The New Event is AWESOME! - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The New Event is AWESOME!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Billionaire View Post
    To be fair i think the event has potential to be better than the old style events because the leaderboard side of things is awesome.

However the drop rate for the safes is ridiculously low, i think Kevin must have stolen most of them lol, i'd love to know how much gold he has gone through to get 72 chips. Anyway the problem is all these kind of events are flawed because it takes around 48hrs for most players to become throughly active in the event because of the low drop rate.

Also players in certain time zones get a head start because they are awake when the event starts whereas others are sleeping. These kind of events are a race yet we don't all start the race together. Then you also have the problem where the app needs to be closed or an update needs to be done before the event appears on your device. Again this means certain players are left behind at the start line and get frustrated and lose interest before the event has even started.

Funzio - my solution for this is simple. Please follow these simple steps.

1.) Advertise the event 24hrs before it begins. Release the content as you do but have a countdown timer to when the event begins. This will give players the chance to plan for the start of the event. The more players ready for the start of the event will have a longer invested interest in the event which will lead to more gold spent and we all know that top of your priorities list Funzio.

2.) Every player starts the event with 10 boxes. This means there will be all out free for alls and everyone will have to try their best to keep hold of their boxes. This also means there won't be the dull 24hr period at the start of the event where everyone (except for Kevin) can't find any boxes. This also means the statement "collect boxes by fighting rivals, robbing rivals and doing jobs" will be true throughout the event.
    Here's the bit you've been waiting for Funzio. If everyone starts the event with 10 boxes those in fear of losing them might do a number of timer resets leading to more gold sales.

Remember the more boxes people have the more gold they are likely to spend.

3.) Run the events for the time advertised - A "1 week special" consists of 7 x 24hr days incase you hadn't noticed. With the time differences for certain players, the closing and opening of the app, the dull 24hr period where nobody can find any boxes and players not being aware of when the event starts all means some players don't really get into the event until its halfway through. Andriod being behind IOS is also unfair.

4.) Give me a job and i'll make millions of your customers happy again leading to millions of dollars worth of increased sales. It's not rocket science because this is The Billionaire's dog writing this post and i do nothing but sniff butts all day and i have the solutions, why don't you???
    These are actually excellent suggestions, but the sad part is there's no way it will happen. If we had 24 hr advanced notice, then we could strategize. I'm sure funzio makes a killing on people trying to catch up. Also, if everyone had 10 boxes to start with, they wouldn't buy energy refills at the outset.

Lol at suggestion #4

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by joaquim View Post
    I think it's because it has shredder in the name. But that doesn't make a gun a melee item which leads me to this conclusion: Funzio f**ked it up.
    When the bullets run out, a gun can be a melee weapon. It's hard anyway...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by <3 Hz View Post
    Fail after fail. This event isnt too much fun.
    20 or so medium attempts.. only 2 opens.. 1 chip and 10K... Never had this much bad luck..
    retired

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzaghi View Post
    When the bullets run out, a gun can be a melee weapon. It's hard anyway...
    Could always throw a shoe if that doesn't work.

Banned
    Post Count
    Thanks Joaquim - I found it in my melee weapon inventory. How ridiculous.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
    Could always throw a shoe if that doesn't work.
    Hey, the way you use your shoes means they are explosive items.

Consistent Contributor Vicious...'s Avatar
    Post Count
    Doing jobs that require a lot of energy seem to work well for me.
    [K$NG] Vicious

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Must need to be a big gold spender to succeed at this event. The medium option is more useless now than the free option ever was before.
    This event seems to be an epic fail for me.
    5 chips and 10k oh ya and a hitman rifle or something like that. Lost count on how many attempts, or decided it was just not worth the time and frustration to keep count anymore.......

Consistent Contributor psxnitro's Avatar
    Post Count
    I've been stuck on 6 chips since I've gotten a really long sorry streak, I think I'm at 12 straight now, maybe more. Switching to free from now on, this event is a bust for me.

Post Count
    Yeah, it does not use ammo, you just whip people up side the head with it.
    GREE(D) is trying to put the fun back into Funzio.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Yeah, it does not use ammo, you just whip people up side the head with it.
    That works, I know.

I got group mugged in the suburbs of Toronto once (not the only time either, that's happened to me more than once) and not only were the muggers smart enough to target me hours in advance, they also felt it necessary to hide behind parked cars and quietly sneak up behind me. If that wasn't enough, which apparently it wasn't, they also felt it necessary to pistol whip me several times and then repeatedly kick me in the head, chest, and abdomen wearing steel toed boots while I was laying on the ground bleeding and nearly unconscious.

They must have been out of bullets. I almost died, and the police never followed up with me. Afaik, justice was never served.

So yeah, guns can be melee weapons for sure.
    Last edited by LeDude; 07-01-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LeDude View Post
    Afaik, justice was never served.
    Wait, I thought justice was served when people got what's coming to them. And you got mugged and beaten right?
    Someday - and that day my never come, I'll call upon you to do a favour for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Funzio, what was wrong with 500RP & 125k/25k? We're they making the game unbalanced...?
    Why the drop to 300RP & 10k?
    CrimeCity
    Doug
    371 311 120
    Level 137
    Income $/h: 1760000
    Owner of: Diamond Sig, Emerald Burner & Evidence Blaster
    23/1/13

Banned
    Post Count
    There seems to be a very big problem with the balance of the luck players have in these events.
    Some people can't get any safes some people get flooded.
    - Some say they got 1 or 2 in 30 jobs.
    - I for one get safes 90% of the time on jobs. 40% on fights and rob's. I have 7 just sitting there.

Some people can never get any chips some get them all the time.
    - I never had more than 8 chips, boxes, diamonds,... at the end of an event.
    - - -And i've been testing by setting a 58min. timer. (so: i guess 15 - 18times per day!!)
    - While some people breeze through.

Funzio. you need to balance things so people get a same chance at these things.
    Because this is just cray

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by doug19 View Post
    Funzio, what was wrong with 500RP & 125k/25k? We're they making the game unbalanced...?
    Why the drop to 300RP & 10k?
    10 k ? lol i drop 6k me sometime XD! shame ? no no just unluck all times XD!

anyway the 1st Kevin got 113 Computer, i think he is going to make a botnet with that !