limit those Trials - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: limit those Trials

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Some of you guys just don't get it.......it's not about a fear of free players catching up (news flash, you aren't. Quit dreaming). The trials don't contain the bonuses that top gem players have which is why their stats are astronomical. Everyone has a unit cap of 1500 (provided that you have 500 allies) so to keep pace you can't just get more units but you'd have to get the same bonuses which you can't get through trials.

The problem is the inability to get rid of hackers who can finish countless quests and build profiles that are impossible to defeat. Until the holes in the system are fixed it is a good idea to limit the amount of any strength impacting or war impacting item that you can possibly acquire over a short period of time. 1/day or 9/week is a perfectly reasonable ceiling IMO but that's up for debate. The bottom line is that there should be limits.

There was a time where players were able to farm cactus potions and we saw how that played out... It's a bad idea to give out health regen potions too for that matter but that's besides the point.

Limits are necessary to reduce the impact of exploits in the system.

Lurker
    Post Count

Trials are good way for newbies to catch up and for players to start new accounts

Reading all the threads, many of the big players are so far ahead that new players have totally no chance of catching up… the problem with the current game is that new players have no incentives to join when they start with so big a deficit… In a way, the Trials gives an avenue for new players to improve their stats by working hard, and also to hold back players considering to give up as they cannot complete the higher level combined quests due to their lower stats. Whether a player chooses to use time or Gems to improve their stats, its up to them, and so far this has been the way gree games are run. With the Trials in place, I feel less people will be inclined to give up as they now have a chance of getting some good units.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Pang View Post
    Reading all the threads, many of the big players are so far ahead that new players have totally no chance of catching up… the problem with the current game is that new players have no incentives to join when they start with so big a deficit… In a way, the Trials gives an avenue for new players to improve their stats by working hard, and also to hold back players considering to give up as they cannot complete the higher level combined quests due to their lower stats. Whether a player chooses to use time or Gems to improve their stats, its up to them, and so far this has been the way gree games are run. With the Trials in place, I feel less people will be inclined to give up as they now have a chance of getting some good units.
    Turnover of top players and longevity of new players is the only way new people will close that gap. That is not a fear anyone is worried about. Like I said, you only take your best 1500 units to battle when you attack so eventually the trials will be irrelevant(when all of your units are as strong as the top trial rewards). Your bonuses are where you get your huge stats from. You don't get them through trials. People can exploit the trial system but the max they can gain of raw stats is 300m(that's if they complete all level 13 nightmare quests and I haven't seen a 200k unit yet which is what I'm basing the 300m max on). Is that going to hurt anyone in a top guild? No. Who does it hurt? YOU GUYS IN THE TOP 50 ON DOWN. It's not a gem vs free debate, it's about keeping the game enjoyable for all regardless of guild tier.
    Last edited by Alexius; 10-15-2014 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Clarity

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post
    Limits are necessary to reduce the impact of exploits in the system.
    I don't agree GREE should limit trials to limit exploiters.

GREE should be able to EASILY identify these glitchers, cheaters, hackers, exploiters if they are doing that many trials to make the strongest of the strong squirm and remove those threatening accounts.
    Simple.

Looking the other way is simple, too.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Alexius,

Any hacker is not going to waste their time on units without a boost. They only came out of the woodwork for the potion boost event. And as Tadaaah has previously posted that has been dealt with.

The game has moved on from being enjoyable to being a full time job. Regardless of guild tier. There are those that have more time to dedicate to this than others.

I don't see why those that can should be limited. Neither you nor Ryan have provided any *legit reason why this should be done other than you personally don't like it.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    It's not a gem vs free debate, it's about keeping the game enjoyable for all regardless of guild tier.
    For the majority of players in kingdom age, excluding some of the top guilds, trials are an amazing addition to the game. It allows those who put effort into playing instead of camping to move up a bit in rankings. It gets a bit aggravating when many events now take gems to finish. Trials give free players a slight taste of success that alleviates the boredom. Like it's been said, the top players are perfectly safe from the rest of us. It is not possible for us to ever catch up, even if we did millions of trials. There's no boosts attached. Why limit something that makes most people happy? Besides, this is one of the few things a new person starting kingdom can actually complete. Active people who compete in these quests can move to better guilds. Thus, the game remains popular and continues to draw enough people that Gree keeps the game running.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Pang View Post
    I really don't think a new player will "catchup "because of these trials . But they are a way to get stronger quicker. New players still need a good guild and a sword for the LTQs . With out a decent weapon , the trials won't help at all . My 2nd account has a max damage of 302 and can barely finish level 4 of a trial in time .

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Alexius, you are saying that Ryan (FIB) and the other top gemmers are worried about the little guy in a top 150 guild getting screwed by a glitch player doing 1500 of these trials and some how screwing them over? Sorry, dont buy it. Ryan and others in top guilds (I am a top guild as well by the way) are worried that others in the same range as them will replace the 15k/15k units that make up the bottom of their army with 150k/150k units. This means those of us at the top will need to complete tons of the trials to stay competitive. Those of us in the top tier of guilds all have very strong boosts so a 150k/150k unit is worth well over 1 million (or 2 or 5 million) and so the stat inflation is huge. So say what you really mean, you dont want to have to tap constantly to protect your stat advantage. The fact that some players are willing to commit more time and gems then you are is not a good enough reason for gree to limit the number of trials we can do.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Good players feel pressured to do as many trials as possible or see their stats slip - this adds to the feeling of never having a break. I already lost one player over this. Limits are a great idea

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Jo, so long as the fine officers in your guild didn't pressure the individual to keep pushing; then it's their choice.

I have no issue with those that want to do less. that is their preference. My sole point has been...don't limit those that want to do more.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    DP, The threat of it swaying the balance between top and top tier is small as well because the difference is and always will be pocket books.

The gameplay of lower ranking guilds is important because without them we have fewer people to attack, raid, and war against. Most of us started in lower tier guilds or have another character there and the gameplay of the friends we have need to be protected with the same vigilance as our gem spending counterparts. I'm trying to help ward off a potential issue I see but will stop because it is not wanted. You don't have to buy what I'm saying at all. It's not going to change my opinion, that I said it, or the validity in the statement. I disagree with your point of view entirely but it's not worth debating when people take such defensive stances about instead of looking at it from a strategic point of view.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    DP, The threat of it swaying the balance between top and top tier is small as well because the difference is and always will be pocket books.

The gameplay of lower ranking guilds is important because without them we have fewer people to attack, raid, and war against. Most of us started in lower tier guilds or have another character there and the gameplay of the friends we have need to be protected with the same vigilance as our gem spending counterparts. I'm trying to help ward off a potential issue I see but will stop because it is not wanted. You don't have to buy what I'm saying at all. It's not going to change my opinion, that I said it, or the validity in the statement. I disagree with your point of view entirely but it's not worth debating when people take such defensive stances about instead of looking at it from a strategic point of view.
    "Strategic point of view"? Gimme a break! Can vested interest be considered "strategic"?

"The gameplay of lower ranking guilds is important because without them we have fewer people to attack, raid, and war against." There, you said it yourself, Freud. The potential issue you're trying to ward off is the possibility of players becoming stronger and thus makes them less attractive "to attack, raid, and war against". All your postulations do not disguise your self-serving agenda.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by garen argon View Post
    Any hacker is not going to waste their time on units without a boost.
    Exactly. Even if you did a level 13 trial 5 or 6 times a day it still won't match up to what you get from units with decent boosts on them. It would be a waste of time to even bother. I see the trials as an energy-based filler that you would run when there were no energy based LTQs going on, such as during EB/Box events, Raid bosses, and Conquests.

Stop whinning and play

Post Count
    Just had the same prize repeat for me on 11/15 and 12/15 nightmare trial. Anything like that happen to anyone ?
    Always looking for more friends please add me

My ally code 582-960-040