GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Funzio, L Fizzle, and CCM - The Effects of Skill Points

Post Count
    Just have to have faith....
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime City Mark View Post
    Hahaha,

I have a story about that. I probably shouldn't share it. Kinda lame, actually. Forget I said anything.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by pluxfan2 View Post
    I need to do a bit more testing on it, so bare with me, but I remember a comment that one of the developers said that it can add thousands to your total. This is correct.
    Ok please pm me if you want to share your results. What I wish I knew and most everybody else in this thread is that if + 40 attack on the bank buster equaled 400 attack with the theory of 10 above level 100 then it is nice but it isn't worth gong crazy for. Now if it was + 2000 to your attack then it makes it well worth it as well as people who spent a good deal of points on attack and def.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino72 View Post
    Ok please pm me if you want to share your results. What I wish I knew and most everybody else in this thread is that if + 40 attack on the bank buster equaled 400 attack with the theory of 10 above level 100 then it is nice but it isn't worth gong crazy for. Now if it was + 2000 to your attack then it makes it well worth it as well as people who spent a good deal of points on attack and def.
    Now it's a +100 bonus to your attack skill. Check the "Announcements" section.
    RETIRED

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    Now it's a +100 bonus to your attack skill. Check the "Announcements" section.
    So with random luck, people can now gain what equals 34 levels of skill points overnight. These events are well on their way to screwing up the gameplay. It's difficult to have any sort of strategy, because the next event will likely just invalidate that strategy.

One "strategy" was putting more than the average joe into attack so that people would not be afraid to attack you, and then you would surprise them by being able to retatilate. Now a large group of people just leapfrogged those people without spending a drop of gold. :/

Some change is good to keep it interesting, but frankly each of these events/crates/nerfs, etc. is having drastic effects on gameplay.
    I'm running a mafia, not a daycare.
    I want your money, not your friendship.

Post Count
    +10 Burn ..........

Lurker
    Post Count
    its 100 attack points now, but we still have no clue on to how much percent or whatever 1 attack skill points equals to in actual attack?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    The Emperors New Clothes is a good idea, they say they want transparency

Lurker
    Post Count
    i am all about the unknown. but when it comes to spending rare skill points.....it would be nice to know somethings about the attack/defense. there are so many possibilities of how they can factor the use of the points in.
    1 sp in att= 1 att point....1 sp in att= ?% of weapons damage, or 1 sp in att lowers the defense of other player. or 1 skill point in att will add 1 attack point to all weapons? who the heck knows. but i have 2000 point in energy, 80 in stamina and have a ton just waiting to be put somewhere.
    right now i feel like they have made the events (for the most part) worth the time money/gold it takes to get them. so i do have a level of trust that this is more beneficial, than just 100 more to our att stats.
    i also think that if we are spending gold on events, that we should be getting better drops when we don't get a card. i mean 25,000$ thanks? 500 respect points is a good enough trade for me, but i have spent over 500 gold in boxes and just barely got my 9th one. i only have 350 gold left. i hope i can get it!!! and i am wondering if i had spent that gold on creates how much more my stats would have gone up. but i am hoping for the best, and am trusting in CC.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahkin View Post
    It's difficult to have any sort of strategy, because the next event will likely just invalidate that strategy.
    This. The official Funzio line is this is not a boxed game.
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...11-M4A1-Update!

The beauty of Funzio's games is they allow for a myriad of approaches to success, yet the program managers will not hesitate to block *months* of player investment pursuant to a strategy that actually yields an edge. I believe that this philosophy coupled with a defiant attitude to the community leads to the frustration expressed.
    Last edited by epicrecipe; 04-21-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    Crime City
    532 785 062

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by chumpbuster View Post
    its 100 attack points now, but we still have no clue on to how much percent or whatever 1 attack skill points equals to in actual attack?
    1 attack skill point = 3.4 magic beans.

Hopefully, that should close the issue.
    Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    To the OP, l will say A/D skill points do have a significant impact. I've been stacking defense points for many levels and I very rarely suffer losses from attack or robberies. This allows me to no-bank and I can still attack a huge portion of my rival list.

In this case, for me, this event complements my strategy. Unless I find that it opens me up to stronger players, to which I'll go back to banking.
    Crime City
    532 785 062

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino72 View Post
    Would you say that during your testing the value of each point after level 100 is about 10 as has been mentioned in many a post? If this is not the case do you think it changes with each level and the multiplier gets higher? I always go back to the ccm posts months ago about this topic and I keep looking at where he said it could add 1000s and where he used an example with a multiplier that was in the 50s.

One other thing that I am now thinking is that since the hardened shotgun has a + 5 attack skill added to the weapon that the multiplier is probably closer to 10. I don't think funzio would be giving out 100s of attack points with a common crate weapon and that is the only reason I am making this statement.
    +1 ...to add to your argument, the fact that they just increased to Bank Buster to +100 attack skill points, further adds to the theory that a skill point maxes out at around +10 to attack/defense....anything significantly larger would make this bonus too great IMO

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramshutu View Post
    1 attack skill point = 3.4 magic beans.

Hopefully, that should close the issue.
    I thought I should have been collecting those magic beans... so tough to find
    retired

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
    I'll just agree to disagree on this one. I just don't think the statements on the skills page are clear at all when it comes to atk/def skill points.

I'm the kind of gamer that wants hard data when I'm making a decision on how to spend points I've earned while leveling up. Many many games I play give me exact numbers on how spending those points will affect my character. Whether it's +100 points to this or +10% to that. I don't think this 'mystery' Mark refers to is a positive thing in this aspect of the game because it forces you to make decisions without really knowing what you're getting for the skill points you spend. I would just like to be able to make an informed and educated decision is all.
    I agree with you Dorian, but taking Funzio's side for a second, this is what I posted earlier:

or the belief in having multiple unknowns causes perfectly logical people to follow different paths, if everything was black and white, the game would only have a single optimal path and the discrepancy between people on this forum following that stragegy and the other 99% would be even greater then it is today

So, having these unknowns causes us to make wrong decisions at times, which is frustrating to us, but keeps the playing field a little more level for the casual player who isn't spending hours upon hours dissecting each decision.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    I agree with you Dorian, but taking Funzio's side for a second, this is what I posted earlier:

or the belief in having multiple unknowns causes perfectly logical people to follow different paths, if everything was black and white, the game would only have a single optimal path and the discrepancy between people on this forum following that stragegy and the other 99% would be even greater then it is today

So, having these unknowns causes us to make wrong decisions at times, which is frustrating to us, but keeps the playing field a little more level for the casual player who isn't spending hours upon hours dissecting each decision.
    I just think if they told everyone straight up on the skill points page what you get for each skill point spent in atk/def then this wouldn't be an issue.

As far as there only being one optimal path if everyone knew the details, I just don't think that would be true. Even if everything was there in black and white there would still be players who want to focus on attack and those who want to focus on defense so you would still get people taking different paths.

To paraphrase Tramp Stamp on this issue: "Some could argue that the best games ever made are the ones where all the variables are known."

Take Chess for example. Is there some random factor involved in whether or not that pawn is going to capture that other piece it is attacking? No. The rules of Chess are clearly laid out for all to see. That doesn't mean every game of Chess is going to play out the same.
    Dorian- 719 824 375 - lvl 139 - IPH = $1,128,239 - Atk 41280 - Def - 48308 - 714 Mafia