Did GREE change code in how they adding health regen time boosts? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did GREE change code in how they adding health regen time boosts?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Mod when you done your calcs did your profile boost was correct?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by OLIVIER VFF View Post
    I am just a lurker here, but I read your posts Thief and I am still amazed by your knowledge in this game
    Oli.
    Haha Oliver thanks for the kind words. Just been around too long I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoc View Post
    The Math is Solid - and Thief IS amazing :-)
    Glad my 5th grade math skills haven't failed me yet
    VFF Legends

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolinz View Post
    What about the faction regen bonus? Is that what gets deducted first from 100%, then after that the individual regen boosts?
    It doesn't matter what order you put them in. Calculation will come out the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MoD View Post
    @Thief: Thanks for the reminder. Used your formula and my inventory (boost section) to write down all my units and calculate my health regen time.

Now I have differing figures: Profile shows -77%. Adding all permanent bonuses my calculation shows -75.72%. Adding the cycle boost it shows -78.15%. If I assume that the profile shows all bonuses including the temporary boosts then my profile pic uses less bonuses to calculate my health regen.

And to complete the confusion: There is still one bonus in my collection from which i don't know whether or not it affects my health regen and if it does, in what way - the Infernal Missile Cutter with *3% Health Increase.

Anyone got an idea?
    Not sure of the exact issue but I suspect you used 30% for faction bonus when really you have 7x 5% bonuses. If that doesn't fix it then you can PM me or post here and i'll write out the calucation and figure out if I can get a different calculation for you. (I haven't used that new 3% bonus as it shows up in a different area in my bonuses so I suspect it makes my total health 103)

Quote Originally Posted by Genen View Post
    Great thanks buddy. Is there easy way to find all my health bonuses? Like some sort filter??
    I also use the bonus section to make the calculation.
    VFF Legends

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    It doesn't matter what order you put them in. Calculation will come out the same.

Not sure of the exact issue but I suspect you used 30% for faction bonus when really you have 7x 5% bonuses. If that doesn't fix it then you can PM me or post here and i'll write out the calucation and figure out if I can get a different calculation for you. (I haven't used that new 3% bonus as it shows up in a different area in my bonuses so I suspect it makes my total health 103)

I also use the bonus section to make the calculation.
    Any ideas if digits also taken into account. FOr example let say 92% give me 8 min full regen time will 92.3% give me 7.5 minutes regen?

Post Count
    Any ideas if digits also taken into account. FOr example let say 92% give me 8 min full regen time will 92.3% give me 7.5 minutes regen?
    Its been a few months since I've confirmed but it should just be the decimal rounded to give you the time.

So 92.3 is only 92 (8 mins for full regen ignoring the 3% bonus we recently got) but if you get 92.5 then you will get 93% (7 min for full regen)

*Note only ignores the 3% for full regen since its assumed your new health is 103 and no longer 100. However reaching 100 still would take the same amount of time regardless of ignoring bonus or not.
    Last edited by Thief; 11-03-2014 at 12:49 PM.
    VFF Legends

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Great, with that adjustment it worked! Showing the same regen on profile as my calculation throws out! Thanks a thousand Thief!

Post Count
    Mod when you done your calcs did your profile boost was correct?
    Only after Professor Thief showed me my error in the post above lol. But now it's accurate!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Guys, this actually pretty simple, all these reductions are multipliers and reduce the current regen time. the number you see under profile is just your current regen time relative to the completely unboosted time

Without any boosts it takes 100 minutes (i think) for a full regen, a 10% regen boost will then reduce the regen time with 100minx10% = 10 minutes, the new regen time is thus 90min (regen boost under profile will be listed as 10%)

in genes case his regen was 11min (100minx11%) (11% is because he had 89% regen boost (100%-89%), when he got a 5% boost to that the 11min is reduced with 11minx5%=0,55min, the new regen time is then 10.45min which will be displayed as a 90% boost (this can be written 11minx0,95)

during this cycle genes regen time was reduced through 11minx0,95x0,9x0,95x0,95x0,95 = 8min, i.e. his boost is now 92% (100min-8min)

during the cycle his regen time was actually increased with approx. 27%

the gree math is actually correct
    Last edited by pelle plutt; 11-04-2014 at 10:03 AM.

REG at heart

SUPU - GHOSTS

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by pelle plutt View Post

the gree math is actually correct
    Indeed, just confirming, no changes to this. Thanks Thief and Pelle Plutt for breaking down the math for the other players! Kudos!