Strategy for this last PVP event

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strategy for this last PVP event

Banned
    Post Count

Strategy for this last PVP event

So this was the first of it's kind I think.

When I saw the initial rules I was pretty sure that at my level and with only a stamina max of 27 that I would not be able to make the cut - so I didn't bother to participate. I also didn't want to use gold and it seemed to me that would be the only way to get into the final 500. Especially since some players have stamina levels of 100 I think.

Now I feel that I should have at least tried and so for future events I would be interested if any of you would share your strategy.

For instance - what is your current stamina, did you use gold for stamina refills, did you play 24/7 (i.e. foregoing work/sleep/food/sex....lol) etc. etc.

I think a lot of low to mid-level players just felt they wouldn't have a fighting chance at all on this.

thanks guys..........

Post Count
    I have 74 stamina, so I kept my bar empty during the day. I have a 2.5 year old that has been waking up lately around 3am, so I would put baby down and empty stamina. Wake up @ 7 and empty my stamina again. Not really any different than I usually play. I finished @ #100 (with 7 resets throughout as I had time). Babytway did it with 32 stamina and no gold resets.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Isn't part of gaming , finding out a strategy that works ?
    And overcoming defeatisme , if I type out the formula and explain everything in details .

Wouldn't that raises the gold prices and competitor for next event , and the bar keeps going up ?

Post Count
    50 Stamina
    Day 1 and 4 just emptied all available stamina (while at work)
    Day 2 and 3 spent somewhere around 500-600 gold on refills, levelled 6 times and ensured all stamina used.
    Stopped for 8ish hours each night.
    Ended up no 8.
    Last edited by Sir Daniel; 05-29-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Consistent Contributor BeniBugatti's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravak View Post
    And overcoming defeatisme , if I type out the formula and explain everything in details .

Wouldn't that raises the gold prices and competitor for next event , and the bar keeps going up ?
    Only if a large portion of users are reading the forums.
    Beni Bugatti Lvl 61, $609,084/hr: (slow leveling with respect robberies and events)
    Vito Bugatti Lvl 9, $190,644K/hr: (100% camped)

Post Count
    people with 10 ~ 30 stamina still got the event prize if im not wrong.
    I don't have a fluent english. Sorry for the grammatical errors, thank you.

Post Count
    I did not max out any stamina From Friday at 1pm - 2am, Saturday 8am to 2am, Sunday 8am to 12am and Monday am and 7pm to 12am.

I have 50 stamina, which takes, approximately 2.5 hours to recharge. To be honest, the above was pretty normal and I thought I hadn't got a chance. On Sunday 10am PST (7pm uk) I came up at 423, so dumped in 24 stamina recharges that took me up to 95.
    Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BeniBugatti View Post
    Only if a large portion of users are reading the forums.

And I know a large portion of the users are reading the forums , even if they don't sign up .
    Most of them read and share the ingame knowledge , if people ask them .

Hence the low numbers of new crates purchased , while most have the weekly old crates .
    This one is so easy to figure out , really easy .
    Use a bit of brainpower , and anybody can figure a strategy of there own .
    Instead of all using the same gold route .

Banned
    Post Count
    I think there was a lot of misconceptions going into the new PvP tournament event.

People wrongly assumed a lot of things, like you need a huge stamina bar or that the event was only designed for the HL players.

Stamina regenerates at the same rate for all players, with the exception of 10% faster for Goodfellas and Enforcers, so the size of your stamina bar is not a huge factor. It does come into play, but I'm getting to that.

There are two occasions on which your stamina bar matters, and from what I can tell, not more than those two occasions. Firstly, sleep refills. A larger capacity stamina bar will allow you to be away from the game for longer without having your stamina refill. That applies for sleeping, going out/away from your iPad/device, whatever. The second and possibly most important factor regarding maximum stamina is level refills.

Comparing LL vs HL, neither is at a great advantage over the other as far as I can see. Yes, HL players have had more opportunity to invest skill points into stamina, but look at the bigger picture. Level refills are very important if you plan to play for free, and at the HLs it takes thousands upon thousands of XP to gain ONE level. That means one level refill for 10k (or more) XP. At the lower levels you may have a smaller capacity stamina bar, but for 10k XP how many times are you going to get a free refill? A lot more than the ONE refill a HL player gets, guaranteed. And if you are at level 200, you just don't get ANY free refills. How's that for "designed for the HL players"?

I think the Itchy and Scratchy method works best for a PvP tournament: Fight, and fight, and fight and fight and fight!

Post Count
    Sasha you should have at least tried (without gold) until the time of the first list posting top 500. Seeing that they updated the list regularly, one had time to re-evaluate strategy and make changes.
    Proud member of HTC White!!!

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Finished #229, with just over 2,000 fight wins.

I have stamina of 100, level 196. I used refilled 6 times (60 gold), but I missed a good chunk on Saturday, I was actually enjoying memorial day weekend, I left with stamina emptied and was gone for 8 hours (so probably lost 3.5 hrs worth of stamina or 77 stamina). And I missed about 1-2 hours because I went out Sunday night too. I slept every night 7-8 hours. Went to bed with stamina empty, emptied it when I woke up (lost another ~66 stamina a night). I did level up twice during the event too.

Max fights w/ goodfella is 528/day. I did it for 3.75 days. Started at 7am EST on day after event started, ended at 1am EST on day it ended. That means 528*3.75 = 1,980 fights + 200 (level ups) + 6 refills (300) = 2,480 was my max and I ended up around 2,050 between what stamina I missed b/c of real like and robbing some.
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Post Count
    I got involved as soon as the event went live and i think a good start is cruicial so you know where you are when the first list gets posted. When the first list got posted i was 25th and from then on it was just a case of maintaining a good number of attacks each day.

I reckon i spent about 100 gold bars on this event and did 6 refills within the first couple of hours of it going live. Ended up finishing 42nd.

The level you're at and the amount of stamina you have doesn't really matter too much. It just means you have to log in more regularly than the high stamina players.

My strategy for the next PvP event will be get right in there from the start and probably do about 10 refills on the first day. I currently have 43 stamina.
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

North Carolina, and btw my "about me" in no way wans your sympathy or pitty!
    Post Count
    I'm on android...never got the game popup, so I just focused on robbingfor the first day and half. So when the first android list came out I was not on it but desided to go ahead and fight maybe I would end up on the list. With 35 stamina and no gold I attacked constantly even sleeping 10 hours, didn't make the updated list yesterday either, so i just kept attacking, leveled twice, no gold and today I was 325 on the winners list. I think this event was basically all effort aside from a few gold spenders. IMO it was great fun and i enjoyed it alot.

Just cuz I'm a girl and my name is Crybaby, doesn't mean I won't kick your butt! Lol
    CC: 156 264 291

Prominent Poet
    Post Count

Have to completely agree with Dravak. Not a very smart thing you guys doing here. Strategy sharing is better done via pm's.
    Are you a gangsters? No, we are Russians!

Banned
    Post Count

Whatever - lots of people like to share - if you aren't in a sharing mood - that's fine............