Response from Funzio Re: High death rates - Page 6

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Response from Funzio Re: High death rates

Post Count
    Yep, I'm seeing the very same.

If I bring my valor units above 40% of total I WILL lose them next attack, be it from a high level or a low level, stats do not seem to matter.

Post Count
    Aye, just as a test last week I bought my allies down to 73 (I've like 430 gold units with about 360 above the att and def of valor units) vs people bringing 200 units to battle, still lost valor units.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mickymacirl View Post
    Aye, just as a test last week I bought my allies down to 73 (I've like 430 gold units with about 360 above the att and def of valor units) vs people bringing 200 units to battle, still lost valor units.
    292 vs 200 is too close. You need to be attacking plyrs with 50-80 units (10-20 allies)

Your army consists of gold and valor unit so when you lose unit, of course it's going to be valor

Tho if you have the bug it wont matter.
    A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT

Post Count
    Yes I understand this, as a test I bought some high value high stat cash units like b bomber, they havent been touched.

Post Count

73 allies is 292 units, your Valor units were not even in the active battle, but were still lost.

That is plain wrong.....has to be a problem there.

If every item in your unit inventory was actually susceptible to being lost then it should also apply to tree snipers and battle tanks and most of us have hundreds or thousands of them.

Consistent Contributor Bronco928's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yep, unit lose rates are as high attacking someone of equal str... always an high valor unit or two. This guy didn't have any defensive buildings bar a few level one SAMs a few squares from these buildings.

I always raid defense buildings and from what I can work out the losses are not any different than a normal raid.

I have two Heli's and my inf building is at level 2 (upgrading to level 3 as we speak) never did manage to get the response unit, really wish I had of now!

So basically, in summary, 210k cash raid on a player much lower than myself netted me a cost of 1650 valor. :/
    Don't woryy bro, the Black Dragon with 30% reduction hasn't made a bit a differnce for me. I still lose absurd numbers of high value valor units, regardless of opponent's strength.

Banned
    Post Count
    THe real problem is the low Casualty rate people. I still see people >750 super hornets, >250 Hardened Marines and still banking huge amounts of valor. I could never build my army with this. I lose so much valor units I cannot keep more than 300 super hornets.

Consistent Contributor Bronco928's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopenshire View Post
    THe real problem is the low Casualty rate people. I still see people >750 super hornets, >250 Hardened Marines and still banking huge amounts of valor. I could never build my army with this. I lose so much valor units I cannot keep more than 300 super hornets.
    Ever since the valor missions expired, I can't even maintain 300; I've been stuck at 295, everytime I buy 2 more, I lose 3.

Banned
    Post Count
    After a really bad attack I sent a ticket. 1100 valor lost on a single attack against someone 1/2 my strength and 1/3 the units. 2 super hornets and 1 attack drone. They didn't lose a darn thing. It's out of hand. I never hear of that kind of loss from anyone else.

Consistent Contributor Automaine's Avatar
    Post Count
    It all balls down to making u by gold units that's funzio plan.

Post Count
    Well yeah...that's actual cash in hand. They wouldn't last long without it.

Post Count
    CCM stated that stats do not matter, but they do seem to.

However it also appears that unit ratio matters as well. For example any player with 2000 units should net me high casualties, regardless of their stats if stats in fact do not matter.

However there is a very weak player that recently purchased a couple thousand light gunners to get his unit count over 2000. His stats are very low, but he nets some casualties, but he can also give zero casualties sometimes.

If only stats mattered, he should of net me zero everytime. If only amount of units mattered, he should of given me 2-4 casualties per fight like other players do. Instead, he nets me casualties about 50-60% of the time and not that many. So right now i'm not really sure how it's working.

Post Count
    @JMC - Impeccable logic. My guess is even Funzio doesn't fully understand how this works. There's probably one guy coding this up, but without a clear design or algorithm to follow, so he keeps making tweaks without clear understanding of what consequences to expect with every change.

Proud REG vet: 3rd PVP2, 4th BfB, 4th PVP3
    ___
    Free Player, Retired, Dec '11 - Feb '13
    Used to accept forum members as allies by booting strangers to make space upon PM
    Please keep it civil on the forums

Post Count
    Yep, spaghetti code, takes on a life of its own. I think that's part of the reason they are delayed in releasing the event items. Too many variables and multiple layers of randomness.

Post Count
    good point corsair