Raid Boss Inflation - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Raid Boss Health Increase between Events Is

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • In line with achievable faction gains and fair

27 14.59%
  • Over the top and factions who are not top factions have no chance of keeping up

113 61.08%
  • Not increased enough to keep the event enjoyable

4 2.16%
  • Needs to be set at one level and remain there for an extended period

41 22.16%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raid Boss Inflation

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I voted "it's fair" for one main reason: my faction will complete prestige on this event, just like we have for all the past raid boss events. We don't even bother with master; that's some crazy bull****.
    Are you in a small faction trying to grow and buy bonuses? Send me a private message, I'm willing to help out. 270M IPH.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen2013 View Post
    I voted "it's fair" for one main reason: my faction will complete prestige on this event, just like we have for all the past raid boss events. We don't even bother with master; that's some crazy bull****.
    Fair comment, my crew has not managed to keep up with the curve

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It's not unreasonable if you are top 250 for Prestige. For team below that if you can get help it's achievable. My Faction finishes Prestige and individual each time. We continue to progress through Masters, but not yet completed i, we aim to go further each time for the valour boost! We finished T150 last war.

Banned
    Post Count
    What Pidgeot said. I am not speaking of masters. We wont even attempt a 105 as the unit is a 72/72 unit hardly big enough to kill a mosquito.

Neither here nor there... mostly everywhere, but nowhere..
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    This event is still massively easier than it has been... I remember back in february it took us 2 days to get to the level 65s, which now pretty much take a couple of hours, 100s seemed undefeatable, but we took the decision to go for it, and picked a time on the last day when as many of the faction as possible would be on line, called in loads of jumpers, and with the help of a healthy amount of gold took it down. Now... well sure this one is hard, but easier than it was.

But ultimately so what...you do the best you can, and try and do better than the factions around you... I don't get the sense of entitlement that seems to demand that all factions should be able to complete all events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Generik79 View Post
    These poll results show that RB health is in a good place: most factions won't finish the whole event! AKA Only some players will get the full rewards. Tis as it should be! This has brought individual players out of the woodwork after spots in those factions that will finish. It tells me it's in a great place!
    Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Bias View Post
    Pardon me, but I feel we are being a bit harsh.

The masters level was never intended to be achievable by the majority of the factions. Given that prestige can be completed by a large number of them, I believe Gree created a level that only few can achieve. While it would have been nice if the prize was an alliance defense, the 5% alliance attack is like a top 1 prize in WD, so I don't quite understand why people think it should be doable so easily. If some teams want to do it, let them. Perhaps some do it with their sheer strength, some others will throw gold at it. Let the teams that choose to do so go at it. But let's not fool ourselves that somehow it is unfair because not everyone can complete it. Heck, I'd wish I had those nice regen units from long ago too.
    So I went back and checked... no one wants or claims that every faction should be able to complete RB Prestige. Why do you naysayers keep bringing that up?

Problem here is the sometimes 40% boss increase makes no sense when you consider the addition of the Masters level.

What makes sense is to do one or the other:
    Add Masters level... drastically reduce the boss inflation along with the Prestige reward unit.
    No Masters level... boss inflation and Prestige reward unit inflation is appropriate at some level, not 40% though as most have mentioned player stat gain per cycle is far less than that even with boost!
    LOOOK INTO MY EYE...
    Join my faction--
    Must: use groupMe, make weekly donation, be active... simple as that.
    No: absurd WD, stat, level, daily donation minimums here.
    Leader matches all cash donations!
    PM me for more information.

Post Count
    I think instead of big jumps in health, a consistent increase each event makes it less harsh. Maybe trail the average strength gains for a few months, then bump one. (Ie 5%H V. 7%S for three months then 12%H v 7%S). So teams have a chance to make progress,assuming they are active. then have to work a bit harder.
    SKILLZONE 773520110.
    Maxed Health Regen time.
    Maxed Infantry Defense
    Maxed Ground Defense
    Maxed Air Defense
    Maxed Sea Defense
    Maxed Defense from Buildings.
    Maxed Building output
    Maxed Infantry Attack
    Maxed Ground Attack
    Maxed Air Attack
    Maxed Sea Attack
    Maxed casualty rate
    GROUPME required
    PM for more info; always recruiting

Articulate Author East Coast Bias's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhoan View Post
    So I went back and checked... no one wants or claims that every faction should be able to complete RB Prestige. Why do you naysayers keep bringing that up?

Problem here is the sometimes 40% boss increase makes no sense when you consider the addition of the Masters level.

What makes sense is to do one or the other:
    Add Masters level... drastically reduce the boss inflation along with the Prestige reward unit.
    No Masters level... boss inflation and Prestige reward unit inflation is appropriate at some level, not 40% though as most have mentioned player stat gain per cycle is far less than that even with boost!
    Apologies if I misread the thread. There are usually two issues being brought up (everyone should be able to complete the events and health increase). As one of the mods mentioned, they created the different levels so that different groups would continue to be challenged. I don't have an issue with that. If certain teams want to spend, great. It allows us to continue to enjoy the game as the gold players help finance the game. With respect to boss health, unfortunately it is gree just being lazy. Rather than increasing the health in line with the prizes, they keep it the same for a few cycles then jack it up. Unfortunately, they must not have a good grasp on how the stats of the avg player has increased during that time. I'd say 25% would have been more reasonable. We have to remember that these guys need to make a buck off the gold spenders, so it needs to be challenging at the masters level, and also at prestige for the top 250 factions (I know some well organized teams in top 500 who are also in line to finish prestige).

I'm still not sure what the impact of masters has been on the lower factions, so any input would be appreciated. Does it distract strong players from helping lower factions, or do the next level of top players give up so early, that there is a larger pool of players to help lower factions? I ask this since the high valor payouts don't happen until the latter stages of masters, and to get there is murder. So I'm wondering if masters has led to less or more help. Hard for me to get a read on this.
    Last edited by East Coast Bias; 08-04-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Post Count
    Most players dont gain RAW stats. For me, I gain a total of maybe 3m in raw stats from last raid boss to this raid boss. Sure my boosted stats were good but most of my gain were growlers, and what 200k units I could get. Thats not a reason to justify a 40% health increase.

Post Count
    As usual no reply from mods.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Hey there,

As stated in a few of the comments, we do create events and different levels to help challenge players of all levels. With that being said, we are always welcome to new feedback and suggestions. The game would be nothing without the players. Our teams are working on ways to rebalance and maintain balance in the game. This process is always on going for games that are constantly live and constantly changing.

Don't worry if you don't immediately see us on a thread; it doesn't mean we aren't here and reading. Sometimes, it's great to allow players to have time to discuss ideas amongst themselves before stepping in; especially on threads that are feedback or suggestions to gameplay.

Thanks again for the feedback. Remember, keep it classy.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Hey there,

As stated in a few of the comments, we do create events and different levels to help challenge players of all levels. With that being said, we are always welcome to new feedback and suggestions. The game would be nothing without the players. Our teams are working on ways to rebalance and maintain balance in the game. This process is always on going for games that are constantly live and constantly changing.

Don't worry if you don't immediately see us on a thread; it doesn't mean we aren't here and reading. Sometimes, it's great to allow players to have time to discuss ideas amongst themselves before stepping in; especially on threads that are feedback or suggestions to gameplay.

Thought the masters was meant for the challange? We dont mind having a challange but to bump the HP that much. My team would have to grow about 25m each in raw stats to be able to finish it
    When we stand together, We can watch the world burn around us. It won't matter no longer, we're all as good as dead

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Hey there,

We know you are around all the time by what immediately gets censored and what doesn't. Also what is not said is speaking loud and clear.

As for the thread topic we don't need generalised comments on specific issues. I'd prefer no comment to a generic company line mate. The issue here is 85% of the community currently think the balance is off. Pass that onto the devs would ya old buddy ol pal. Cheers

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I'm currently wearing my anchorman t-shirt Tadaaah, so you get a point there.

Thanks for trying
    Last edited by bam bam.; 08-06-2014 at 04:01 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    It's is unacceptable how much the health increased

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I would be happy with the increase for raid boss if master's hadn't been bought in as the challenge.

My personal opinion is that the prestige level should increase at a fixed rate for a bit, with better low level masters prizes for us to chase, similar to the Epic Boss Structure.