The new Event system... Anyone else think it's a load of crap? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Event system... Anyone else think it's a load of crap?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RijilV View Post
    its impressive if you do the math in terms of how much real world money they're driving into these events. Pisses some of us off for sure, but even if we all quit and stopped paying to play CC they'd just spin up another game and have at it again.

As the average length of time a player plays the game increases over time, it's harder for new players to get started. Eventually when most of us are all hanging around level 200 with maxed out RP items and 5,000,000/hour incomes new players aren't gonna want to play. In a way conzio's best move is to piss us all off so we peace out and go find something else to do, then spin up a new game based on the lessons they've learned here on how to get folks to drop insane amounts of real world currency on made up items for a game that will eventually be shut down.

I'm as bummed about it as anyone, my economy is just on the verge of rocking and I'm doing well on the RP front. Was fun with the events we could succeed at, but now that GREEd is going for the last ounce out of the players not much we can do.
    Of course there's something we can do, and that's to not play Greed's gold guzzling game... And that includes the fools paying insane amounts for a couple of lines of coding. If nobody bit they'd have to change the way they do things
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    I hate the new set but if I get in the top 250 it won't be to bad. But still I hate all the events. Mainly ecause I haven't won anything! These events are like jokes from family guy once they get a good idea they repeat the crap out of it. But family guy is funny and this is just getting sad.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffy View Post
    i have friends who end up 25 chips and got in 500... hope they give u the car else its a rip off...
    My guess is they gave the prize to the FIRST 500 people who reached 25 chips. 25 was the cut off, and I had 25 chips with like 8 hours left and ended with 25 and I still got the prize, I think those few people who got to 25 at the very end didn't get the prize because the top 500 slots were already filled. Im not saying its right, but that does seem like what happened.
    62,000 A/ 66,000D
    IpH: $1.750.000
    If you are not running with me, you will be running from me

Add

hank 327 950 999

CCS Headquarters,somewhere in Little Italy.
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    My guess is they gave the prize to the FIRST 500 people who reached 25 chips. 25 was the cut off, and I had 25 chips with like 8 hours left and ended with 25 and I still got the prize, I think those few people who got to 25 at the very end didn't get the prize because the top 500 slots were already filled. Im not saying its right, but that does seem like what happened.
    If you guys remember they said ties go the the higher levels. That's the only thing I can think of.
    Fight Club Syndicate..(FCS)
    Crime City Syndicate..(CCS)
    Level 194
    Mafia 500
    IPH 1,375,000

CCS Headquarters,somewhere in Little Italy.
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Of course there's something we can do, and that's to not play Greed's gold guzzling game... And that includes the fools paying insane amounts for a couple of lines of coding. If nobody bit they'd have to change the way they do things

Your sooooo right! If everyone boycotted the event even for the first 24 hours to make a statement it might get their attention. The only thing you can do in these situation Is to hit them in their wallet!
    Fight Club Syndicate..(FCS)
    Crime City Syndicate..(CCS)
    Level 194
    Mafia 500
    IPH 1,375,000

Post Count
    Piss take of an event, just switched on and the leader has almost 100. How much money do these dudes put into these events?? An absolute waste, recession obviously isn't a worldwide thing!! I can see why gree do it this way cause they are cleaning up but they are ****ing it up for most of us who treat it for what it is, a game. At this stage I won't even use in game cash cause it's pointless. Gree can stick their events up their golden holes..

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Only skimmed a few of the posts in here but to answer the title of the thread YES! Its a cash grab for Greed to make back what ever they can out of the costs to take over this crap. Atleast before non gold players could compete with the average gold spender and even do fairly well in the events. Not now.
    Did I miss the new slogan for this game..... Give us your money or get the f**k out!!!!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    I got my 25th chip with 15 minutes left in the event and placed 346th. So i'm guessing that there were a lot of people who finished with 25 chips and didn't make the cut based on level. I'm at level 200, so of all the people with 25 chips, the few at level 200 would have been guaranteed the prize. The same can't be said if your level wasn't high enough.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Done

I don't even really do the events anymore. I use to do a little gold when prizes were 3 5 7 9 10. Never got to 10. Last time I didnt use any gold because now you need 20, I used cash. This time I'm not even using cash. Just the free option.

What is happening to this game??

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PC77 View Post
    Piss take of an event, just switched on and the leader has almost 100. How much money do these dudes put into these events?? An absolute waste, recession obviously isn't a worldwide thing!! I can see why gree do it this way cause they are cleaning up but they are ****ing it up for most of us who treat it for what it is, a game. At this stage I won't even use in game cash cause it's pointless. Gree can stick their events up their golden holes..
    I got to ask how much satisfaction the likes of xenoke and iceman can possibly get from this game if both now have stats in excess of 200K. There's nobody to challenge them in the spending stakes; now it's just a p**** substitute.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Pardon me...But when I made this same type of post about the event a week ago everybody called me a whiner...

...excuse me?
    Level: 238 - Mafia: 500
    Fights Won/Lost: 42,695/7,013
    Robberies Won/Lost: 22,601/587
    Attack: 53,285,488
    Defense: 42,211,410
    IPH: $14,972,834
    Syndicate: HTC White
    Updated: 5/21/14 11:21 PM EST
    Add me! - 544754891
    Add me! - 113853218

.:|Twitter: https://twitter.com/Saw_JaD |:.
    .:|Help me get a partnership! - www.youtube.com/user/eQXIIX |:.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Reutdog View Post
    So the new event just popped up on my game and on the first day I see that some already had 74 shards.... Seriously??? This seems like a load of crap.

Oh and before we used to get prizes at 3,6,9, and 10... Now it's 5,10,15, and 20? Common guys, this is insanity. How greedy can you be? I used to buy gold from time to time, but I am now officially a free player only. It's clear this company cares only about money and not about the quality of the game or the satisfaction of their players.

Anyone else feel this way?
    I'm kinda torn.. i agree it was better with the intervals at 3,6,9,10 for the free players but then you have to think if you was running this business and you knew you could make a lot of money off the gold/gem buyers would you do it? of course you would!! by making it harder means the gold/gem buyers won't feel like they are spending real money and not getting much more than the free players, so they will probably spend more. Also when we had no events we got no gold units without buying gold, now we can get them for free or with in-game money. I think they are trying to make it fun for everyone but more focused on gold/gem buyers but thats really just smart business... Don't get me wrong, I would still like to see the old style event return though as i did get all 10 using in-game money twice but it's not going to happen.

Post Count
    I can see cc will finish very soon if they keep doing this type of event. Yes, I understand they want more money and I accept this. But the big gold spenders may spend less in the long run, this means they should encourage the free and small gold spenders to spend more. I think funzio should run 2 events at the same time, one is to maintain the big gold spender and the other one is to attract new customers. By doing this, cc can run forever and revenue will keep coming in.
    Level 182
    IPH: $1819000
    Att: 63k & Def: 83k

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgf111 View Post
    I think they are trying to make it fun for everyone but more focused on gold/gem buyers but thats really just smart business...
    How does a new event format that scares away free players, turns former gold spenders into free players and appeals to only a small minority of players who would have spent the gold anyway be considered smart business? If the intent is to screw the longevity of the game and milk the cash cow while it lasts then yes, it is smart business.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Rgf111... It's not smart business, its a greedy marketing campaign. i run sales and marketing for a business that ive grown over 100% annually for the last 7 years, and i havent done it by attacking my customer's wallets. ive done it by offering an affordable options that meets their wants and needs. Customer feedback is important and its obvious this company doesn't care about that at all. its simply bad business ethics.

btw someone brought up a good point... did anyone else catch that they also raised the amount of gold it takes to open a crate/box from 15 to 20?? its ludacris
    MW 820 927 812
    Level 258
    Income: $352,000,000/hr
    Attack: 9,867,393,600
    Defense: 4,300,166,900

KA 634 402 861
    CC 419 238 618