Why there are too many attack modifiers ? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why there are too many attack modifiers ?

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Beyond the Dead
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    This has been around since bonuses started, and it is intentional. If we give out too many defense bonuses, nobody can attack each other successfully and that grinds everything to a halt. Everyone able to attack everyone is ALSO undesirable, but that is not what is happening in practice. So defense units remain rare at the moment.

Also, it is okay for some things in a game to be rare.
    This is a mildly interesting answer. It is based on no facts or tangible evidence or even common math skill. I have never placed in a top 25 and 1 time in a 50 during war. I have completed enough of the events to have Ok stats. I can however rob and beat people that have spent more money, time and effort that have consistently place in top 25-50 syns. I understand making some level higher atk, but it is now to the point of comedy.

Also, It is also okay for some responses to gamer's questions that make sense.
    Last edited by Dirty Larry; 03-19-2014 at 08:17 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciMane View Post
    I think the problem is that player, along with the 'meager' 27m attack player are still both in the top tier in the range. Its at these ranges where they will clearly have problems forming appropriate rivals lists as, who else are they going to show? The system is trying to prevent isolating players entirely. You can see how they'd want to give more attack mods naturally otherwise it would really mess over the moderate spenders in that same tier of stats who can only get so many final prizes before they're spent, essentially breaking the players up into two inactive tiers.
    Good point^^

Quote Originally Posted by gcfreem View Post
    It's really even worse than that. Outside of the war, winning fights doesn't really matter. What matters is robberies, that's where the real cash is. And to rob someone you only need an attack that is about half of their defense. So your 41m/23m high-roller can be robbed by a 12m/8m player. That, combined with the new Rivals List makes stats pointless. Fact is, I can rob every single one of my rivals. Every single one of my rivals can rob me. So why bother?
    another good point

Also Dr007 makes a very good point as we'll and WOW at Even Tam cutting spending......gree when will you learn???

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
    CJ,

What is the purpose of a defense stat? If I want to raise my defense so that only a small number of players can rob me there should be defense buildings, items in store etc I could purchase to do that. If a player wants to successfully rob/attack me there should be items available for that. All we are doing now is getting the new shiny prize for completing events. No other reason. Wait let me guess. Another attack mod right? My attack has more than doubled my defense. Just remove the defense altogether and just have a come get the latest pixel prize contest.
    I've been talking about perhaps this same concept for months. You gree morons really screwed high income folks over. It's time you give us the ability to stop all but the absolute most powerful entrants.

Post Count
    CJ keeps proving that while sitting in the Olympus and making decisions, he knows NOTHING about this game and what's really important to us.
    They're trying to artificially keep pvp alive, even if we don't care for it.
    First the ridiculous rivals list, then tons of useless atk mods.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Seems like every feature update the past year or so has been a fail and hated by the community. Everything CJ said in his post here is a lie, even the part where def mods are rare. What happen is att mods is handed out like crazy and def mods missing.

This "game" is going down the drain if not something drastic gets done soon.

Bout to be one of the thousands that quit the bonus program already.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I actually like the rivals list changes. I like being able to hit players with higher stats than me.

I've been in a top ten syndicate for quite some time now. And there is certainly something wrong with a free player being able to rob a gold spender. Even cj can agree with this.

This message will self destruct in five seconds.
    Pagoda no good.

Prominent Poet
    (noun) lo•ca•tion [loh-key-shuh n] a place of settlement, activity or residence.
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by krimesity View Post
    What's the status of my stolen 2mil respect points?
    They aren't going to do anything with respect anytime soon, you can get 2M back quickly
    Proud Leader of CCKkillers
    Join room [cck recruiting] on palringo, and we can talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach139 View Post
    @ CCKalDAY: Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    thanks CCKallday
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Larry View Post
    I wish I could punch this thread in the face

Post Count
    I have to agree with what's being said in this thread.

What's the point in building stats if the plan is that everyone can beat everyone?

The defence stat has become pointless and worthless to the majority of us.

I can't see a reason to continue spending on this game besides stopping SAS getting first place.
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Billionaire View Post

What's the point in building stats if the plan is that everyone can beat everyone?

I can't see a reason to continue spending on this game besides stopping SAS getting first place.
    How many times can one see a reason to discontinue purchasing gold, yet continue to purchase gold?
    The Real Gold Standard

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Flapjacks View Post
    How many times can one see a reason to discontinue purchasing gold, yet continue to purchase gold?
    Going by my record a lot of times

Maybe i should go to rehab
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    CJ,
    We would love to hear what you have to say based on the feedback in this thread.
    The way I see it, this game is all about those who play it. The players have spoken loudly and clearly. We want defense stats to match attack stats. Work on a solution to even things out. Thanks.
    Who laughs last laughs best...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dr007 View Post
    CJ,
    We would love to hear what you have to say based on the feedback in this thread.
    The way I see it, this game is all about those who play it. The players have spoken loudly and clearly. We want defense stats to match attack stats. Work on a solution to even things out. Thanks.
    what's even worst, war prizes, the defense modifiers are given out in the weaker tiers, top250 and worst. To the teams that absolutely do not need them. those team would benefit more from attack mods. the teams that need the def mods more, the stronger tiers, are getting the less desirable mods, attack mods. I mean, sure, they're also getting the defense mods from the weaker tiers, but so is everyone else.

kinda backwards if you axe me. Put the defense nods in the top tiers and attack mods in the weaker tiers. But I hate def mods either way.
    Pagoda no good.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Honestly when my attack & defense stats were dead even back in the day, I had no problems finding targets.

It's going to really enrage big gold spenders like Heather when everybody in the game is able to kick her tail left & right.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Billionaire View Post

i know i don't spend as much as you do on this game, but i also spend some, and have really started thinking that if games are for fun i might just drop from the top teams to a top 100 or so, where i can stop the use of gold and just enjoy my game for some time before it dies. if i'm going to get beaten up by lower stats players anyway, then i would choose to get beaten up without me spending on this game.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Hey CJ,

we are waiting for an intelligent answer!!!
    Who laughs last laughs best...