Page 1 of 2 12 Last

I'm sick and tired of the new arena

The only people I've been fighting recently have all had 3 epics each. Often, they even have new chest epics. What the hell am I supposed to do against that? I've maxxed out every epic boss+ armor since Glacius, but even with the recent EB armor inflation, I can't get even a 6 streak anymore except maybe once a week. Even getting a 3 streak is hard to manage. It's simply not fun when everything is stacked against me the way it is now.

First off, there's the inherent attacker's disadvantage where I start from behind from the very beginning because the defender gets the first strike. So I can't simply be as strong as the defender, I have to be stronger.

Second is the problem of missing. Fighting in the arena causes you to miss more than the defender does. This is not observational bias, this has been experimentally shown. Due to the nature of statistics, a very small percentage of the time, this will let you win a fight you would have otherwise lost, but usually it just means that you have to be not just one strike better than your opponent to overcome the previously mentioned attacker's disadvantage, you have to be 2, 3, 4, or even more strikes stronger than your opponent.

Finally, I have to overcome the armor disadvantage. Everyone I fight now as a level 135 has 2 or 3 epics. Only one epic is weaker than EB+ armor, some are getting close to being surpassed, but those are the few knights I'm actually able to beat in the arena.

When I was still sub-level 100, I was almost guaranteed a 20 streak, even though my armor was much weaker then than it is now, and I often would spend some gems after getting bonus energy from a milestone in order to get that 20 streak. Now, the game gives me 0 incentive to spend on the arena because I get shut down so easily because everything that possibly could is stacked against me winning. And that's just not fun at all. There are tens of thousands of players participating in the arena, surely they can't all be epic'ed out gods, can they?

I lose in the arena so much because of misses I haven't spent gems on arena because of this. I used to get five winstreaks easy, rarely now.
    They should just remove misses, crits, and bonuses from the arena. Bonuses in Guild Wars are fine because they are GUILD bonuses. There's no point in having bonuses applied in the arena.
    no

Yep I stopped putting gems into arena aswell, even with 10 epics I find it annoying to lose to a weaker foe on a high kill streak due to misses. Like there is literally no point in misses except to piss you off and quit the arena.
    Thanks Gree for listening

Three out of the way, only 1,800 more to go and that sky majesty is mine! I feel your pain on the misses as well. Maybe you should shorten your goals a little. I go in aiming for a three match win so I can get a free armor to upgrade the epic boss armor I'm currently working on.

Set up your elements accordingly, and if you don't already, place your main knight in the back. have your first knight set up to protect the next. For example: 1st knight- water/spirit, 2nd knight- air/earth, main knight- fire (epic). I have beaten people with 3 "War Epics" with this set-up. I still lose, but I get 3-win streaks allot. I always finish in the 1600-1400 range in arena, which is fine with me.
    Last edited by Adisty; 03-05-2014 at 05:10 AM. Reason: added information
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

lol. its part of the game. they want you to gem to win. p2w

Quote Originally Posted by toogoodformyowngood View Post
    lol. its part of the game. they want you to gem to win. p2w
    Makes no sense if three of the people that have posted on this thread have stopped paying because of it. You're going to have to pay for top ranks anyways and there being misses gives me no reason to spend on arena.
    no

lol. if u always win every fight cause u don't miss where is the fun in that? seriously? losing makes the game fun. winning like 99% of the time is just boring.
    Android, Level 140+ (Retired)

Maxed:
    1) Kerstman's Shroud (+)
    2) Blazestone Mantle (+)
    3) Maelstrom Irons (+)
    4) Bronze Chromatic Mantle (+)
    5) Blazebourne Vanguard
    6) Forgestone Aegis
    7) Soulshard Nercomancer
    8) Northerner's Battlegear
    9) Tectonic Mantle

Non maxed:
    1) Armor of the Devoted

I only go for a three win streak anymore, the free armor is great for leveling EB armors. Also go beat up on your friends if you want to do better. I keep about 70 friends under 100, this is time consuming but you can finish between 2500 and 1001 doing this.
    Line ID gawain1
    Was playing on Android

Quote Originally Posted by Sent View Post
    I lose in the arena so much because of misses I haven't spent gems on arena because of this. I used to get five winstreaks easy, rarely now.
    They should just remove misses, crits, and bonuses from the arena. Bonuses in Guild Wars are fine because they are GUILD bonuses. There's no point in having bonuses applied in the arena.
    Guild bonuses are not in the arena...
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

Quote Originally Posted by hoticehunter View Post
    The only people I've been fighting recently have all had 3 epics each. Often, they even have new chest epics. What the hell am I supposed to do against that? I've maxxed out every epic boss+ armor since Glacius, but even with the recent EB armor inflation, I can't get even a 6 streak anymore except maybe once a week. Even getting a 3 streak is hard to manage. It's simply not fun when everything is stacked against me the way it is now.

First off, there's the inherent attacker's disadvantage where I start from behind from the very beginning because the defender gets the first strike. So I can't simply be as strong as the defender, I have to be stronger.

Second is the problem of missing. Fighting in the arena causes you to miss more than the defender does. This is not observational bias, this has been experimentally shown. Due to the nature of statistics, a very small percentage of the time, this will let you win a fight you would have otherwise lost, but usually it just means that you have to be not just one strike better than your opponent to overcome the previously mentioned attacker's disadvantage, you have to be 2, 3, 4, or even more strikes stronger than your opponent.

Finally, I have to overcome the armor disadvantage. Everyone I fight now as a level 135 has 2 or 3 epics. Only one epic is weaker than EB+ armor, some are getting close to being surpassed, but those are the few knights I'm actually able to beat in the arena.

When I was still sub-level 100, I was almost guaranteed a 20 streak, even though my armor was much weaker then than it is now, and I often would spend some gems after getting bonus energy from a milestone in order to get that 20 streak. Now, the game gives me 0 incentive to spend on the arena because I get shut down so easily because everything that possibly could is stacked against me winning. And that's just not fun at all. There are tens of thousands of players participating in the arena, surely they can't all be epic'ed out gods, can they?
    I know exactly what you mean. The arena is heavily stacked in favor of high spending players. On my iOS alt, I opened 1 chest at level 40 and got Northerner's, so I figured it would be the perfect time to max it, stay at that level, and try to place top 3 in the arena. Nearly all of my opponents fought with the bigger four or EB armors, so I ended up getting 3rd in burning brawl and got Blaze, opened another 3 chests, and got Beast. I figured I would have pretty good odds of winning with 3 maxed epics at level 45.

WRONG. Now, 99% of the people I fight have not only maxed epics, but all maxed new epics. All I see in the arena is Specter, Sandstorm, Komodo, and other new generation epics. What makes me the most upset is the fact that I constantly get matched up with the same opponents in the arena. I know there are thousands of level 40s in the game, so the fact that I only get matched with the ones that can wipe the floor with me is frustrating, to say the least. Now, I'm fortunate to win 2 or 3 in a row.
    Guild: Alliance
    IGN: Alliance Thor
    Level: 199

Epics
    Arclite Shroud+
    Sandstorm Platemail+
    Soulshard Necromantle+
    Beastmaster Battlegear+
    Arborsteel Vanguard+
    Northerner's Battlegear+
    Triskelion Wargear
    Revelation Robes
    Silver Chromatic Mantle
    Sol Vanguard
    Snowstorm Platemail
    Hellfire Platemail
    Cyclone Chainmail
    Runic Robes
    Aquatic Battlegear
    Specter's Shroud
    Aegis of Sky Majesty
    Cloudrange Platemail
    Tectonic Mantle

Gree codes the arena to make you lose. I got top 5 and 2 in arena at level 47 because I pulled 3 epics and maxed them. After that I realize that as soon as you hit 19 wins...they put you up vs players you can't beat. Sometimes players 20-30 levels above you. That's why I went to level 100. It's hard if u don't have the new epics.

I constantly get 20 win streaks now with a normal druidic, normal aquatic, and a komodo+. I have also realize how weak normal guild war epics are since Gree tries to match me up with people from bros and other high ranking guild as soon as I'm close to 20 wins.

Just try for epics....it's the only way man.
    Ign: kingjuju
    Guild: Death Knights(DK)
    IGN: DK JuJu

Lv: 102
    Line ID: kingofjuju
    Knights:
    Apocalypse playemail+ (maxed)
    Triskelion war gear+ (maxed x2)
    Spectors shroud
    Silver chromatic mantle+
    Sol vanguard (maxed)
    Maelstrom irons(maxed)
    Aegis of the sky majesty (maxed)
    Beastmaster Battlegear(maxed)
    Armour of the komodo+ (maxed)
    Drudic platemail+ (maxed)
    Aquadic battlegear (maxed)
    Sandstorm platemail (maxed)

I only do it for the 10 gem milestone reward, after that I lose interest very fast and stop.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO_07 View Post
    I only do it for the 10 gem milestone reward, after that I lose interest very fast and stop.
    I do spend on gems. So the fusion boost rewards and the top 100 is worth it for me. Lots of epics that I don't use need to be maxed. Lol
    Ign: kingjuju
    Guild: Death Knights(DK)
    IGN: DK JuJu

Lv: 102
    Line ID: kingofjuju
    Knights:
    Apocalypse playemail+ (maxed)
    Triskelion war gear+ (maxed x2)
    Spectors shroud
    Silver chromatic mantle+
    Sol vanguard (maxed)
    Maelstrom irons(maxed)
    Aegis of the sky majesty (maxed)
    Beastmaster Battlegear(maxed)
    Armour of the komodo+ (maxed)
    Drudic platemail+ (maxed)
    Aquadic battlegear (maxed)
    Sandstorm platemail (maxed)

Indeed. I mentioned this shortly after the Arena was changed. Its very annoying. Dont get me wrong but im happy to see others confirm this aswell.

I always do around 27.000-29.000 points for the 7500th-10.000th. Satisfying rewards with little to no effort.. Its even possible to miss 2 days of a tournament and still place 7500th-10.000th.

Something is wrong with the arena.

Almost everytime i have elemental advantage i miss and lose. If my opponent have elemental advantage i dont miss but still gets downed pretty fast. If im lucky enough to win and get 5 streaks due to crits in my favor then im matched against one of those " players who are impossible to beat". Some of them have actually been wearing blazeborns that dont care about my maelstroms - They kill my knights on by one. How? This should not be possible.
    LvL: 438 - Bandroid
    Activity: Barely due to Gree's incompetence
    Armors: I hear Gree laughing at us.

Favorite question:Why do you even keep playing KnD?

Guild: LvL 75 Conquering Knights (Members 2x/40)
    Bonuses: Fire 10%. Spirit 10%. Earth 10%. Air 10%. Water 10%.

PM me for more information