All bonusses you fought for in the past are lost - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All bonusses you fought for in the past are lost

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    If this is not showing consistent behavior, then it is a bug with the specific units and we can put it in the fix pipeline. If anyone has specifics (an item name for something that does not look like it is working, I'm assuming Ferr is talking about the Echo Leader and/or the Central Fleet Command) that would help target where to look.
    CJ, there is no way we can do this and you know that. Sub par game with more patches than bites remember. Your employer has overestimating what he can get away with too long.
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

Quote Originally Posted by andy2 View Post
    good luck to anyone knowing specific stats or units and whether they are used in their army or not. It has been asked for years to have some sort of sorting feature on your units and we still do not have one. Nobody can feasibly go through the thousands of units and determine this.
    I meant if they see a bonus not working at any point, which is easier to spot in a lot of cases. Not whether or not a unit is in-army or not.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I meant if they see a bonus not working at any point, which is easier to spot in a lot of cases. Not whether or not a unit is in-army or not.
    The entire premise of the thread is based upon whether bonuses stop working if they are attached to units which are not used in your army any longer

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Ferr I believe the effect you are seeing is because of your one ally. I'm sure they never considered anyone trying to actually fight at one ally, and gave no thought to the interaction of the bonuses at that count. I noticed in the past when I dropped to one ally ( way back when, to look for someone else who did that same) I noticed the same effect for some of mu units with boosts.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferr View Post
    I received a question, the answer of which may not be known to all. Those units with low stats but with nice boosts are lost if they are not brought to battle.
    Yours
    There is a not so simple solution to this. With the new event headed our way, assault, you can give up your troops that are stronger than the tiny unit that you are worried about. Now that I say this, the event will probably run one time so get rid of those lemons while you have a chance.
    The views and opinions expressed by me are most likely not the views and opinions of my faction. Please do not hold them accountable for my actions.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Ferr I believe the effect you are seeing is because of your one ally. I'm sure they never considered anyone trying to actually fight at one ally, and gave no thought to the interaction of the bonuses at that count. I noticed in the past when I dropped to one ally ( way back when, to look for someone else who did that same) I noticed the same effect for some of mu units with boosts.
    I wish that was true. I am back up to 10 allies and have same result. They dont work.
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

Follow-up: We tested the "opponents use less allies" by dropping allies till it was out of used units, and had both accounts open. The boost works just fine. If anyone has further solid evidence of bonuses not working when it is not in-army, let us know and we will address, but the stated example from earlier in this thread is working when not in army.

EDIT: fixed typo
    Last edited by CJ54; 03-18-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Follow-up: We tested the "opponents use less allies" by dropping allies till it was out of used units, and had both accounts open. The boost works just fine. If anyone has further solid evidence of bonuses not working when it is not in-army, let us know and we will address, but the stated example from earlier in this thread is working when not in army.

EDIT: fixed typo
    Just a thought, but proof of certain assertions might eliminate the background chatter and confusion.
    When you run those "tests", why not video (digitally capture) them and put them on YouTube?
    Social media is one of your firm's sweet spots, is it not?
    This allows you to leverage that alleged advantage and better communicate your messages to your consumers.

While I'm at it, how difficult would it be to create an email account to serve as a suggestion box?
    People often have great ideas, well ideas at least worth looking at, and it keeps people involved.
    One thing I've observed is very limited interaction with your customers/users.
    Its like buying toothpaste at 2:00AM on the shoddy side of any town, but not being allowed to enter the store, having your purchase shoved through a hole in the wall and the clerk on the other side of bullet proof glass.

Anyway, have a pleasant evening.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    While I'm at it, how difficult would it be to create an email account to serve as a suggestion box?
    People often have great ideas, well ideas at least worth looking at
    Anyway, have a pleasant evening.
    You don't see the problem with this?

One, that's what the forum is for. People can post an idea and they can already gauge the interest for that idea by the responses to it. They also get a little bit of free development help as people add to the idea or bring up issues that may arise because of it.

Two, that email would be flooded with hate mail 30 seconds after it opened. There is no way to filter out between the complaining and the ideas. So any decent idea would be lost among thousands of griping run-on sentences.

Three, if Gree employees don't had enough time to read the forum, or answer/read tickets, how are they going to find the time to go thru emails? And every person who sends a ticket, or 50, will also send an email to tell Gree they sent a ticket, and then an email to tell them they haven't had their ticket answered. Or 50.

While it would be nice for them to hear our ideas, and maybe use some, perhaps your idea would be better as a tab in the forum. They could have one that's just for game ideas where the Devs could go directly and no whining allowed.