proof' of attack/defensive skillpoints being modifiers, just many years of experience with games and some observations that can be made. One being that adding to attack or defensive skill does *not* change your values for attack or def visible at all. You do not receive 3 more attack when you add 3 skillpoints.
    And second, if you observe the forums, people that went the energy/stam/def route and have next to zero or very low attack skill, are reporting losses when attacking other players, while others with an offensive pvp strat like myself have no issues in pvp.

When attacking someone you should always take your skillpoint distribution (and the enemies) into account. Do i have low attackskill? Then you will probably want to look for much weaker enemies, especially when you consider that even if your stats are equal, they *may* have dumped 90% of their points into defense and you will loose every single time.
    Is my attack skill high? Well then you probably wont have much problems attacking people, but may have left yourself open to attacks and robberies from others.

Which strategy is 'better' in the end remains to be seen (at least for me).
    Last edited by cookies; 09-18-2011 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TLoord View Post
    @cookies: I'm not so sure about attack/defense skillpoints being a multiplier. I just did a test and put one of my skill points in Attack to a total of 7(I've been avoiding both the Attack and Defence skill points for quite some time and thought they where good only in the very beginning of the game). I looked at my stats before and after and there was no change at all, so for me it was like getting an attack item with A=1 D=0. Usually you get these skill points at the same times as you level up and get more Mafia Members and that affects your stats, so it is important that those two events are separated when analyzing whats really happening. Ideally we should have a test iPhone with a clean install of Crime City and then have a test protocol to follow to test these things that might be easier to calculate at level 1.

As it is now for me buying an Uzi just gives me 2 extra attack, but buying a Maze actually decreases my Attack by 2. It would be great if we could know more about the exact mathematics behind these stats, as it is now I've seen a lot of speculation, but there is not much we really know, or have any one of you a "prof" of how it all works?

What really does it mean when each Mafia Member gets 1 melee weapon, 1 gun, 1 armor and 1 vehicle? Now I mean in the calculation process in the game when fighting. Is it the same process as calculates the Mafia Attack and Mafia Defense and it is all clumped together as a total and then there is a random factor on top of that? Or, are each Mafia member having their own fight with their respective of the opponents Mafia Members and their respective gear and then the number of "wins" get summed together and then the random factor is applied to that? And what happens with vehicles and maybe armor if they don't add up to the number of your Mafia Members? This is probably not the case, since then gold buyers would not gain much of buying insanely strong weapons. We do know that only one strong weapon can have great effects on the outcome. So, is melee, guns, armor and vehicles calculated as separate groups or not and what is fighting what? How is the Mafia Attack and Mafia Defense really calculated? Is there a difference of real fight results and what could be assumed from the Mafia Attack and Mafia Defense in our stats? Lots of questions... only Mark knows for sure. Have anyone of you in the community made calculations of your whole Inventory in relation to your stats and number of Mafia Members and made a formula that adds up every time?

Why does this matter? Well at least I would like to know what happens when I buy a Maze and it decreases my Attack by 2 and how to avoid similar things in the long term. What if some seemingly good weapons in my current setup will hurt my stats 10, 20 or 40 levels from now? Or is this just something that affects the Mafia Attack and Mafia Defense and have no bearing on the real fight? If so, maybe I should not look to much at the Mafia Attack and Mafia Defense numbers and only focus on actual fight outcome and in reality be stronger than I seem, this could be good and stealthy for me if I knew how, but for the game community in general not so much. I still believe that unknown randomness as opposed to known randomness is bad for any game and community. A game is more fun when you know its general rules. It is purely based on your stats as far as I can tell and your allies stats have no bearing whatsoever. Your attack is matched against their defense plus or minus 10percent to both sides.

/TLoord
    As of yet there is no multiplier for skill points. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Funzio ultimately made stats better, because as they are now they are almost worthless. It is for this reason that I've stopped spending my skill points and am sitting on 21 skill points. If Funzio does make attack and defense worth while in CC I don't want to be gimped by it.

Attack and Defense. I'm probably going to flesh this section out some more. Seems like people have a lot of misconceptions. I've actually completely stopped losing battles and never get robbed anymore. In the last 200 battles I've lost three, this was only because I wanted to test the limits of how close I could fight and still win. Generally if you just add ten percent to their defense take ten percent away from your attack and if you still have higher stats you'll win the fight. I'm going to do some close battles and see if that holds true and I'll update the guide to reflect what I find.

I don't know what "maze" is for sure, but I'm pretty sure you are talking about mace. I'm going to expand the section on how stats are calculated. Basically it takes your weapons with the highest stat points(defense stat plus attack stat) and gives them to your mobsters. Now the reason your attack is dropping when buying mace is because you are replacing brass knuckles that have 3 attack and 2 defense for a total of 5 stat points with mace which is a 7 stat point weapon with 1 attack and 6 defense. Thus even though it would be better for your mafia to fight with brass knuckles when on the offensive and mace when on the defensive CrimeCity doesn't make any discrimination as of yet and you lose 2 attack every time you buy mace but get plus 4 defense, because mace was replacing brass knuckles. (Hint Hint Funzio let us use an independent weapon set for attack and an independent weapon set for defending so we get the best stats our items can give)
    Last edited by MickeyTwoToes; 09-18-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    Tloord, the thing with stats decreasing when you buy a new, and suposedly 'better' weapon is a known display bug. Marc assured people that for fight calculations the correct weapons will be chose and their stats applied properly.

What really does it mean when each Mafia Member gets 1 melee weapon, 1 gun, 1 armor and 1 vehicle?

When a fight starts the game will select the best available 1 item of each type per mafia member you have.
    Lets say you are attacking someone and have 7 melee weapons, 5 guns, 5 pieces or armor and 1 car and a total of 5 mob members.
    The game will then select the 5 melee weapons with the highest attack value out of your 7 (defense does not matter for attacking), add your 5 guns, 5 armors and the car you have.

The same will be done for the person that is defending.
    If the defender has 8 melee, 10 guns, 5 armor and 5 cars and also 5 mob members, they will be bringing 20 weapons to the fight. 5 of each type, the ones with highes defense values are selected.

Attack and defense skillpoint modifiers get applied for both attacker and defender and then either compared against each other, or there may be yet another random roll element to it so no fight will ever exactly be the same (highly likely).

What these formulas are, and how exactly they work is anyones guess. Game companies usually do not make their secret recepies known to the playerbase, and the ones that have been found in other games typically come from lots of testing.
    It's not likely that the game will calculate 'real' fights for each of your mob members and add them all up in the end since it would be more costly to compute. 500 calculations every time someone attacks or robs another person on a game with thousands of players seems excessive.

Obviously i have no 'proof' of attack/defensive skillpoints being modifiers, just many years of experience with games and some observations that can be made. One being that adding to attack or defensive skill does *not* change your values for attack or def visible at all. You do not receive 3 more attack when you add 3 skillpoints.
    And second, if you observe the forums, people that went the energy/stam/def route and have next to zero or very low attack skill, are reporting losses when attacking other players, while others with an offensive pvp strat like myself have no issues in pvp.

Which strategy is 'better' in the end remains to be seen (at least for me).
    I'm fairly certain he is not talking about the display bug, but is talking about a decrease in his profile attack stats because his melee attack type weapon(brass knuckles) is being replaced by a defense type weapon(mace) Mace gives plus 7 stats, Brass Knuckles plus 5 stats thus CC chooses to equip his mobsters with Mace over Brass knuckles simply because they have more stat points.

The skill point multiplier, I have plus nine def and plus nine attack and I have yet to find it to have any bearing other than just adding to your profile stats. This could however always change. I'm still playing around with it to find the truth.