There is only a finite amount of juice in an g**** - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There is only a finite amount of juice in an g****

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    The reason the word g-r-a-p-e is edited is, sadly, the word for sexual assault is part of it and unfortunately the settings for vBulletin don't take into consideration that an inappropriate word can be part of an innocuous one.

Hope that clears everything up.
    By the same logic the word g-r-a-s-s should be filtered. We can't have people talking about lawn care or using alternative terms for illegal (in some jurisdictions) substances.

You do realize this problem was solved many years ago?

I still chuckle when I had an article published by Stephen Hawkings discussion on black holes was filtered as pron.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Well, the Devs need to know that this Raid Boss is one event we will sit out. I like a game to be challenging and strategic, but this level of Raid Boss was made for the top 25 teams who spend ungodly amounts of gold. The Devs have managed to kill this event for at least 75% of the factions.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolinz View Post
    Relic,

I think they need you to work with the development team. You guys are so good at "finding" TOS violations here, you guys might be able help the devs "find" and proof-read their work. The community managers seem to be very detailed-oriented. Just a suggestion.
    That would only work if the variable names in the coding were inappropriate like "If G**** >= Greetarded then goto erase_folders"
    A strange game! The only winning move is not to play.—War Games (1983)

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.—Voltaire

Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.—Vernon Howard

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.—Alice Walker

To complain is nonacceptance of what is...change it, leave it, or accept it. All else is madness.—Eckhart Tolle

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Lmfao. Good thing I'm not batman because I couldn't ask for my g****ling hook
    A strange game! The only winning move is not to play.—War Games (1983)

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.—Voltaire

Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.—Vernon Howard

The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.—Alice Walker

To complain is nonacceptance of what is...change it, leave it, or accept it. All else is madness.—Eckhart Tolle

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    When life hands you g-r-a-p-e-s, stop spending real money and hit them where it hurts. Also I figured it was ok to bypass the swear filter because the community manager did it as well!

Community Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
    Lmfao. Good thing I'm not batman because I couldn't ask for my g****ling hook
    LOL! One should always want to be Batman because, well, HE'S BATMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Nivloc View Post
    When life hands you g-r-a-p-e-s, stop spending real money and hit them where it hurts. Also I figured it was ok to bypass the swear filter because the community manager did it as well!
    I don't have a problem with someone bypassing the swear filter in this way. :P

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    Well, since, as you can see from other threads on the forum in the last 24 hours, that many people had an issue preventing folders from dropping at all, everyone else was only receiving 1 folder for 300-500 energy spent, and, if your entire team of 60 people was doing exactly as they should in making progress in an already-running FLTQ, as mine was, therefore having no energy available to speak of, it makes perfect sense for a leader who cares about his team's success to buy a few hundred folders for an event that requires them.

It's a leader thing. Maybe you wouldn't understand the concept of wanting to set your team up for success.

However, why make me your target of vile loathing instead of the company that just robbed people of actual money?
    Guess it's easy for you to be a target when you post this in a different thread,
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    Anyone who even bothers wasting 1 tap on this event has rocks in their head.
    So by your own words, you waste your own money for the folders, but just have your team hit? Or do you have rocks in your head too? But just keep tapping? It's hard to understand when you contradict yourself in two different threads.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    If only devs can fix the game then the game is doomed. Their track record is dismal and on a fast downward spiral. This event is sooo bad I am actually laughing at it. You really have to work hard at it to be this bad.