How are we supposed to warn people? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How are we supposed to warn people?

Banned
    Post Count
    We must be due another cringeworthy pm from said person

Banned
    Post Count
    Mark so it ok to ban yahkin to impersonate a job vacancy which was not a deception but light hearted humor but if pooham impersonate a active forum member and be outed you make sniddy remake.

So impersonate a forum is ok like changing your name xenoke in the game.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fig Oni View Post
    Mark so it ok to ban yahkin to impersonate a job vacancy which was not a deception but light hearted humor but if pooham impersonate a active forum member and be outed you make sniddy remake.

So impersonate a forum is ok like changing your name xenoke in the game.
    We can find out I suppose...

Would you like me to impersonate you?

Indian Groupie
    A/D 15k/15k | IPH $80k | LVL173 | 499er

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime City Mark View Post
    You can warn people about impersonations without making false accusations of the company planting people to mess with you. Give it a try, I'm sure you can manage.
    I never implied any one worked for Funzio.

I simply stated that someone was impersonating me by email.

By that comment I assume the thread was deleted rather than just vanishing into thin air.

Why not just delete any posts that you felt were making false accusations of the company. Why the whole thread?

Can you not understand why I may want to warn the community that a person was sending false emails in my name.

Do you even care?

Post Count
    Did CCM just say something sarcastic? :O

@Joeycool, I would rather the offensive posts be deleted and the rest of the thread locked and preserved than simply the deleting of the entire thread.

Post Count
    The fact is many others have been banned for much less. WTF? This place is getting hard to stomach.
    THE SAMCRO / The IndiansTM

"Sometimes I wish we could hit them over the head, rob them, and throw their bodies in the creek." - Al Swearengen

Post Count

deep pookie

has anyone seen my hip boots?

I'll just be hanging out over here on the sofa with my *popcorn* and barley pop!

Welcome to this week's episode of As The City Spins... as we pan out we focus on { insert excerpts from your imagination here}........Cry Havoc And Let Loose the Dogs Of War! ARRRR!

well really I just wanted to see if I got back in here before it got the key turned on it..

dont ban me man, I didnt talk about he who cant be mentioned <-- feable attempt at staying on topic..
    Excuses are like @ssholes, everybody has one and most of them STINK!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    We are in a soap opera hahaha

I can't wait to see what happens next.

The thread wasn't deleted, it was closed. I'm not going to point fingers at specific people and say "the thread was closed because of X post you made.". If anyone wants to get their name changed, for any reason, we'll change their name. If we catch them abusing it (as we have with various players) we force a name change on them. If a player asks for a name that is a violation of our naming conventions we deny the change.

Yes, you can impersonate someone on the forums. If someone complains and it turns into a harassment issue we will investigate and take action. There is a big difference between impersonating a player and impersonating a member of the company. One is kind of a jerk thing to do, and the other is a legal and liability issue.
    https://www.facebook.com/RPGMonsterQuest

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime City Mark View Post
    The thread wasn't deleted, it was closed. I'm not going to point fingers at specific people and say "the thread was closed because of X post you made.". If anyone wants to get their name changed, for any reason, we'll change their name. If we catch them abusing it (as we have with various players) we force a name change on them. If a player asks for a name that is a violation of our naming conventions we deny the change.

Yes, you can impersonate someone on the forums. If someone complains and it turns into a harassment issue we will investigate and take action. There is a big difference between impersonating a player and impersonating a member of the company. One is kind of a jerk thing to do, and the other is a legal and liability issue.
    The thread has disappeared completely.

Does that not mean it was deleted?

If it was not deleted where can it be seen?

Banned
    Post Count
    If the thread was closed I would expect to see it drop down the forum probably to be found on page 1, perhaps even page 2 but it's definitely not there.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeycool View Post
    The thread has disappeared completely.

Does that not mean it was deleted?

If it was not deleted where can it be seen?
    vBulletin let's you "delete" a message, but it is still visible through the admin interface. We never truly delete anything as those pesky lawyers might want evidence down the road.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 499Rat View Post
    vBulletin let's you "delete" a message, but it is still visible through the admin interface. We never truly delete anything as those pesky lawyers might want evidence down the road.
    I know Vbullentin forums very well and you are referring to a soft delete and hard delete. Two completely different things and CCM implies it should still be visible...

I'm pretty sure I didn't delete the thread. Thought I closed it. I'll go check.
    https://www.facebook.com/RPGMonsterQuest

CCS Headquarters,somewhere in Little Italy.
    Post Count
    Where is it ok to impersonate anybody unless your a comedian in Vegas? That just isn't right!