Ideas from an ex MW junkie - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideas from an ex MW junkie

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I notice who edited your post, please send a note to Relic and Clementine as this is unacceptable and this moderator must be removed from this forum now.
    +1
    been a busy boy

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Gang,

We've asked several times for you to please bring moderation concerns to Clem, Bolt, or me in a private message and not publicly. If you would please review the Code of Conduct, about this it would be appreciated.

While the Community staff feels that nothing was wrong with the actions taken on the post in question (a warning was issued, not an actual infraction), moving forward the volunteer moderators and staff will not be as heavy-handed in cases where the swear filter has to take over minimally. This does NOT mean you can abuse it, though. If a post has an absurd amount of "****" instead of civil feedback, it will still be subject to warnings and infractions. An infraction WILL be issued in cases of the swear filter being bypassed.

The Community staff is happy to consider moderation feedback and ideas. We ask that you PLEASE respect the code of conduct because, quite frankly, we've asked countless times that matters like this not be made public and yet it happens repeatedly.

Thank you for your time.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    All i read there was blah blah blah blah.......

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by crazeejay View Post
    All i read there was blah blah blah blah.......
    That's rather unfortunate. One would hope that when attempting to compromise with the community that it would be at least considered.

Carry on.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    That's rather unfortunate. One would hope that when attempting to compromise with the community that it would be at least considered.

Carry on.
    I apreciate your reply and quick response to the issue. I hope just as last time we can move forward from here. This is a very delicate time in terms of customer relations however. I am really glad to see Waffleking listening and posting in this forum. That is a huge step forward.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    I apreciate your reply and quick response to the issue. I hope just as last time we can move forward from here. This is a very delicate time in terms of customer relations however. I am really glad to see Waffleking listening and posting in this forum. That is a huge step forward.
    What would be an even bigger step forward would be if the dev team did their jobs properly and released bug, glitch and generally issue free game content the first time, then they wouldn't need to address issues in the forum.

Just an idea.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Carry on.
    How about we compromise that Gree puts out "ONE" functioning event every six to seven months? I set the bar very "LOW" so that "MAYBE", "JUST MAYBE" this could actually be accomplished, but who am I kidding.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    then they wouldn't need to address issues in the forum.
    Better yet, they wouldn't need to be in on the weekend. Something that doesn't happen often, so it would seem someone has had a foot in a place I can't mention.

Post Count
    Gang,

We've asked several times for you to please bring moderation concerns to Clem, Bolt, or me in a private message and not publicly. If you would please review the Code of Conduct, about this it would be appreciated.

While the Community staff feels that nothing was wrong with the actions taken on the post in question (a warning was issued, not an actual infraction), moving forward the volunteer moderators and staff will not be as heavy-handed in cases where the swear filter has to take over minimally. This does NOT mean you can abuse it, though. If a post has an absurd amount of "****" instead of civil feedback, it will still be subject to warnings and infractions. An infraction WILL be issued in cases of the swear filter being bypassed.

The Community staff is happy to consider moderation feedback and ideas. We ask that you PLEASE respect the code of conduct because, quite frankly, we've asked countless times that matters like this not be made public and yet it happens repeatedly.

Thank you for your time.
    Again thank you for the fast replies. I've been mulling over this since you posted last night.

As I mentioned in my private email the business of closing or even deleting posts is fine by me, however the abuse of the edit feature is not since this is easily misused by overzealous moderators who can then completely change the intent of a users post. This actually occurred on several threads outside of this one where words were replaced, and in one specific instance the context of the post totally changed. I did report one privately got a comment about it being looked into and then nothing.

I guess you guys think I'm making a big deal out of nothing based on your reply, I am not. I have run (not just moderated) online forums since 1992 with users that make the folks on here look like tea toting little old ladies. And I can spot a moderator going on a power trip a mile away, hence my repeated warnings that you have a problem here. Privately but also publically because my concerns were being ignored.

This guy is like a little kid, testing the waters to see just what they can get away with and these are the ones that eventually create the biggest headache at some point and wind up fracturing the community.

You have an amazingly tolerant user base here especially considering the endless number of issues in the game and they are frustrated and growing more so by the day. The last thing you need is a power tripping over zealous moderator stirring things up even more.

As I have said before, if we did not care we would not be posting here, we would just walk away. But if we keep thinking our comments are falling on deaf ears then we will eventually give up as so many have this week.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Lurker
    Post Count
    Again thank you for the fast replies. I've been mulling over this since you posted last night.

As I mentioned in my private email the business of closing or even deleting posts is fine by me, however the abuse of the edit feature is not since this is easily misused by overzealous moderators who can then completely change the intent of a users post. This actually occurred on several threads outside of this one where words were replaced, and in one specific instance the context of the post totally changed. I did report one privately got a comment about it being looked into and then nothing.

I guess you guys think I'm making a big deal out of nothing based on your reply, I am not. I have run (not just moderated) online forums since 1992 with users that make the folks on here look like tea toting little old ladies. And I can spot a moderator going on a power trip a mile away, hence my repeated warnings that you have a problem here. Privately but also publically because my concerns were being ignored.

This guy is like a little kid, testing the waters to see just what they can get away with and these are the ones that eventually create the biggest headache at some point and wind up fracturing the community.

You have an amazingly tolerant user base here especially considering the endless number of issues in the game and they are frustrated and growing more so by the day. The last thing you need is a power tripping over zealous moderator stirring things up even more.

As I have said before, if we did not care we would not be posting here, we would just walk away. But if we keep thinking our comments are falling on deaf ears then we will eventually give up as so many have this week.
    Very powerful post there AO. I'm sure I'll get in trouble here but I find it interesting that a swear word on the forum gets faster response and attention then when someone sends a ticket about missing units or they are locked out of their game. I understand there are a lot of players on Gree games but that should mean you are ready to deal with customer support for that level of customer especially when a lot of them complaining pay real money every month. I work for a international auto manufacturer with hundreds of dealers in the U.S. alone and I can call and have a question/problem resolved within 10 minutes. Not weeks. If my dealership treated customers with problems the way Gree does we would have been out of business years ago.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Gang,

Thank you for your time.
    Why are so much hung-up on 'Code of Conduct' with so much going wrong in this game? Don't you see that nobody cares anymore and your game is going straight down the toilet, with so many quitting? The ship is sinking and all you care is some minor breach of conduct? Who cares? Wake-up, you'll don't have a job soon, if this mess continues.

Post Count
    This will be my third strike lol, but i couldn't give a flying toss!
    I only visit now and again to see what new re-ups Gree have made.
    After you ban me i will still visit and laugh at how inept Gree is.
    Shame you couldn't deal with your paying customers ticket's as quick.
    Anyway give me my ban now!
    Last edited by legalious; 04-11-2015 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Language

Post Count
    Cant say bad words, see they can program stuff after all.
    Last edited by legalious; 04-11-2015 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Language

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerlion View Post
    Why are so much hung-up on 'Code of Conduct' with so much going wrong in this game? Don't you see that nobody cares anymore and your game is going straight down the toilet, with so many quitting? The ship is sinking and all you care is some minor breach of conduct? Who cares? Wake-up, you'll don't have a job soon, if this mess continues.
    You have to realise that the mods are only in charge of rearranging the deck chairs and keeping the band playing. They're not the ones steering full steam ahead at the iceberg.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    How else is upper management going to get the ice for their drinks?
    EZ Brotherhood Officer