Link account problem - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Link account problem

Lurker
    Post Count

They explained this

"Linking a game account to a second Game Center account is not possible. Attempting to do so result in a new game account appearing on your device. Swapping back to the original Game Center account will restore the original game account. This is to make it possible for players to share one device without needing to share a game account."

Banned
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    But aren't people still missing their games after going back to the other account?

Post Count
    Ok just to clarify, you cannot log into the same player on two different devices at the same time. You get a self explanitory screen.

If you have CREATED accounts using the SAME Game Centre account these can be linked in game. I would however very strongly suggest that you only try linking if you are on IOS 8.1.x AND on MW 5.x otherwise you could nuke your account as a number of us ran into problems using older devices with older versions of IOS.

If you created your account on an different Game Centre account then tried to log out of that Game Centre account and log into a different account that you used for linking other accounts your game/player will disappear. In order to recover that player you need to log back into the ORIGINAL Game Centre account that this player was created with.

If you linked accounts, had them show up in the Game Centre but then suddenly got the bright idea to reset the device so you could create an extra account/player you will nuke your player as the game seems to want to look back at the originating device. Note that I have NOT extensively tested this for obvious reasons.

Android linking actually works better and faster, but now having said this I strongly suspect gree will do something to screw this up on the next update.....
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MW Flake View Post
    But aren't people still missing their games after going back to the other account?
    My guess is that they could have done a transfer as these accounts also want to default back to their originating accounts.

I also suspect that those having the most issues are running older versions of IOS.

If they are on Android, a word of warning, I successfully nuked a very old Android account by trying to switch to Playstore from 1mobile market in an attempt to get linking to work because it requires google play to enable linking..... Also not sure if older Android versions are a factor but in any event if you created accounts from google to start with they seem to work (for now) oh and you used the same google account/login.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13