Surge in data usage! - Page 23

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Surge in data usage!

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Thanks we'll let the teams know this is still occurring.

Post Count
    Can u refund us our cell phone bills too... Rediculous

Banned
    Post Count
    They can't even get an LTQ right and they've been running those for over a year. Do you really think they can fix a real problem?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I just switched from sprint's unlimited to T-mobile's 3gigs data plan last
    Monday. I did nothing but play this game. Pitiful isn't it? 3.6 gigs are gone already. T-mo thinks I should buy 5 gigs for another $10 a month. Not. This game will suck that up by next week.

Post Count
    If anything it's worse, after server maintenance I reset cellular data, logged in, went and LOOKED at the missions and collected some buildings and it took 46.3mb.. This is just ludicrous

Lurker
    Post Count
    Fortunately I use WiFi. But the data usage does have an affect on game play for me. I run MW on a Samsung Tab 2 ,Android version 4.2.2. My WiFI/internet speeds are equal or better than most mobile internet speeds. Before someone pipes up and says I need newer equipment, I used to run 1 MW account on my PC using Bluestacks. Bluestacks was running at that time a 2.something Android version. It was the smoothest MW had ever ran for me. But as Gree informed me ,they do not support Bluestacks, MW is a mobile game.

What I do almost daily is clear data in the settings/application manager for MW. Example,since yesterday data file grew to 301 megs. Under data usage tab MW is on the top of the list for data usage. For today at less the 30 min. it lists 108 mb data usage. I know when the data file is getting beyond 200 mb because the game slows to the point where its unplayable.

I am running MW ver 4.2.2, so I am at newest version.

What I am seeing seems to be MW never flushes data even on exit of the game. I run an Android program "Clean Master" which helps clean the Tab 2's cache,free memory,etc. MW almost always throws a red flag for CPU usage in Clean Master.

I have checked some of the devices my family have that are playing MW,daughter has 6 accounts I think. The devices range from Android tablets to multiple iphones. They all have the same problems to one degree or another. I informed them of this thread and have also informed the faction members of this issue.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Thanks we'll let the teams know this is still occurring.
    So whendo we start getting paid for doing your testing?

Post Count
    Any word on this matter? It is still happening and you said in another game you found an additional problem on 6/30/14
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/theeclectic/...loves-cake-sm4

Derek of iDelph

iDelph faction code: 792-952-652

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Changes were made to all games that were suffering from this. It should be resolved; please report if it is not resolved.

Consistent Contributor bergmystr's Avatar
    Post Count
    Thank god this is fixed now that I had a data overage last month.

Long time listener, first time complainer
    Leader of faction D'z Nutz
    Faction Code: 948 710 810 or PM Me
    Ally Code: 175-765-821

Always looking for Active members to join

Health Regen Time -35% (Maxed)
    Infantry Defense +35% (Maxed)
    Ground Defense +35% (Maxed)
    Air Defense +25%
    Building Output +35% (Maxed)
    Guild Member Increase +20
    Building Defense +35% (Maxed, for some reason)
    Sea Defense +15%
    Infantry Attack +20%
    Ground Attack +10%
    Air Attack +15%
    Sea Attack +10%

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Much better

It's much better but I would not consider it closed. It's taking about 400kb just opening and closing the app.

Previously was 2 or more megs.

What are you going to do for your customers whom remained loyal and racked up huge phone bills while patiently (not everybody) waited while you made multiple attempts to correct it.

Considering what I'm getting charged from ATT, about 2 vaults would be fair and would help in gaining our trust back and showing your customers that you are willing to take responsibility for the service you provide.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Talahaski View Post

What are you going to do for your customers whom remained loyal and racked up huge phone bills while patiently (not everybody) waited while you made multiple attempts to correct it.
    Allow me to take a wild stab in the dark if I may.

NOTHING(which BTW is the same as a 'case by case basis' it seems)

If it doesn't effect gree they don't care. Just be greatful they fixed it so 'soon'.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Talahaski View Post

Allow me to take a wild stab in the dark if I may.

NOTHING(which BTW is the same as a 'case by case basis' it seems)

If it doesn't effect gree they don't care. Just be greatful they 'fixed' it so 'soon'.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It's still a data hog for me on Android, anyone else on droid finding it less data hungry?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Better, but still pretty high. Reset counters. Collected cash. Posted in chat. Raided one person...thank you for that $5m in cash btw whoever you were. Checked map target...... 28mb, call it two minutes of app use.

Closed MW, reset counters, opened chrome and played on YouTube Metallica's Whiskey in the Jar video, 4:45....27mb. So half the time of MW was more data intensive than streaming video?
    Last edited by Thumpr; 07-09-2014 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Adding details