Re-Setting Skill Points - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: How would you like to be able to reset your skill points

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Skill reset any time - costs 50 gold same as names and flag

37 51.39%
  • Skill reset unlocked at level 250 for free, but only once then that's it.

23 31.94%
  • Skill reset as a bonus unit - one shot deal that can only be used once.

15 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-Setting Skill Points

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Whatever you THINK you love, want, or need for this game: whatever you THINK will improve "gameplay" - FORGEDDABOUDIT!

WYSIWYG

Enjoy - ROTFL and DEWIN NUTTIN...
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    Whatever you THINK you love, want, or need for this game: whatever you THINK will improve "gameplay" - FORGEDDABOUDIT!

WYSIWYG

Enjoy - ROTFL and DEWIN NUTTIN...
    Why are you here?
    Currently Retired
    Long Term Top 10

sailing around in the world in my FORTUNE CARRIER!!!
    Post Count
    do NOT allow us to reset skill points from the store... This mess the game up bad.... People will allocate everything to attack, use up their stamina, then reallocate to everything to defense.. Ltq comes out then everything goes to energy...

Not a good idea. Changes the game in a negative way IMO.. Funzio said from day 1 that they would absolutely NEVER reset anybody's skill points.. A lesson they learned from the early days of crime city..

I'm surprised to hear gree was resetting skill points just from a ticket...

If you do decide to add this feature I would say...
    -limit the number if times we can reset them
    -give everyone the same LIMITED number of resets
    -actually tell us what attack and defense skill points do (if anything?) so we can make a good decision

sailing around in the world in my FORTUNE CARRIER!!!
    Post Count
    Option 1 would be a big mistake. Don't do it gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeast View Post
    Option 1 would be a big mistake. Don't do it gree.
    You never know. The game will change. You may want that option to reset at will because an event requires stamina, not energy, then energy and not stamina, then etc etc......
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Abraham Lincoln

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeast View Post
    People will allocate everything to attack, use up their stamina, then reallocate to everything to defense.. Ltq comes out then everything goes to energy...
    I don't know, all that kinda sounds like strategy to me, you know, what the game is supposed to be? Not what it is, which is just a spendfest. All that might actually add some interest to the game. I'd like the option to do those things.

We do some of those things already with changing flags. What's the difference in logic?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    You never know. The game will change. You may want that option to reset at will because an event requires stamina, not energy, then energy and not stamina, then etc etc......
    That would be smart business.

But when has gree done anything to support their business? ;P

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    You're making his point for him. All that option allows is for those individuals who spend gold to cater their skill points from event to event for minimal cost. Without unlimited resets, it at least involves strategy in where to allocate the points. I agree that any kind of unlimited resets is a major mistake.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by damcv62 View Post
    That would be smart business.

But when has gree done anything to support their business? ;P
    Which is exactly why I feel like they would permit this option....$$$$$

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by psuengineer View Post
    You're making his point for him. All that option allows is for those individuals who spend gold to cater their skill points from event to event for minimal cost. Without unlimited resets, it at least involves strategy in where to allocate the points. I agree that any kind of unlimited resets is a major mistake.
    Ah, I disagree. Being able to change strategy as the situation needs IS strategy. At the moment the only thing you need to see out an event is gold, and where is the strategy in that.
    -
    We can change flags as the need arises for a change is strategy. What's the difference?
    -
    This would add another level of planning to the game - but only if attack/defence skill points actually make a difference so there are real trade-offs happening as you reallocate.
    -
    And 50 gold to add this sort of dimension to the game is well within reach of all. Hell, you could even get it for free watching videos.
    -
    And those that spend gold to finish all events are doing it already, so where's the difference?
    Last edited by Danger Mouse; 07-15-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Ah, I disagree. Being able to change strategy as the situation needs IS strategy. At the moment the only thing you need to see out an event is gold, and where is the strategy in that.
    -
    We can change flags as the need arises for a change is strategy. What's the difference?
    -
    This would add another level of planning to the game - but only if attack/defence skill points actually make a difference so there are real trade-offs happening as you reallocate.
    Then we will agree to disagree. Perhaps if they made it so that each skill point reallocated was 10 gold or something, then maybe I could get on board, but your costs in your poll are entirely too low for wholesale changes.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by psuengineer View Post
    Then we will agree to disagree. Perhaps if they made it so that each skill point reallocated was 10 gold or something, then maybe I could get on board, but your costs in your poll are entirely too low for wholesale changes.
    Remember, all this does is allow you to STORE more energy and stamina. Not GET more. It's not that big a change. There are only so many recharges in a day, if you constantly access the game the ability to store more energy and stamina does SFA to your game play as your storage never maxes out anyway.
    Last edited by Danger Mouse; 07-15-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I dont think there should be a skill point reset.. ppl made there profile the way it is its not grees fault. Should have made an even profile from the beggining. Everyone wants everthing. You made the mistake by adding them where they are you made your profile what it is. You have to adapt to the game the game doesnt have to adapt to you...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by redvenge99 View Post
    You have to adapt to the game the game doesnt have to adapt to you...
    Rubbish. We ARE the game. If the game doesn't adapt to us, the paying customers, then we don't p(l)ay and where is the game then?
    -
    Tell you what, I think you're right where Gree want you - uncomplainingly taking whatever dross they dish out.
    -
    Besides, the profiles were made in a vacuum of information as to what those profile skill points may or may not be doing, and it ain't the same game it was when those choices were made. If the game changes and our profiles can't - does that strike you as reasonable when all it takes is some coding to fix it?

Albert Einstein

Abraham Lincoln

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Did you not think the game would evolve. There are 4 allocation choices for a reason. Some chose to be strong and put everything towards att and def others chose energy others stamina, but the smart players chose an even allocation.. you have to adapt to the game it doesnt have to adapt to you. Paying customer or not you either did or did not make the right choice. How is that anyones fault but the players.