Current Modern War Crash Status Update - Page 74

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 74 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1295

Thread: Current Modern War Crash Status Update

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator2 View Post
    You talk about 32 bit OS-s. More memory is available in 64 bit OS-s.
    You know you might have good point, I've been suspecting it's got something to do with new command sets in IOS 8 but what if it's something fundamentally stupid like they compiled only a 64 bit version and why the older 32 bit devices are all screwed up....
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Tadaaah, or Clementine....could either of you possibly hit us with an update this morning?

Post Count
    Two weeks since I had access to the game, two weeks Gree��any chance of an update?? Any chance of a sign that you are even remotely interested in your customers???

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by I Will Merc You View Post
    Tadaaah, or Clementine....could either of you possibly hit us with an update this morning?
    Looks like our community manager is too busy today in the other forums to address the minor issues here

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by chubster View Post
    Two weeks since I had access to the game, two weeks Gree��any chance of an update?? Any chance of a sign that you are even remotely interested in your customers???
    From 11/19, Tadaaah said nothing would be addressed until the next major update. I took that to mean that fixing the issues keeping so many from even being able to open their games is on the priority list somewhere below getting the next major new features and WD mechanics change done and live. Unlikely we'll see any attempts at a fix until after 5.0 goes live.

...showthread.php?101398...
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajk View Post
    I was able to get my game transferred to my new iPhone 6 about a month ago without any problems. I am running iOS 8.1.1 but I'm currently only running mw version 4.4. I have refused to update to the new version for weeks now. It currently runs wonderful on it with load times of under 10 seconds. Just thought I'd weigh in with the current device and software versions. Sorry so many are having trouble.

i wish they would just re-release 4.4, but they wont

but hey GREE, maybe try to delete all things done to version 4.5.2 and go back to what worked. then try again to get it right for a future version, this is nuts and if i worked for GREE it would be fixed by now, even through Apple. money talks and BS walks, so please no more BS

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by General Lea View Post
    i wish they would just re-release 4.4, but they wont

but hey GREE, maybe try to delete all things done to version 4.5.2 and go back to what worked. then try again to get it right for a future version, this is nuts and if i worked for GREE it would be fixed by now, even through Apple. money talks and BS walks, so please no more BS
    Hang tight General...the fix is coming.

Good to see you old friend. Take care

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    You know you might have good point, I've been suspecting it's got something to do with new command sets in IOS 8 but what if it's something fundamentally stupid like they compiled only a 64 bit version and why the older 32 bit devices are all screwed up....
    Impossible as if they compiled a 64-bit only version it would not run on any devices without 64-bit hardware & 64-bit OS.
    Apple to protect their brand would have as part of Appstore release ensured it would not even allow you to download a
    64-bit only application to a 32-bit device.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    From testing I can state that invisible targets and invisible buildings are a problem at the client (app) level of this game. This drawing issue has plagued low memory Android devices for almost a year. I documented it on this very forum.

The dataset of this game is huge, but that is supposed to prevent huge data transfers between the server and the client (app). Which is why up till now things were actually working fairly well on IOS. But it was mind boggling to check memory allocation and to discover that MW takes up 2GB of space for it's dataset! Yes the app is only 80k but it's that massive datafile that is causing the problems as devices cannot handle it properly. Mainly older slower devices with limited available memory.

I do also see the point about the Airplane issue being the cause of more problems, mainly that the client keeps wanting to sync with the server to prevent this type of fraudulent use. I get that, mainly because the original design was meant to be more autonomous but in doing so it opened the client up to hacking.

It does also seem as if Gree has downgraded their server(s) running this game. Likely because they want to put the better hardware on apps that are making the most profit. Also does not bode well for this app….

When IOS 8 came out and Gree updated the app to 4.5.x is when things went off the rails. Although I was seeing a lot of crashing on our 1st gen iPad before these changes. But with 4.5.x came the locking out of a lot more IOS devices. Basically it looks like any device not running IOS 8.1.x is either locked out completely or experiencing a high failure rate.

Why Gree has not rolled back the app is beyond me unless they successfully also crapped the server side as well when they started to make these changes, in other words what is on the server may have changed in format and therefore might not be able to be rolled back. In which case that could account for such a slow painful process. Or as others have speculated the programmer doing the work on this game is incompetent, granted my money is on upper and middle management.
    I will say bogus on the belief of server cost as GREE use Amazon EC2 to run their games. So they are not saving money from that, now GREE
    may be using their owe servers to do MW data set deploys as Amazon charges a fee for the amount of data sent from an EC2 server instance to
    any connected device outside of the Amazon EC2 clusters. Apply to be a GREE third party developer the informatinformation they provide about
    how to interact with the GREE platform is enlightenin.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Candyflosser View Post
    Impossible as if they compiled a 64-bit only version it would not run on any devices without 64-bit hardware & 64-bit OS.
    Apple to protect their brand would have as part of Appstore release ensured it would not even allow you to download a
    64-bit only application to a 32-bit device.
    You mean like the way the app (4.5.2) crashes when run on older non 64 bit devices......

Yes one would think it would be colossaly stupid to make such a mistake and that Apple would have caught it however it is gree we are talking about...
    Last edited by Agent Orange; 11-24-2014 at 12:54 PM.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    You mean like the way the app (4.5.2) crashes when run on older non 64 bit devices......

Yes one would think it would be colossaly stupid to make such a mistake and that Apple would have caught it however it is gree we are talking about...
    No as in because it is looking for 64 bit shared or dynamic libraries that do not exist the error would be
    pretty self evident as it would not even get to that point the binary will not execute. And Apple, Google &
    other AppStore already have the framework in place when you package up an app.

Articulate Author Paisthecoolest's Avatar
    Post Count
    Did anyone else get another download as they tried to open modern war? Was that the solution that we have been waiting for? It didn't work. I am still locked out.
    Health Regeneration: -30% (7/7)
    Ground Attack: 35% (7/7) Ground Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Air Attack: 35% (7/7) Air Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Infantry Attack: 35% (7/7) Infantry Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Sea Attack: 35% (7/7) Sea Defense: 30% (7/7)
    Building Output: 35% (7/7) Building Defense: 35% (7/7)
    Guild +40 (20/20) Old Skool Pigs: 156958010

Post Count
    Seems they switched 3% into +3 health regen.
    +20% health regen went to -10% health regen
    New threatening NPC
    Boss event

At least they did not start events only

(Still would prefer gree postpone them until further notice and fixed stable version)
    Bobar

ID 760-288-736

Lurker
    Post Count
    no update here to try yet

Consistent Contributor Bambamgunz's Avatar
    Post Count

Next update??

Where's the spinner to let us know next update being worked on. Its been 2 weeks already since i have been able to enjoy playing MW.