What is the "destruction event"?

Hi Gree
    there is an event linked to armor destroy that is running now called something like "destruction event" ("evento di distruzione" in Italian)

since I can destroy armor at any time (even after this timer expires) and since the revenue is the same after destroying an armor
    what is the sense of this event?
    What am I missing?
    Thanks for the answer

I assume you're talking about the smelting event. If you smelt armor, you have a chance of getting silver, enchanted, or Dark Prince keys (for chests).
    Here's the news thing in English:
    no

thanks!
    Not really convenient actually
    I destroyed probably 20 armors (almost all crius but also 1 infernal to make a test) getting 2 gold keys from which I got a ring silver star and another crius!

You can farm keys just like everything else. Did some testing over the weekend. It's all random. Smelted bunches of keys at the same time and got nothing. Smelted a single common armor once and got a purple key. It's all random, but a cool way to get at some keys if you really need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord P View Post
    You can farm keys just like everything else. Did some testing over the weekend. It's all random. Smelted bunches of keys at the same time and got nothing. Smelted a single common armor once and got a purple key. It's all random, but a cool way to get at some keys if you really need them.
    what do you mean with smelting keys?
    opening chests?

Quote Originally Posted by XBDMRRFPN View Post
    what do you mean with smelting keys?
    opening chests?
    I should have said "smelting bunches of armors"..... not keys... Keys are what you might get for smelting armors during this event.