GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Casualty rate - valor units is too high

Consistent Contributor Bronco928's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyR View Post
    How many allies Bronco?

You won't be bringing your scouts or rangers with those numbers, remember it's only the top 2000 units, or whatever your ally/level number lets you bring. Looks like you have about 700 high valor units, if you're full ally, that's stilll a very high valor:meatshield ratio. Might need more flame throwers, etc...
    I have over 700 allies...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by THE1&ONLY>FISH View Post
    Where are you skill points after you lvl up? Mine usually go toward def. and I'm not having near the issue you guys are.
    Bonus tid bit: I only buy stronger than units and I only lose seals and flame throwers and occasional units I had to get for missions.
    my defense skill points are well over 100...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Q Raider View Post
    My current operation has been to make sure that the percentage of Attack strength for my Valor units does not exceed 40% of my total attack strength.

Seems to be working well enough, still have losses but not like when I went above that 40% number. I had several experiences of losing two and once three Valor units on a single attack each time I went over this figure.

Based on this assumption for me to operate the same units that Bronco928 has I would need an attack strength of 55.5K.
    I have plenty of powerful units...my attack score was 60.5K when this started.

Post Count
    I have the following in my army too...
    208 gold infantry units
    109 gold ground units
    116 gold air units
    143 gold sea units

Raiding...raiding...raiding...hopefully not any of you guy's bases....
    Post Count
    Bronco, it looks like your valor units are also acting as meatshields in your army based on your unit composition. 600 gold units and 700 valor units leaves 700 left for meatshields. You're in a bit of a bind, half your non-gold units are high cost valor units....

My experience with going low ally is that the casualty rate fluctuates depending on your unit composition. I had hundreds of strike eagles at about level 50-60, went low ally and they dropped like flies because they were the lowest unit in my army. Didn't lose them before going low ally, which is why I stocked up. Fact remains, when valors are too close to the bottom, or at the bottom-they will die off fast, no matter the casualty rate observed in the past. High numbers play a role as well. I think the death of units was compared to dice throwing in the past. Roll one and ya get a six about every six tries. Roll ten and you're almost guaranteed a six in there. Trick is to load up on crappy dice, or units. Thr magic percentage observed by one poster is less than 40% valor units. Mine is 20%. i suspect you'll have to test by trial and error. Your gold units might be making matters worse fir your valor units in terms of death rates.
    Last edited by JohnnyR; 06-05-2012 at 07:05 PM.
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]
    Are you an FNG? Don't know what an FNG is? Find out today!
    Click >HERE< for the FNG Guide.
    Click >HERE< for Enjoy Life's Spreadsheet

PM for ally add.

Post Count
    You attacking any really weak targets?

I have a good list of players i can attack who are all under 7-8K defence and bringing usually 750 units or less to battle vs my 2000. Get zero casualties on these guys just about every time.

Go any higher and my loss rate gets ridiculous, but maybe you just have to run through your rivals list and pick out a bunch of people to attack that will give you low loss rates.

Idk who you're attacking but most if not all the time i see others complaining about their casualties, they always say things like... I attack someone 50% of my strength, or 30% of my strength. That has always been far too much strength. Look for people who are under 15% of your strength and have a low amount of total units brought to battle.

Now with PvP rankings it is especially easy to find them. Any low ranked player is likely low ranked because he cannot participate in PvP as he's too weak. Or he is inactive and has been getting bashed for a while, therefore, is very weak. This isn't to say all low ranked players are weak though. Of course still raid them and check stats before hitting.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyR View Post
    Bronco, it looks like your valor units are also acting as meatshields in your army based on your unit composition. 600 gold units and 700 valor units leaves 700 left for meatshields. You're in a bit of a bind, half your non-gold units are high cost valor units....

My experience with going low ally is that the casualty rate fluctuates depending on your unit composition. I had hundreds of strike eagles at about level 50-60, went low ally and they dropped like flies because they were the lowest unit in my army. Didn't lose them before going low ally, which is why I stocked up. Fact remains, when valors are too close to the bottom, or at the bottom-they will die off fast, no matter the casualty rate observed in the past. High numbers play a role as well. I think the death of units was compared to dice throwing in the past. Roll one and ya get a six about every six tries. Roll ten and you're almost guaranteed a six in there. Trick is to load up on crappy dice, or units. Thr magic percentage observed by one poster is less than 40% valor units. Mine is 20%. i suspect you'll have to test by trial and error. Your gold units might be making matters worse fir your valor units in terms of death rates.
    Thanks for the info...it appears the changes Funzio implemented yesterday have helped...I'm not losing nearly as many as I was, immediately after the tournament.

Post Count
    I am SO glad you started this thread. I am so sick of the number of units I lose in battle, particularly valor or very expensive units (e.g. eagle fighter jet, pavelow helicopter, etc.). And, this happens even when I beat players who are pretty weak compared to my stats. I do have meat shields (amphibious trooper, tree sniper, etc.), but no matter how many I acquire, the same crap happens.

Right now I'm upgrading my infirmary (level 5) and composites factory (level 8) to the max. I just upgraded my genetics lab as well. Does anyone know if that boost building makes a difference at all?

Also, how can I prevent raids? I've been losing $ in those. I can't vault while I'm sleeping, so I want to better defend my base..